British Speedway Forum
Trevor

Belle Vue, Kings Lynn Or Swindon For 3rd/4th Spot

I agree with Orlov, it's a real shame but I think the top 4 will be strongly influenced by the weather, just like the title being too influenced by who has the best reserves rather than the best top 5?

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it has now been altered immensely by Ward's devastating injury. I hope & pray for a full recovery. This may well impact on Swindon's chances as he has had an enormous influence on team spirit but that is now the least of my worries. Come on Darcy, let the Aussie spirit triumph, we are all praying for you.

• Like 4

If Kings Lynn win tomorrow and Swindon win on thursday as they should then Belle Vue have to win at Wolves to have any hope which they could do but maybe Wolves won't be such an easy touch at home.

C

If Kings Lynn win tomorrow and Swindon win on thursday as they should then Belle Vue have to win at Wolves to have any hope which they could do but maybe Wolves won't be such an easy touch at home.

We have been an easy touch for 2/3rds of the season so it will be the Aces to lose.

More will depend on if Swindon now use guests or sign a rider before the 28th for the remaining matches.

More will depend on if Swindon now use guests or sign a rider before the 28th for the remaining matches.

You should win at home with R/R you may not get anything at kings Lynn now but if you your remaining home matches you will be in the play offs.

Edited by foreverblue

If Kings Lynn win both their home meetings Belle Vue can't catch them, we need Swindon to win tomorrow but looking unlikely now

The annoying problem with The Aces and they have done this for years even when at the foot of the table, is their capacity to be just bad enough to miss out on match points.

In seven matches this year if they had scored just nine well placed race points they would have a further nine match points. The nine race points would make little to no difference to the team average but those match points would see us battling for first not sweating on fourth.

I'd love to knowvif other teams have such a ratio of race to match points lost, to such a degree as us.

The weather could play a big part with rain offs this week and last week.

There was a pre AGM yesterday where promoters were discussing having the cut off dates and play offs put back a bit to allow for fixtures to be completed in time & not so close together.

They can't delay as riders will be leaving for the Aussie gp.

Aces fan, but really couldn't care less now who makes it. Would happily miss out on a play off spot and see poole win it in exchange for some good news re Darcy.

• Like 3

They can't delay as riders will be leaving for the Aussie gp.

They could run the semi home and away in the same week, bringing the playoffs down to two weeks instead of the three they have at present, which have already been cut down from four they have had previously.

Edited by A ORLOV

I think Belle Vue will miss out. Swindon are odds-on and Lynn have booked another teams No.1 to replace a mediocre middle order man so should continue their home streak, which will see them gain enough points. Lynn to finish on 54, Swindon on 53 and Belle Vue on 50

It's looking even more likely now that the Aces will be fifth.

C

We have been an easy touch for 2/3rds of the season so it will be the Aces to lose.

I hope Belle Vue win and get all 4 points, but I wouldn't put money on it.

• Like 1