British Speedway Forum
bolly

Leigh Lanham ?

As far as I am concerned now is the time to draw a line under the Leigh Lanham Saga, no matter what we say or do it won't change the situation. It is a crying shame what has happened to him and today is his birthday, nice present Rebels promotion !!!

Leigh Lanham Line drawn !!! Keep smiling Leigh :lol:

--------------------------

• Like 1

As far as I am concerned now is the time to draw a line under the Leigh Lanham Saga, no matter what we say or do it won't change the situation. It is a crying shame what has happened to him and today is his birthday, nice present Rebels promotion !!!

Leigh Lanham Line drawn !!! Keep smiling Leigh :lol:

--------------------------

Oh Gawd.

I wish Leigh all the best in whatever the future may hold for him, BUT! He would not let Brady Kurtz past to chase Cookie and Sedgeman in heat one of the Edinburgh match. That to me spelt the beginning of the end for the Rebels that night and maybe had something to do with Garry's difficult ,but correct decision.

• Like 1

I wish Leigh all the best in whatever the future may hold for him, BUT! He would not let Brady Kurtz past to chase Cookie and Sedgeman in heat one of the Edinburgh match. That to me spelt the beginning of the end for the Rebels that night and maybe had something to do with Garry's difficult ,but correct decision.

Brady Kurtz has had a good season, but he looked off the pace against Edinburgh all night. You can hardly blame Leigh Lanham for not gifting him a point that his performance in that heat didn't warrant.

• Like 3

What a joke, so the future World Champ was in last place, and Lanham was expected to give him £70 approx and let him past.

• Like 4

What a joke, so the future World Champ was in last place, and Lanham was expected to give him £70 approx and let him past.

Surely - if he was that good - he could have passed him whenever he wanted.

It appears not.

• Like 2

only seen brady ride live with my own eyes once yes hes a decent rider but like many others looks special if he makes (or jumps) the start but if he dosnt make the gate dosnt look anything like as good

as for lanham in the 1 meeting ive seen him ride in recent weeks he looks like he can still do a job for someone maybe not be in double figures everyweek but theres plenty like that who are in demand

only seen brady ride live with my own eyes once yes hes a decent rider but like many others looks special if he makes (or jumps) the start but if he dosnt make the gate dosnt look anything like as good

as for lanham in the 1 meeting ive seen him ride in recent weeks he looks like he can still do a job for someone maybe not be in double figures everyweek but theres plenty like that who are in demand

Don`t agree with this at all, but sort of says it all with the "only seen Brady ride live once" reference. If you get an opportunity watch heat 13 Rebels v Rye absolute classic where all four riders are unbelievable. I think apart from Edinburgh and Newcastle every other Prem team would love to have Brady as their No 1. It`s quite amazing how much stick this 18 year old takes on here sometimes.

Leigh has done a great job coming in at the last minute for the Rebels and good luck to him in the future.

• Like 2

Don`t agree with this at all, but sort of says it all with the "only seen Brady ride live once" reference. If you get an opportunity watch heat 13 Rebels v Rye absolute classic where all four riders are unbelievable. I think apart from Edinburgh and Newcastle every other Prem team would love to have Brady as their No 1. It`s quite amazing how much stick this 18 year old takes on here sometimes.

Leigh has done a great job coming in at the last minute for the Rebels and good luck to him in the future.

many times you seen him Cliffy??

Brady IMO is ONE of the best young riders i have EVER seen

It seems an amazing coincidence to me that Leigh had that ride aginst Edinburgh and got sacked 4 days later. Perhaps we should ask Garry. I personally think there is no "I" in team and he should have taken the long view. Nothing against the guy but team riding in 3rd and 4th is not going to win matches.

many times you seen him Cliffy??

Live about 10 and on tv 3, I think certainly more than once, and on the Somerset boxed sets loads.

How about yourself ?

Re run do a great DVD of all The Rebels matches.

Edited by Cliffeboy

While I agree it is sad to see a rider like Lanham out of a job, Somerset aren't beholding to him, especially when he isn't their asset. OK neither is Jensen but if the new rider chips in a few extra points that could make all the difference.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lanham fixed up soon.