British Speedway Forum

Been waiting for this for a while now, I know of plenty people personally who would take it on but not for anything like they was asking for it, hope they lower the price to make sure it's sold and not just stick in for the money and see the club die, fingers crossed.

Ah, so you know the asking price? Pray tell, as this may allow a prospective investor's mind to be made up.

• Like 1

So the Bandits are up for sale well if the price is anything like the one I've been hearing its not going to happen I think they will be lucky to get half of that.

Lets look at what they have other than the riders an old ambulance(the newest was bought by john not the speedway), a pick up, 2 old tractors, the fence, floodlights on the bends, pits tea bar(I think the van belongs to andersons), the tapes and starter gear, the red lights, the sound baffle on bends 1&2, the track grading equipment

There's also a price of the goodwill, the bond and the licence.

Maybe this sale is about 2 years too late.

It could be a long winter but saying that will it not all have to be sorted by the AGM

Here's hoping for a good outcome

• Like 1

it all depends how much they have tied up in it and how much they can afford to loose

also how much they are willing to loose to keep it open or loose the lot rather than let someone take it over at the outgoing consotriums cost

Think it is difficult to work out what a speedway club is worth.Rider assets are very speculative on their value,do they get their Bond repayed or is it included in the selling price.Speedway is going through very difficult times nowadays,nobody is going to outlay silly money to take a club over IMO . Edited by Fromafar

Ah, so you know the asking price? Pray tell, as this may allow a prospective investor's mind to be made up.

"Interested parties should contact John Anderson on 07503-540236 or George Hepburn on 07831-181089. All enquiries will be treated in fullest confidence." Plucked out from Bandits facebook page, if anyone want's to know the price and any other details, I already know but as I'm not an official and am not interested in buying I do not feel like I should spout information to you and others on the forum regarding the asking price, although judging by the posts on here I'm certainly not the only one who knows and I'm also certainly not the only one who doesn't think they will get what they are asking for. Hope I've helped in your enquiries.
  • Like 3

it would be worth peanuts in all honesty, its a business losing money in a rented stadium.

Just like when newport was sold, the Malletts were asking for a lot more than what potential buyers were willing to pay, and lets be fair Newports stadium was probably a lot more attractive than berwicks.

Lets hope it doesnt go the same way as Newport though

• Like 3

Imagine if no buyer they will not continue into 2017

Yes, but they can spend 2017 counting their Bond Money and thinking of a new use for the Fence.

I guess when selling a going concern, the sellers will have a price at which it is not worth selling as such,then it becomes more effective to dispose of assets

Assets what assets back of fag packet comes to mind

I guess when selling a going concern, the sellers will have a price at which it is not worth selling as such,then it becomes more effective to dispose of assets

I really don't know, but I guess foam fence, equipment, bonds?

I suppose rider contracts will have a value?

Sorry to hear about the Bandits plight once again.

Lets hope that a buyer can be found for me a great bunch of supporters.

I guess that it will all come down to the asking price.

When Sheffield were up for sale a few years ago we were told that there was some foreign interest in the club which was heavily rumoured to be someone who had some Berwick connections.

Maybe.

• Like 1

david bellego

Yes, but they can spend 2017 counting their Bond Money and thinking of a new use for the Fence.

Can't imagine bond being much or is it

Edited by Barnstormer