British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

What's the point in Claus coming back half fit for 1 month where he could have already had his op and be thinking about next season

The answer for Claus is to have the operation now giving him a longer period to recover, that advice should come from the club, as he is of little use if not totally fit, and could agrevate the injury even more.

• Like 1

The answer for Claus is to have the operation now giving him a longer period to recover.

I agree with that, however, it can only be his decision based on whoever is advising him medically.

I agree with that, however, it can only be his decision based on whoever is advising him medically.

I know it can, but have you ever known a sensible speedway rider

• Like 1

The answer for Claus is to have the operation now giving him a longer period to recover, that advice should come from the club, as he is of little use if not totally fit, and could agrevate the injury even more.

One of the problems being he rides foe several clubs here and abroad + guest bookings so that could mean losing a lot of potential earnings,like you say is there such at thing as a sensible speedway rider in that situation!!

It would make sense, Vissings Polish club KSM Krosno are having about as good as season as Berwick are and are very unlikely to make any play off, unsure as to where his Danish club stands in their league.

One of the problems being he rides foe several clubs here and abroad + guest bookings so that could mean losing a lot of potential earnings,like you say is there such at thing as a sensible speedway rider in that situation!!

He won't pick up many/any guest bookings as the chances are he won't be scoring a load of points every meeting as he was before his injuries
  • Like 1

He won't pick up many/any guest bookings as the chances are he won't be scoring a load of points every meeting as he was before his injuries

How do you that as a fact? He will have an average that suits guest bookings IMO.Just hope he doesn't come back too soon if he is not fit.

I know it can, but have you ever known a sensible speedway rider

When you're riding a bike at 60-70 mph with no brakes, sense goes out the window :-) The doc says a month, you can half it for a speedway rider. My own personal feeling is that I would only like to see Claus back if he is 100% fit, otherwise he isn't doing himself or the club any good. But try telling that to a man who needs to ride to earn a living.

• Like 3

When you're riding a bike at 60-70 mph with no brakes, sense goes out the window :-) The doc says a month, you can half it for a speedway rider. My own personal feeling is that I would only like to see Claus back if he is 100% fit, otherwise he isn't doing himself or the club any good. But try telling that to a man who needs to ride to earn a living.

The lesson must surely have been learned when Ben Barker came back to soon from his early season injury, though IMO in the case of Vissing his absence from the team should've been addressed as running with R/R for so long has done the team no good.

• Like 1

Cook guesting is going to make it tough for the Bandits IMO.

No tougher than if it was Simon Stead.

• Like 2

No tougher than if it was Simon Stead.

Not really interested whether that is the case or not,I am quoting regarding Cook as a guest.
  • Like 2

Newsletter carries the good news that Ricky Ashworth will be in attendance, plus a good hospitality offer.

Track has been resurfaced, fence refurbished and the weather looks set fair.

Let's go racing!

• Like 1