British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Kings Lynn V Leicester Thurs 13 Aug

Well as per usual, I shall be there come, rain blow or shine. Like I say lady Luck has all but deserted us. Its little wonder all these accidents, considering the Riders busy race schedule.

Its all very well punters saying who we should or shouldn't get to guest, but usually there's little choice. Such is the state of the sport and the amount of fixtures, we have to have who we can get....... How they perform then is a lottery.....

I still honestly believe, had our original team stayed fit and strong, even including the improving Morris, we were more than capable of winning this year. But we well never know...

Obviously want the team to win tonight, but not expecting any great developments.. This is the easiest of our remaining fixture we have left, so if we can't do this, god help us when we play the others..... :party:

don't go tonight as the meeting is tomorrow-

Some have said they are not going to this meeting well it's vital meeting we need 3 points guess some fans have given up I for one still want the Stars to make the play offs even if we go no further than the semi - some sad people just giving up

• Like 1

Don't think it's giving up more disillusionment with all the guests and the general state of how British Speedway is run.

• Like 2

Guests are part and parcel of speedway at all levels so unless each team has a squad of say 10 riders guests will always happen

Probably still some good speedway to watch, crazy not to go ...... surely we go to speedway to enjoy the racing and to support the club, when the chips are down the club needs more support not folk to stay away ...... thought it was only individuals we go to to support certain riders not team meetings?

• Like 1

Guests are part and parcel of speedway at all levels so unless each team has a squad of say 10 riders guests will always happen

Doesn't mean people have to like it tho :P

I'd suggest 6 guests and r/r out of 14 riders pushing it a bit and indicative of the way the sport is run. Can't remember seeing that many guests in Sweden or Poland but then they do give their youngsters much more encouragement and opportunities :wink:

Its not about giving up on ones team, more giving up on the Sport that your team competes in. The whole thing is really now one big joke.

• Like 3

Spotted Norrie on TV at the Somerset meeting last night - no doubt sussing out his guest options for the coming fortnight!?

Edited by Skidder1

Doesn't mean people have to like it tho :P

I'd suggest 6 guests and r/r out of 14 riders pushing it a bit and indicative of the way the sport is run. Can't remember seeing that many guests in Sweden or Poland but then they do give their youngsters much more encouragement and opportunities :wink:

I don't like it either but what's the alternative? These meetings have to be run by a up coming cut off date which I guess will be earlier than past season because of certain riders will be flying to Melbourne for the SGP .

I don't like it either but what's the alternative? These meetings have to be run by a up coming cut off date which I guess will be earlier than past season because of certain riders will be flying to Melbourne for the SGP .

7th September is the date mentioned but not sure if it's confirmed anywhere. Doesn't give much time for restaging meetings if rained off now

7th September is the date mentioned but not sure if it's confirmed anywhere. Doesn't give much time for restaging meetings if rained off now

Sky have already released the Play-Off semi's fixtures as the 14th & 21st September so the 7th seems about right.

• Like 1

We all know Poland, Sweden and Denmark Don't run with the same pressures our league does! Only when we run the same with our councils buying tracks, oodles of local sponsors pumping thousands of pounds into the clubs and one day a week racing can we compare.

So in other words Trees, we will never be able to compare. Then again look how many Clubs go ** up In Poland, seemingly every year.

Will give this one a miss. Thunderstorms on the way-wouldn't take much to shift them towards East Anglia. Not risking my money for another Leicester visit.

Well you see I'm beginning to think like Trees. Why should the whole of British sport be governed because a few riders want to go to Oz. If that's what they want to do fine but for every one of them there are 10-20 other riders who will not be able to pursue their sport in October or most Fridays and Saturdays.

• Like 1

I still say that the bikes now are far to powerful and unmanagable. When we get accidents, really bad ones, the riders don't walk away from them, this year has been plagued with rider injuries again. We only have to look at the amount of guest riders being used and the Lions have had a really bad year with riders being injured and missing out weeks at a time. How long will they sit back and take note the amount of accidents, if this was your workplace the HSA would have been asking the management a lot of questions.

But nothing ever seems to get do in the world of speedway, I have not looked at the other clubs but in both the EL an PL just how many riders are now out due to injury, it must amount to quite a few now, there are only so many guest out there that the clubs can use. Some just don't want to ride as a guest. So at times they are really dragging the barrel, with who to use, most of the time the EL clubs are fielding nothing better than a gloryfied PL team.

So you can see why fans start to get dis-heartened at times like these.

Just hope the Lions can come good and the latter part of this season, but with the guest they are using I very much doubt that it will be a better finish than last year, hope I am wrong.