British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

Selfishly, its a real shame that we don't get to see Simon Stead, love watching him around Shielfield. Regardless, Sheffield still have a team of intriguing riders that hopefully make it an exciting meeting. Hope its a good un.

• Like 1

Selfishly, its a real shame that we don't get to see Simon Stead, love watching him around Shielfield. Regardless, Sheffield still have a team of intriguing riders that hopefully make it an exciting meeting. Hope its a good un.

Your right, Stead has always been spectacular to watch round Berwick, though his replacement Mr Cook, who IMO is currently the best rider in the PL, ain`t to shabby either.

It should be a good close meeting. If the Tigers reserves go well it could be a Sheffield win. Hope all the riders stay safe. I hear Ricky Ashworth could be attending. Now he could ride around Shieldfield park with plenty of style.

• Like 1

Doesn't matter if it's Stead or Cook I fear the outcome will be the same, barring a lightning gate from Jorgo or an engine failure. On the subject of the empty Saturday nights I know some of them were explainable, the music concert in June, the British GP, the away meeting at Plymouth and the re-arranged Peterborough meeting for Sky, but maybe food for thought for (hopefully) next season, perhaps start a week or two later, avoiding the colder March nights (not that it bothers me, but attendances on those nights seem to be down) and ensure more racing during the summer months?

• Like 2

Truly rotten day weather wise in Berwick today with constant rain since last night, thankfully the forecast is much better for tomorrow.

This rain will die out over night leaving Saturday a bright day with some sunshine at times.

Not a lot of forum interest in this meeting hope that doesn't indicate that the fans have given up and the white flag has been raised.

no way we will no giv up ill be ther in the stand cheering on big john happy and the lads to win give is a B

Edited by Dyson24
  • Like 1

Not a lot of forum interest in this meeting hope that doesn't indicate that the fans have given up and the white flag has been raised.

Your not allowed an opinion on Berwick unless it's positive.that could be the reason for little interest.
  • Like 3

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Edit - Now sorted

Edited by crazysue

Your not allowed an opinion on Berwick unless it's positive.that could be the reason for little interest.

Nonsense, this forum and in-particular Berwick`s threads should be a smorgasbord of opinions, good and bad, those that find that hard to digest maybe shouldn't come on here. :D

• Like 1

Typical Bandit luck this season, gate on a 5-1 in heat 15, TJ drops a chain and is excluded from re-run,curfew

kicks in and Tigers win by one point.

• Like 2

Really bad luck in heat 15, we gated on the 5-1 and would have been good for the win.

We were always up against it after the most atrocious move by Bates, who tried to put Liam out the stadium, never mind through the fence.

He should have been put out of the meeting for that.

Hope all the riders that took bumps make speedy recoveries, and I did enjoy seeing Cook spit the dummy out when Doolan completely out- rode and outwitted him.

• Like 4