British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Coventry V Leicester Fri 14th August

You missed out Colin Cook!!

That team's the one which went through a complete season 1-7 unchanged. I don't think that record will ever be equalled!!

Cookie came along quite a few years after that.

• Like 3

I've just seen the local forecast for the SW... It's not looking good for Thursday at Swindon either!

Met office has severe warnings for Thursday and Friday..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?WT.mc_id=Facebook_Content_Enquiries&tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1439247600

Does anybody know when the official cut off date is for the play offs?

That team's the one which went through a complete season 1-7 unchanged. I don't think that record will ever be equalled!!

Cookie came along quite a few years after that.

Yeah I know! He was just a great favourite of mine even though he never rode for a team I supported.

colinbike200.jpg

• Like 3

Just to stop the speculation I expect, we have an early announcement on the bees website.

Thurs Summers for Robbo.

Friday R/R for Hans & Ludvig Lindgren for Robbo.

Weather forecast not looking good fortunately.

• Like 1

Must have been that fantastic guest meeting for Summers the other week that stuck in the mind - strange decision.

Swindon will walk it.

• Like 3

Must have been that fantastic guest meeting for Summers the other week that stuck in the mind - strange decision.

Swindon will walk it.

To be fair, Summers had been good at Brandon on his visit before guesting against us. He said the reason he struggled is cos he was ill.

Can't remember how Summers rides at Swindon but what other option were there on such a low average? Robson only scored 4 there last time against a weaker line up.

As for the home meeting I think the only winner is going to sadly be the rain looking at the forecasts.

Does anybody know when the official cut off date is before the play offs?

Edited by mdmc82

Not sure what you mean by no mention? It is listed in their fixture list. They have a fixture on Wed at King's Lynn so i'm sure they will focus on that first.

http://leicesterlions.co/fixtures/

I made that mistake the meeting is on thursday

• Like 1

I believe the cut off for the play-offs is September 9th, with the first p/o semi final scheduled for Monday 14th.

Edited by Skidder1

I believe the cut off for the play-offs is September 9th, with the first p/o semi final scheduled for Monday 14th.

Thanks. With the weather due to change, it could be a race for teams to make sure all their fixtures are done in time 😁

Regarding Thursday's weather....

What we have is a low pressure system moving up over parts of the UK, it's a very warm, muggy, damp low pressure and will bring with it a lot of rain, and electrical activity (thunderstorms) Now, the route this will take as it judders it's way up is a very fluidic scenario.....

50 miles more to the east and Kings Lynn will be off, but if it tracks the predicted path, Kings Lynn will be ok until around the early hours of Friday Morning.......

In my opinion.

1. Chris Harris, 2. Ludvig Lindgren, 3. Danny King, 4. Replacement for Hans Andersen tbc, 5. Joonas Kylmakorpi, 6. Jason Garrity and 7. James Sarjeant

Leicester: 1. Jason Doyle, 2. Kevin Doolan, 3. Guest Replacement for Grzegorz Walasek, 4. Szymon Wozniak, 5. Piotr Swiderski, 6. Charles Wright and 7. Oliver Greenwood

John Boulger

Malcolm Brown

John Hart

DeWayne Keeter

Graham Plant

Norman Storer

Ray Wilson

Wilson & Storer as FTR looks good

• Like 1

Wilson & Storer as FTR looks good

This is a Coventry thread, teams can only be listed in alphabetical order!!

• Like 2

This is a Coventry thread, teams can only be listed in alphabetical order!!

If you want more info you need to buy the programme. :D

Can't see the Lions getting the Better of the Bees. They have had probably the worst season they could have had with injuries etc, etc. Lets hope for a better 2016, but I said that last year and when they announced the team at the start of this year, I thought they had put together a decent side. Then it all went pear shape when the 2 overseas lads went back home, then the Bridger farce followed by a black cat run infront of Norries car with a spate of injuries that put paid to the Lions doing anything again