British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DutchGrasstrack

Gorzow Gp 29 August

Sorry but the language that Woffinden used last night is unacceptable, end of. The fact that Steve Brandon apologised for his first expletive, only for Tai to use it again makes it even more unacceptable, and if your looking for raw emotion can I suggest you look at Holders interview, pure emotion.

Congratulations Screm you have succinctly put into words exactly what I wanted to say. Totally unprofessional by TW but it'd fair to say emotions were running high. If as I hope it was just a one off I have no problem and everyone I know with one exception days he's a lovely down to earth guy

I recently moved over to Windows 10 and now I dont have a translator to give me English, and I cant remember how/where I got the previous one from.

Any one help with ideas.?????

I tend to use google's chrome browser as this will load web page and asks if you want to translate. Still works after upgrade to Windows 10.

You can also load google translate or bing translate. Then in text to be translated type in web address. They should load up the page and translate it

I shall have to read it later as it won't translate on my phone.

Thanks for the link

Chrome browser app on iphone or android can be used to translate

• Like 1

I tend to use google's chrome browser as this will load web page and asks if you want to translate. Still works after upgrade to Windows 10.

You can also load google translate or bing translate. Then in text to be translated type in web address. They should load up the page and translate it

Chrome browser app on iphone or android can be used to translate

Please Please don't confuse us technophobes

Congratulations Screm you have succinctly put into words exactly what I wanted to say. Totally unprofessional by TW but it'd fair to say emotions were running high. If as I hope it was just a one off I have no problem and everyone I know with one exception days he's a lovely down to earth guy

Woffinden is a fantastic rider, and will hopefully go on to be World Champ this year, but that should bring a responsibility of conducting yourself better than Tai did last night. However I completely accept that Tai and Darcy are big mates and Tai will have been as upset as most over last weeks accident.

Sorry but the language that Woffinden used last night is unacceptable, end of. The fact that Steve Brandon apologised for his first expletive, only for Tai to use it again makes it even more unacceptable, and if your looking for raw emotion can I suggest you look at Holders interview, pure emotion.

A good friend has had a potentially life changing accident, in that context surely the use of "industrial language" is trivial. I thought Brandon actually exarcebated the situation by mentioning it - he could have just left it to Pearson to do that.

Agree re holder 100%.

• Like 2

Woffys look, his attitude and now the swearing though is pretty "cool". Unlike Hancocks trying to be cool but not realising it's not 1970s America now and he just looks like a prick.

Being a little edgy and naughty, being the lad that if a young girl took home to meet her parents that her parents would be a little shocked is exactly what we need. Not boring "nice" guys. They don't sell. My sister has a major crush on Woffy, she likes the tattoos, piercings, the arrogance etc. there probably a lot of 20-something women thinking the same. When was the last time speedway had a World Champion with any sex appeal? 1982, around about the last time my mum cared about speedway!

Tai's first ride in this meeting was ridiculous good it was unreal especially early on in the meeting where the grip is usually scarce.

That ride alone deserves a world title and IMO only a few riders ever could have done that and won that heat like he did.

Trust me watch that heat again.

• Like 2

Tai's first ride in this meeting was ridiculous good it was unreal especially early on in the meeting where the grip is usually scarce.

That ride alone deserves a world title and IMO only a few riders ever could have done that and won that heat like he did.

Trust me watch that heat again.

Agreed. It was a perfectly executed, wheel perfect 4 laps. A real joy to watch.

Woffys look, his attitude and now the swearing though is pretty "cool". Unlike Hancocks trying to be cool but not realising it's not 1970s America now and he just looks like a prick.

Being a little edgy and naughty, being the lad that if a young girl took home to meet her parents that her parents would be a little shocked is exactly what we need. Not boring "nice" guys. They don't sell. My sister has a major crush on Woffy, she likes the tattoos, piercings, the arrogance etc. there probably a lot of 20-something women thinking the same. When was the last time speedway had a World Champion with any sex appeal? 1982, around about the last time my mum cared about speedway!

Why would someone acting politely be a P.... SCB? a very strange statement.Also last year Tai,s reaction to losing his crown was brilliant the best in my opinion Greg's reaction will be exactly the same everyone has a different character. Edited by sidney

Your entitled to your opinion, but I am sorry I dont think its acceptable to swear during a live interview on tv, maybe your right I`m from a different generation than Tai but I still find it hard to accept that the kind of swearing we heard from Tai as being cool.

• Like 4

You need riders different from the 'norm' if we had 15 Greg Hancocks, sure the GP'S will be to a high standard but be boring off the track, riders like tai can cause a split which gets people talking, which promotes the sport, any publicity is good publicity especially now with this tough time ahead for the sport.

The fact that Steve Brandon apologised for his first expletive,

I hate the way interviewers and commentators do that, just let it pass.

Niamh

I`m from a different generation than Tai

So am I, I have a son pretty much Tai's age and have no problem with the day to day language of people of that age.

Niamh

I hate the way interviewers and commentators do that, just let it pass.

Niamh

So am I, I have a son pretty much Tai's age and have no problem with the day to day language of people of that age.

Niamh

I work in a school with kids from 11 to 18 and you are right they do use language like that all the time .... However that is talking to one another, it is not acceptable to use it when talking to school staff or visitors and I would suggest also not acceptable if being interviewed on TV as a representative of your sport!

• Like 4

I would suggest also not acceptable if being interviewed on TV as a representative of your sport!

Generally I'd go along with that, but this past week hasn't exactly been a normal week in speedway.

Outside of this one interview it's not language that Tai uses when being interviewed so cut everyone a little slack.

Niamh

• Like 2

As a general rule I agree, but this is a pretty special set of circumstances. The four letter word that stood out for me was "Love"- great that sportspeople are not afraid to express man-love.

Is anyone actually offended by the f word these days. Most kids know it, and if not it would have washed right over them. My six year old told my 4 year old the other day " I've figured out what the f word is." Loud whisper "it's " fool!""

• Like 1