British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow V Redcar Pl Sun 9th Aug 2015 At 3pm

Getting exciting now as , despite the annoying injury thing , we chase a top 2 finish . Fellow contenders , Peterborough , drag their patched up side to Smugville tonight , so they'll do well to get owt there . So we have a chance to gain some more ground on our rivals .

It's actually a big week in the title chase , with the Smugs home and away with Peterborough and a fixture at Rye House in between , before heading to Somerset for the telly meeting and Somerset have a crucial looking northern tour next weekend .

Anyway back to Sunday , weans get in for nothing this week , hopefully with the proviso of accompanied by a paying adult or it could get noisy .

We have Josh Grajczonek guesting for Nick , and r/r for the unfortunate Kauko .

Redcar have Kevin Doolan guesting at number 1 and Arthur Sissis guersting at number 7 , he could be troublesome from there . And of course it's a quick return for the French surrender monkey and his fragile confidence hmmmmmm.

Hopefully we get an entertaining meeting as it doesn't matter if you win by 2 or 32 this season , so 2 will do .

I reckon if they can get Nick and Kauko back before Play -offs that will be a handy side and take some beating.

I reckon if they can get Nick and Kauko back before Play -offs that will be a handy side and take some beating.

Both will be back by then . Both injuries are a result of the curse of the Peugeot Open invitation , so lets hope no more riders are named till next weekend
  • Like 1

Both will be back by then . Both injuries are a result of the curse of the Peugeot Open invitation , so lets hope no more riders are named till next weekend

Have I missed something or is this the main individual event in Scotland this year? No Scottish Open?

Have I missed something or is this the main individual event in Scotland this year? No Scottish Open?

Heard a rumour that is was going to be a four team tournament instead of the Scottish Open , but who knows . Anyway they've got other things to worry about tonight after getting pumped at home by Peterborough
  • Like 2

Heard a rumour that is was going to be a four team tournament instead of the Scottish Open , but who knows . Anyway they've got other things to worry about tonight after getting pumped at home by Peterborough

Just back from a sunny Ibrox did i miss something that makes this from being a good night to becoming a great one :D .

• Like 2

Just back from a sunny Ibrox did i miss something that makes this from being a good night to becoming a great one :D .

Great win for Rangers tonight. Let's hope it's the first of many 👍🏻

Edinburgh lost at home to Peterborough 44-45

Edited by mdmc82

Back to the Glasgow v Redcar fixture - I can see Kus up for this,Doolan (guesting) always gives 100% and no doubt Berge will get double figures :o So should be good match although Tigers to win. Hopefully a big crowd with U16s getting in free :t:

call a one point defeat a pumping?!!! Come to berwick we will show you how a real home pumping looks
  • Like 1

Back to the Glasgow v Redcar fixture - I can see Kus up for this,Doolan (guesting) always gives 100% and no doubt Berge will get double figures :o So should be good match although Tigers to win. Hopefully a big crowd with U16s getting in free :t:

If we play our cards right we can easily prevent Dimitri scoring double figures.

After all, we allegedly know how to affect his confidence..

A wee pits visit from Jose prior to meeting should do the trick. ;)

• Like 1

Dimitri top 3 tracks

1. Why does it always rain on me...travis

2. Hound dog...elvis

3. Dont look back in anger...oasis.

• Like 1

Info taken from Tigers facebook site; do other tracks do this?

SUNDAYS MEETING:

Here is your schedule:

Pre-race:

14:35 Roary's here, what vehicle will he use for his entrance this week? The start team will be ready to welcome those Tiger feet!

14:40 Stewart Dickson will be interviewed by our guest presenter for the day Derek Smith

14:45 Away team parade with rider introductions

14:50 Tigers' parade with rider introductions

15:00 Riders are on two minutes

During meeting:

Heat 4 grading of track, Roary and Roxy are to receive a gift and our Facebook competition winners receive their prizes.

Heat 7 grading of track and special presentation

Heat 10 grading of track, and £500 smackeroonies it's the biggest 50/50 in speedway buy your tickets on entry.

Heat 14 Roary you will move on the first whistle, Kids you will move whenever you fancy! It's our Kids Race.

Post Meeting

Parade of winning team and Belt Up Trophies Rider of the Night Presentation.

If attending for the first time, we recommend that you use our designated car park and that you buy a programme, in the centre is a race card which will help you follow the racing (bring a pen to fill it in)

• Like 7

Well that was pretty comfortable . Tight for about 4 heats , then Glasgow strolled to an easy victory . Thank heaven for Jonas B Andersen who provided the only real opposition .

Big paydays for the Tigers riders , shame Victor suffered a puncture while leading heat 2 as it robbed him of a first paid maximum

Jonas b anderson looks like a nifty wee rider doesn't he?

Sissis was trying his best and seems to like oor place.

The rest of the bears didn't show up for the picnic but its was a weaker side than we would've like to have seen today. Well done to all the tigers and josh for a good safe meeting.

• Like 1