British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Edinburgh Pl 20th August 2015

Ok like I said was going by updates.

My bad.

Maybe it was an Edinburgh updater.Bates steams Branford b3 l2 and shoves him out to the fence. [/size]

inburgh updater.

Junior

As an Edinburgh fan at the match I never thought for a second that Bates did anything wrong. I didnt hear anyone else say he did either. Rob was just too slow on his second bike and didn't fight hard enough for position.

• Like 1

I was in the referee's box. There was clear space between the riders when Bates passed Branford. Branford lost control all on his own.

What behind the ref! If you're the electrician responsible for setting up the new floodlights - as my previous post, you need to get your eyes tested. :)

Great meeting last night, not an all out action meeting but a good win for Sheffield none the less. Like a few other posters, I was quiet surprised how well Sheffield did, especially after hearing Garrity was out injuried too. But credit to the lads, everyone gave it there all and some solid scores all over the board bar Paco. Kurtz was outstanding again, made Cook look ordinary apart from his one race win against Brady. Good to see Klindt with a big score, hopefully can kick him on.

Anyone notice Bates give Bellego some grieve after a race though when he seem to cut him up about going over the line on Lap 2? Not quiet needed to a team mate, a quiet word in the pits would of been better than the w**ker sign.

Good crowd once again, a good atmosphere, and another good night down at Owlerton!

Told you before John, dont bother with updates, Spinny is the most biased bloke i know, lol.

Chopper

I have had the odd differences with spinny Politically, but your comment is just not correct. In terms of speedway he is biased toward Sheffield, but no more than we all are to our own teams.

• Like 1

I have had the odd differences with spinny Politically, but your comment is just not correct. In terms of speedway he is biased toward Sheffield, but no more than we all are to our own teams.

It was a wind up hence the lol at end.

Chopper

• Like 3

Don't know where you or EIS002 were in the stadium, but where I was I had a clear view of the pass by Bates on Branford. Yes he did leave a gap on the inside, but no where near enough for a fair pass, it was a 'Basher Bates' special, there was contact and Branford did really well to hold it and not go into the fence. Yes it was a racing incident, for which he could have been excluded if the ref had perceived it as unfair riding!

Having said that his later passes on Branford and Sedgmen were a pleasure to behold. If only he could put his brain in before and not after the start of the meeting!

As for the new flood lights hope they are still in the process of positioning them as the one just before the first bend should be on the 3rd/4th bends of the track and not in the eyes of the fans on the terraces!

Just interested where you were sat Steve, sorry stood.

Just interested where you were sat Steve, sorry stood.

Me too, he seems to be the only person in the stadium who thought there was anything wrong, he must have a unique view from somewhere

Steve is talking about Josh's pass in heat two and he did give Rob a hefty nudge out the way,Maybe only us up on the third/fourth bends saw it.

Steve is talking about Josh's pass in heat two and he did give Rob a hefty nudge out the way,Maybe only us up on the third/fourth bends saw it.

Thanks for clarification Andrew as the first point was about Branford hitting the air fence on turns 1 and 2.

Can't understand why he has a problem.

Thanks for that Andrew, thought for a while I was the only person in the stadium who saw that happen!

I was posting in response to post 40, that's why I commented on his later passes being 'a pleasure to behold'.

The problem with Bates is his inability to curb his youthful exuberance early on meetings, usually his first ride! How many times has he been involved in 'incidents' this year, he was responsible for Sissis going down and being excluded in heat 2 of the Scunthorpe meeting earlier this month. His impetuous behaviour has cost him this year and taken away from the improvement he's made since last season.

His little spat with Bellego after heat 11 was also an example of his on track immaturity. David is a heat leader whilst he is a reserve, did he really think he could catch and pass Cookie?

I think next season he ought to have a team place elsewhere, as riding where grand dad puts up the funds and uncle runs the show might have something to do with his current attitude.

There's no doubt he is a brave, and gifted rider, but unfortunately lets himself down occasionally by doing silly little things, that one day may come back to haunt him.

The first daft image that came in to my head after reading of Josh Bates' immature action, was of Nicki Pedersen phoning the Referee to complain that another rider had been a bit rough on him.

Thanks for that Andrew, thought for a while I was the only person in the stadium who saw that happen!

I was posting in response to post 40, that's why I commented on his later passes being 'a pleasure to behold'.

The problem with Bates is his inability to curb his youthful exuberance early on meetings, usually his first ride! How many times has he been involved in 'incidents' this year, he was responsible for Sissis going down and being excluded in heat 2 of the Scunthorpe meeting earlier this month. His impetuous behaviour has cost him this year and taken away from the improvement he's made since last season.

His little spat with Bellego after heat 11 was also an example of his on track immaturity. David is a heat leader whilst he is a reserve, did he really think he could catch and pass Cookie?

I think next season he ought to have a team place elsewhere, as riding where grand dad puts up the funds and uncle runs the show might have something to do with his current attitude.

There's no doubt he is a brave, and gifted rider, but unfortunately lets himself down occasionally by doing silly little things, that one day may come back to haunt him.

Excellent post Steve, yes I only saw the incedent in ht 2 and unaware of the ht 8 issue. I couldn't understand the comments that were being made but it now seems Josh made two passes on Robert Branford that were worthy of negative comment. I think that coupled with the outcry at Berwick a few days ago this more than coroborates your comments. I personally don't think Josh is being done any favours by this continual pretence that he is something that he is not. He has a lot to learn yet.

Edited by Japser