British Speedway Forum

..probably a stupid thought, but would Robert Mear's average fit? Just riding for Lakeside isn't going to be enough meetings to get him back in to the swing of it. Agree with many comments here about the team building being a mess - starting with NBJ's release - which seems to have been based on Lambert staying. Even so, still think that apart from Kennett & Lanham, the other four named so far will all increase their starting averages which could mean a decent season...if we get the right final piece to the jjgsaw now Klindt has gone elsewhere (no great loss in my opinion).

• Like 1

So who's it going to be, Australian,American or European rider to fill the last spot?

The silence coming out of Rye is deafening.

..probably a stupid thought, but would Robert Mear's average fit? Just riding for Lakeside isn't going to be enough meetings to get him back in to the swing of it. Agree with many comments here about the team building being a mess - starting with NBJ's release - which seems to have been based on Lambert staying. Even so, still think that apart from Kennett & Lanham, the other four named so far will all increase their starting averages which could mean a decent season...if we get the right final piece to the jjgsaw now Klindt has gone elsewhere (no great loss in my opinion).

The one rider i would hope to see big progress from as far as his average is concerned is Cameron Heeps. Always impressed by him at Ipswich and goes well around Rye. For me Robbo never meets expectations as far as average goes, Kasper will only make any strides if he gets to grip with his Gating. Leigh will be a success if he maintains his current average. To see an improvement from all would be brilliant but probably unlikely as it is a bit much to expect. As far as Mear is concerned he had good support from the fans and did the dirty on us. Too much baggage as far as i am concerned

Mear? God no. I'd rather have Kurt Shields back.

Haha

Edited by JmeRay

I think Rob Mear is content with just doing the EL as its fewer meetings along with his full time job. I think Lanham will surprise plenty of people this season and could be a real trump card. Heeps needs to up his average, Morley will increase his so if Kennett & Robbo maintain theirs it should be a decent year providing your last signing is not a real duffer!

Most probably adding 2 and 2 to make 5, but has anybody noticed that Lewis Bridger keeps tweeting that he is in training and almost back to race weight?? Not my favourite character but isn't he rumoured to be mates with Edward K and Edward is helping to select team?

Average would be far to high

Edited by phillipsr

it wont be Bridger, he still has ambition!

Still has?

What exactly would Bridgers average be , if its high then?,,,May not be to anyones liking, but the other alternative is drop a 5 pointer and bring in Branford as well .. now dont shoot me down im not advocating the move for Bridger !!

Edited by waco

What exactly would Bridgers average be , if its high then?,,,May not be to anyones liking, but the other alternative is drop a 5 pointer and bring in Branford as well .. now dont shoot me down im not advocating the move for Bridger !!

His Elite League GSA is 7.23, so he may not even be eligible. If he is I'm guessing on a 1.4 conversion factor (based on discussion elsewhere of Peter Karlsson's PL converted average) which would come out as 10.12. So short of dropping Kennett - no way.

Arnieg ,,thanks for that,,surprised its that high to be honest

His Elite League GSA is 7.23, so he may not even be eligible. If he is I'm guessing on a 1.4 conversion factor (based on discussion elsewhere of Peter Karlsson's PL converted average) which would come out as 10.12. So short of dropping Kennett - no way.

He won't be eligible for the same reason as Peterborough were prevented from signing Jacob Thorssell. Both have EL averages in excess of six and neither have an existing PL average.