British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grachan

Swindon V Coventry - 13-08-2015

Hans is unfortunately like that at the moment, could score 12 or could score 2. You never know till he turns up.

As stated though the weather is heavy rain all day so will not be on.

Whilst I agree your team looks stronger now, on our last visit your guest no 1 & Howarth scored 18 points between them so whilst Ward is capable of scoring really well, I'm not convinced by your other new signing.

But Troy only scored 3 which he should easily increase as he is over his problems. I agree about our number 2 who still needs to get scoring.

• Like 1

I think you will find that we were a lot weaker then however, from the weather reports so far, it seems much more likely that the weather will win & there will be no racing at all.

Weaker? North and Howarth scored 18 and Howarth was on heat 15. Can you see Ward and Eduard doing much if any better? While I expect Kylmakorpi and Batch will cancel each other out with any improvement. Hans only scored 7 last time and can potentially add 4 or 5 to that. While I do expect King to score a couple less.

I don't see why Coventry can't run you close again tbh. In fact I think we can win if Sarj is back in it - and he's had a couple of better PL meetings recently.

It's damn annoying we have Sunmers who will score 4ish when r/r could have scored 7 or 8.

Edited by SCB

Weaker? North and Howarth scored 18 and Howarth was on heat 15. Can you see Ward and Eduard doing much if any better? While I expect Kylmakorpi and Batch will cancel each other out with any improvement. Hans only scored 7 last time and can potentially add 4 or 5 to that. While I do expect King to score a couple less.

I don't see why Coventry can't run you close again tbh. In fact I think we can win if Sarj is back in it - and he's had a couple of better PL meetings recently.

It's damn annoying we have Sunmers who will score 4ish when r/r could have scored 7 or 8.

I cant believe they havent gone R/R.

• Like 1

Can see it being very close with Hans cleaning up as a 2nd string.

Will take any home win to be honest.

I cant believe they havent gone R/R.

Cheaper that's all that matters with Horton

• Like 2

This is unreal. The forecast has changed from the apocalypse to just good old fashioned rain, why the hell would they not want to make a call at midday or later, considering its now meant to be easing off from the afternoon? Speedway baffles me, it really does

This is unreal. The forecast has changed from the apocalypse to just good old fashioned rain, why the hell would they not want to make a call at midday or later, considering its now meant to be easing off from the afternoon? Speedway baffles me, it really does

Don't know where you are looking, but the Met Office shows it as raining all day non stop right through to midnight.

• Like 1

Despite this meeting needing to be run before the playoff deadline when you look at the expected heavy rain between 2 and 5 this is probably a sensible early decision.

Just need the new date asap.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

This is a difficult call. Locals will always prefer a later decision but people travelling any distance would rather avoid a wasted journey. We were due to travel over from Kent for the day but I decided to go into work instead, once I saw the weather!

• Like 1

Its always easy to be critical in these situations and I am in favour of early call offs but this one seems a little premature.

Met office might be predicting rain but last night they were also predicting a deluge and that just hasnt happened. What's worse XC weather and metcheck are not predicting the same amount of rain.

Would it have been so damaging to wait until lunch time when the morning rain could have been assessed and updated predictions viewed ?

• Like 1