British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

Looking at the team lines this will be a very difficult match. Going to need all the Bandits to fire to get anything I feel. But just glad to have speedway back after a couple of weeks off.

Looking at the team lines this will be a very difficult match. Going to need all the Bandits to fire to get anything I feel. But just glad to have speedway back after a couple of weeks off.

Agreed, Saturdays meeting will give a opportunity to see if the supporters of speedway in Berwick really want it or not, no speedway for a couple of weeks, good forecast and attractive opposition should get people along.

Agreed, Saturdays meeting will give a opportunity to see if the supporters of speedway in Berwick really want it or not, no speedway for a couple of weeks, good forecast and attractive opposition should get people along.

Hopefully so. But I really think the club has missed a trick at the height of the summer and with as many tourists going about that nothing has been done to attract them on a Saturday night. Some sort of a presence on the high street on Saturday afternoon, even asking volunteers to hand out leaflets. I'm sure if the club asked for volunteers, even reward them with a free entry for the night, there would be a few willing to hand them out on the high street or near the camp. The school holidays will be finishing soon. Disappointing to see even the lack of posters in shops. I've tried keeping an eye out for any but only seen one in the O2 shop and one in the large notice board outside b&m. If you weren't looking for them you'd never see them.

Hopefully so. But I really think the club has missed a trick at the height of the summer and with as many tourists going about that nothing has been done to attract them on a Saturday night. Some sort of a presence on the high street on Saturday afternoon, even asking volunteers to hand out leaflets. I'm sure if the club asked for volunteers, even reward them with a free entry for the night, there would be a few willing to hand them out on the high street or near the camp. The school holidays will be finishing soon. Disappointing to see even the lack of posters in shops. I've tried keeping an eye out for any but only seen one in the O2 shop and one in the large notice board outside b&m. If you weren't looking for them you'd never see them.

To many Saturdays without Speedway IMO.People will soon get out of the habit.I realise there were circumstances for these vacant Sat nights but it has to to sorted out if the sport continues in Berwick.
  • Like 2

To many Saturdays without Speedway IMO.People will soon get out of the habit.I realise there were circumstances for these vacant Sat nights but it has to to sorted out if the sport continues in Berwick.

Agree with this, Berwick had a few weeks off in June to, which as Fromafar points out means the people get out of the habit or find other things to do. But its not just Berwick, most teams in PL or EL will have had empty weeks this season which IMO needs to be looked at for next season, hopefully with the inclusion of Berwick.

As for the posters, I think there is one on the notice board in Tesco and another on the notice board in Castle Gate with another in Taffy`s I think, but your right its disappointing that during the summer months more isn't being made to get the extra people in the town along to the speedway on a Saturday night though to be fair if there`s no meetings on its difficult to promote them.

• Like 1

The PL fixture list was too thin, yet this was a direct result of a torrent of abuse from people who didn't like the extra fixtures which were inserted to beef up last season's schedule.

This summer there have been considerably less rain-offs, despite it being pretty cold and wet, so clubs have found big gaps appearing.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.......

Save them having to water it tonight forecast looks fine for tomorrow

come onbig john and the ladsand lets try and make the play offs and save this club

Must find out who is Colins supplier, they seem good

Its certainly 24hr a day stuff.wonder who does the typing for him.

Its certainly 24hr a day stuff.wonder who does the typing for him.

may be dyson 24 lol lol

Good grief, this rain keeping everyone in doors has a lot to answer for. :blink: