British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Swindon Robins 29/7/15

It would be down to what type of contract Darcy or more likely his lawyers have negotiated with Matt

He will not come cheap, and if Matts not happy he won't be going anywhere. But it won't come to that. Still say he'l be a Poole next season. ;)

We'll take him on the same terms that Poole took Miedzinski before this season! A loan deal is that - don't mind if I do!

Won't happen mate..

Think your all barking up the wrong tree, clearly you all have a hearing problem, might just be wax, id go and get them checked :D Dear uncle Rosco would need to use massive powers of persuasion,and i doubt Rosco is that cleaver.. And i doubt very much that Matt would let him out of loan, so Swindon would need to break into the Bank of England. Put a price on Darcy, i wouldn't like to hazzard a guess.

My Mate who's a butcher reckons you could be a HAZARD if you were let loose with your meat CLEVER.

Edited by Triple.H.
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with Darcy the person, Darcy can be a real nice lad, but he's young he's been easily lead and very impressionable.But as we've all, sorry most of us have said, he's paid for his mistakes, he's learn't big time, and now he will go on to forfill his potential and he will do a good kjob for your lot untill the end of the season, and i would suspect tomorrow night as well.

Read your post Starman as you quote "he's young, been easily lead & impressionable" & who has been his main role model in the time he's been in Britain?.

You got it that would be Neil Middleditch.

I think riding for another team in both Britain & Poland will do Darcy a world of good.

Edited by Crazy robin

Read your post Starman as you quote "he's young, been easily lead & impressionable" & who has been his main role model in the time he's been in Britain?.

You got it that would be Neil Middleditch.

I think riding for another team in both Britain & Poland will do Darcy a world of good.

With all due respect he did not specify anyone when he said that comment...............it could apply to absolutely anyone.............

The comment could also apply to any younger person...............there are a lot of people around Darcy.........not just Middlo............

RP

Yes the Pirates will feel the breeze as the Robins go past them :wink:

That's the spirit, keep the belief.

We'll take him on the same terms that Poole took Miedzinski before this season! A loan deal is that - don't mind if I do!

Only difference is that AM wanted to be at Poole, same as Ward. :wink:

• Like 1

With all due respect he did not specify anyone when he said that comment...............it could apply to absolutely anyone.............

The comment could also apply to any younger person...............there are a lot of people around Darcy.........not just Middlo............

RP

Fair comment but Middlo has been as close to Darcy as anyone & is as culpable as them.

Nothing wrong with Darcy the person, Darcy can be a real nice lad, but he's young he's been easily lead and very impressionable.But as we've all, sorry most of us have said, he's paid for his mistakes, he's learn't big time, and now he will go on to forfill his potential and he will do a good kjob for your lot untill the end of the season, and i would suspect tomorrow night as well.

When you say he's "been easily led", who would you say he has been led by?
  • Like 1

Charles Wright scored 11 from 5 when guesting for Leicester earlier this year and looked super quick, so expect him to give Newman a decent battle. Overall think this will be close either way.

• Like 1

A quick shout out to all those Swindon fans claiming that Ward will ride for them in 2016...both Matt Ford and Darcy himself have issued a number of press releases clearly stating that Darcy will be a Pirate in 2016 and a for very long time to come - UNLESS Darcy ups his average to a ridiculous level (as stated by MF this week). Does anybody really think that will happen? :nono:

• Like 2

People will say all the right things in the press at the moment....at the start of next season?...who knows....may be a different kettle of fish

• Like 3

People will say all the right things in the press at the moment....at the start of next season?...who knows....may be a different kettle of fish

Nah, Darcy is Poole though and through :t:

However the AGM might change things I guess....

Edited by chris4gillian

Hit the nail on the head there C4G. Where Darcy or Chris or Magic ride next year will be down to what the team building rules are and where the riders themselves want to ride - UK or not?!. Swindon at the moment (or from 1st August at least) have a similar problem especially if the 'only 2 over 7 points rule' is retained? If Swindon attempt to manipulate Batch's end of season average, then that may not do their play-off chances any good!!

As far as Poole are concerned, as Matt's preferred starting option for this season was Darcy and Magic then I don't see his mind changing much for 2016!!

• Like 1

Hit the nail on the head there C4G. Where Darcy or Chris or Magic ride next year will be down to what the team building rules are and where the riders themselves want to ride - UK or not?!. Swindon at the moment (or from 1st August at least) have a similar problem especially if the 'only 2 over 7 points rule' is retained? If Swindon attempt to manipulate Batch's end of season average, then that may not do their play-off chances any good!!

As far as Poole are concerned, as Matt's preferred starting option for this season was Darcy and Magic then I don't see his mind changing much for 2016!!

Add to that the fact that where a rider wants to ride is a major factor. As far as a contract goes it is a two way agreement. Matt no doubt has asked the riders to sign a water tight contract which ties the rider to the club, but if the rider is really good he can dictate his own terms and the club has to take it or leave it. The contract should benefit both parties and should not be controlled by one of the parties. Darcy would be daft to sign a contract that ties him to one club for life.

That's because it's all he's been used to...being possibly a touch naive there after all he was Torun through and through at one point...

• Like 1

If Magic wants to race in the UK next year, Matt Ford would be crazy to let another club get him. Even if that means not having both of the Turbo Twins