British Speedway Forum

Now a few more teams are taking shape, got to be honest the more I look at this Rye team the more I like it so not sure I share the pessimism.

Kennett is one of the top three number ones in the league along with Stead and King and you'll get double figure from him just about everywhere.

The 2-5 may look as though it lacks a bit of punch to support him, but all are capapble of chipping in with solid if unspectular scores and I mean all of them.

What they may lack in the 2-5 they make up in the reserves. On paper you'll probably have the strongest and you could realistically see any of Klindt, Heeps or Lanham at reserve which is ridiculous. All three would clean up at reserve.

Klindt doesn't seem a popular choice and he is very inconsistent I agree. Sometimes he looks dreadful, but every now and again when he has his gating boots on and his head in the right place, he can go through the card and look unbeatable.

When he has one of those days, Rye will win meetings that nobody will give them a chance in pre meeting.

Looks a play off side to me.

I think that Rye will struggle to win enough races tbh , if Kennett has an off day , can't see anyone else big enough to take over. Lot of pressure on Kennett to reproduce last seasons heroics.

I'm tending to side more with Cliff than the previous two posts. I think Rye fans were expecting a Glasgow type rejuvenation at Rye House, but there have been problems. There are still problems as I'm led to believe the planned building work has has to be put on hold due to planning issues. The proposed Robert Lambert signing went belly up with one of the best prospects we've had in years let go to our near rivals. What a mess!

I'm tending to side more with Cliff than the previous two posts. I think Rye fans were expecting a Glasgow type rejuvenation at Rye House, but there have been problems. There are still problems as I'm led to believe the planned building work has has to be put on hold due to planning issues. The proposed Robert Lambert signing went belly up with one of the best prospects we've had in years let go to our near rivals. What a mess!

If you were expecting a Glasgow type rejuvenation then naturally you'll feel disappointed as it isn't that (this year at least).

But you need to forget the "have a look at what you could have won" Jim Bowen moment and not be too down on what you've ended up with.

It's not a bad team at all and I genuinely think if it stays healthy you'll be in the thick of the play off action.

Cameron Heeps has so much potential but the kid has been so so unlucky with three wrist breaks that have definitely hampered his progress.

If he has an injury free run for a change, you'll be on to a winner there.

Those reserves will win you meetings.

I think that Rye will struggle to win enough races tbh , if Kennett has an off day , can't see anyone else big enough to take over. Lot of pressure on Kennett to reproduce last seasons heroics.

Eastbourne, 1971 second division champions didn't have a single prominent heatleader except, perhaps, Malcolm Ballard, but a team of solid second strings. What can be achieved is what took place at Foxhall Heath on 5th August. Despite Ipswich providing eleven out thirteen race winners they could only manage a draw and going into the final heat were four points down.

Eastbourne, 1971 second division champions didn't have a single prominent heatleader except, perhaps, Malcolm Ballard, but a team of solid second strings. What can be achieved is what took place at Foxhall Heath on 5th August. Despite Ipswich providing eleven out thirteen race winners they could only manage a draw and going into the final heat were four points down.

That was my first ever speedway meeting, it was my birthday treat ! Was it John Louis and Tony Davey in heat 13 ?

Despite being only 45 mins away I have not been to Rye for many years, the teams have always had the same Len Silver look about them, when I saw the 2016 team in the recent speedway star my gut reaction was, this is not a regular Rye team even though several have ridden for Rye before, imo they have a very good mixture of youth and experience, racers and trappers, I think you will get a reasonable amount of cross Lakeside support too as you track a number of Hammers favourites past and present but above all else people crave entertainment and I think you will get that with that team, I will definetely be looking to pop along.

• Like 2

It's just another team of ifs really.

If Robbo can put a bad season behind him and become a seven point man again.

If Klindt can live up to his third heatleader billing and be bothered if he's beaten out of the starts.

If Heeps can stay fit for a whole season.

If Lanham can become a seven point man again.

If Kasper can gate.

If Ben can live up to his billing as top number seven in the league.

If Eddie can turn up in heat 15.

If Robbo can put a bad season behind him and become a seven point man again.

If Klindt can live up to his third heatleader billing and be bothered if he's beaten out of the starts.

If Heeps can stay fit for a whole season.

If Lanham can become a seven point man again.

If Kasper can gate.

If Ben can live up to his billing as top number seven in the league.

If Eddie can turn up in heat 15.

Robbo isn't getting any younger and can't see any improvement will do well at Newcastle

Klindt is very poor when he doesn't gate everyone in speedway knows this, a 5 month winter break isn't going to change what he has been doing for the 4 years

Heeps is quality and will improve he is only 20 years old plenty of improvement in him

Lanham again like Robbo too old and doesn't want to get in the mix, no improvement in him will maintain his average at best, 2 years ago he was a 7 point rider, on the slide now

Don't know who says morley is the top reserve he is quite poor what I've seen,

Eddie is a top rider regardless of what heat, everyone know he doesn't like heat 15

Robbo isn't getting any younger and can't see any improvement will do well at Newcastle

Klindt is very poor when he doesn't gate everyone in speedway knows this, a 5 month winter break isn't going to change what he has been doing for the 4 years

Heeps is quality and will improve he is only 20 years old plenty of improvement in him

Lanham again like Robbo too old and doesn't want to get in the mix, no improvement in him will maintain his average at best, 2 years ago he was a 7 point rider, on the slide now

Don't know who says morley is the top reserve he is quite poor what I've seen,

Eddie is a top rider regardless of what heat, everyone know he doesn't like heat 15

The pessimist in me agrees with most of that.

Morley is statistically (on NL averages) the best of the three pointers that are taking the reserve berths this year, fact.

So Eddie isn't good regardless of what heat if, as we all know, he doesn't like heat 15.

Isn't that the case with most teams ?

Hull 2004 springs to mind.

Isn't that the case with most teams ?

Hull 2004 springs to mind.

Not on such a big scale, there are big question marks over most of our team this year in my opinion. Look at Glasgow, Lunna and Garcia are the question marks there, if one comes good they'll have a good year, there's significant question marks over six of our seven IMO.

Not on such a big scale, there are big question marks over most of our team this year in my opinion. Look at Glasgow, Lunna and Garcia are the question marks there, if one comes good they'll have a good year, there's significant question marks over six of our seven IMO.

Question marks over who? Kasper was averaging over 7 points a meeting from reserve last season before he moved up. Ben will beat most number 7's around Rye House and a fair few number 6's. That's all he's expected to do.

No evidence of that being true at all. I watched Lanham for the duration of his stay at Somerset last year and I would say he was certainly mixing it. He's never going to do a Emil Sayfutdinov and come flying round the outside up the fence but he will certainly do a job. Rye House as a home track will suit him down to the ground.

• Like 2