British Speedway Forum
Pogo1

Glasgow V Somerset Sunday 23rd August.

Good to see a bit of fisty cuffs at the speedway again , we've not had that since Grievesy retired , well done Richie Worrall :drink:

• Like 2

Good to see a bit of fisty cuffs at the speedway again , we've not had that since Grievesy retired , well done Richie Worrall :drink:

That was the unsavoury side ive read about but never seen until today. In ht 4 he turned left on Summers half way down the back straight as he was passing him causing his own fall but proceeded to want to fight Summers. Ht14 was clearly a revenge opportunity as he lurched from gate 1 right across to 4 to get Summers, had he collected him instead of Starke he would have launched him into the car park. Ive no desire to see Worrall R anytime soon.

Glasgow contributed to their own downfall, when the track slicked off Somerset banged in four 5-1s in 5 heats, after a track grade they stopped gating and Glasgow came back into it. Why there was no track grade for hts 14 & 15 is our own stupidity.

Starke was warned for jumping the start in ht2, when he did it again in ht14 he should have been excluded. He was the match winner for Somerset as he revelled in the slick conditions but toiled when it was deeper. As it was the Rebels were a 5 man team and Glasgow's fragilities were exposed with Morris again a poor shadow of the No1 we desperately need.

• Like 2

Great win for the boys, especially without Rasmus today. A great team effort but a special mention to Josh on his max today - great news as his had a horrible few weeks. Well done also to Mr Depenable Paul Starke - heat 14 was never in question today!

Hope everyone is fit and well from both teams.

• Like 1

Great win for the boys, especially without Rasmus today. A great team effort but a special mention to Josh on his max today - great news as his had a horrible few weeks. Well done also to Mr Depenable Paul Starke - heat 14 was never in question today!

Hope everyone is fit and well from both teams.

It was until Aaron ground to a halt on the last lap nearly half a lap ahead but he-ho sh*t happens.

• Like 1

Somerset deserved the win today, I was impressed with Paul Starke's improvement and Josh G was awesome, would have him back at Glasgow anytime. We were a 3 man team today can't wait until Kauko comes back 2 + 1 for R/R is not good enough

• Like 1

That was the unsavoury side ive read about but never seen until today. In ht 4 he turned left on Summers half way down the back straight as he was passing him causing his own fall but proceeded to want to fight Summers. Ht14 was clearly a revenge opportunity as he lurched from gate 1 right across to 4 to get Summers, had he collected him instead of Starke he would have launched him into the car park. Ive no desire to see Worrall R anytime soon.

Glasgow contributed to their own downfall, when the track slicked off Somerset banged in four 5-1s in 5 heats, after a track grade they stopped gating and Glasgow came back into it. Why there was no track grade for hts 14 & 15 is our own stupidity.

Starke was warned for jumping the start in ht2, when he did it again in ht14 he should have been excluded. He was the match winner for Somerset as he revelled in the slick conditions but toiled when it was deeper. As it was the Rebels were a 5 man team and Glasgow's fragilities were exposed with Morris again a poor shadow of the No1 we desperately need.

Sorry to cheese you off even more but he is guesting for Newcastle next weekend both legs.

Somerset deserved the win today, I was impressed with Paul Starke's improvement and Josh G was awesome, would have him back at Glasgow anytime. We were a 3 man team today can't wait until Kauko comes back 2 + 1 for R/R is not good enough

Yes Dorothy we were a 3 man team you wonder what goes through Nick's head at times he is unfortunately prone to the odd rush off blood as happened today which probably cost us any chance as he was clearly not fit after the Heat 6 Incident.

• Like 1

Sorry to cheese you off even more but he is guesting for Newcastle next weekend both legs.

Yes Dorothy we were a 3 man team you wonder what goes through Nick's head at times he is unfortunately prone to the odd rush off blood as happened today which probably cost us any chance as he was clearly not fit after the Heat 6 Incident.

Hope we make it through both legs with Summers fit, Worrall acted like an immature fud today.

Nick's lack of scoring cost us today, frustrating when you see his EL scores from through the week. Im starting to feel we are distinctly second class as far as he is concerned, he has lacked speed at home most of the season and there doesnt seem to be the desire to change it.

Somerset did today what Ipswich threatened to do and EDI did. We are not invincible and must look to get a point at Worky the following weekend.

• Like 3

Hope we make it through both legs with Summers fit, Worrall acted like an immature fud today.

Nick's lack of scoring cost us today, frustrating when you see his EL scores from through the week. Im starting to feel we are distinctly second class as far as he is concerned, he has lacked speed at home most of the season and there doesnt seem to be the desire to change it.

Somerset did today what Ipswich threatened to do and EDI did. We are not invincible and must look to get a point at Worky the following weekend.

Looking at the fixtures it is still in our hands Somerset have P'boro home & away whilst we have Rye at home & Worky away whilst P'boro have still to go to Ipswich.

Even winning against Rye House at home might be enough to finish second all depends what Somerset do at EOS but after today a win at home to Rye is certainly not guaranteed.

Richie Worrall was very lucky not to be thrown out the meeting after ht4, as for ht14 that was premeditated you knew what was coming there

I think Richie is only guesting in the Newcastle home leg next Sunday

It was great to finally have part of a weekend off work, and be able to pop through for my first neutral meeting at sunny Ashfield without my Bandits head on. That meeting had a bit of everything today!

Always a pleasure to catch up with my Tigers pals, and to meet up with Dietbowers again too! I won't be driving the next time i see you at a speedway meeting sir haha! :drink:

Here's hoping i have a team to support at Glasgow next year....

• Like 1

Richie Worrall was very lucky not to be thrown out the meeting after ht4, as for ht14 that was premeditated you knew what was coming there

Yep in his need to take Aaron out when he headed straight for him he also took his own team mate out as well I'm sure Paul Starke would have had a few choice words with him for that as for Aaron well I'm sure he half guessed Worrall would have had something planned was lucky to walk away from that.

If there had been a strong Ref there today 2 thing's would have happened

1. Worrall would have been fined for a stand up fight on the track with Aaron's mechanic along with the mechanic

2. He would have been banned after Ht 14 as he basically used his bike as a weapon to take Aaron out and with the red mist descending wiped Paul Starke out as well

I have no desire to see Worralll ever guest for the Tigers again as his actions today could have seriously injured someone.

• Like 2

Yep in his need to take Aaron out when he headed straight for him he also took his own team mate out as well I'm sure Paul Starke would have had a few choice words with him for that as for Aaron well I'm sure he half guessed Worrall would have had something planned was lucky to walk away from that.

If there had been a strong Ref there today 2 thing's would have happened

1. Worrall would have been fined for a stand up fight on the track with Aaron's mechanic along with the mechanic

2. He would have been banned after Ht 14 as he basically used his bike as a weapon to take Aaron out and with the red mist descending wiped Paul Starke out as well

I have no desire to see Worralll ever guest for the Tigers again as his actions today could have seriously injured someone.

A strong and consistent ref. Ht 2 Starke warned for jumping the start, does it again in ht14 and gets all 4 back. I harp on every week about the lack of consistency from referees, the standard of the current crop is poor, each one does their own thing, its never the same from one week to the next. The Grand Monarch im starting to realise is one of the better ones, he's very much no nonsense and thats what it needs. Sarjeants mid week exclusion off 15m at Kings Lynn highlights how bad it can be, and he had video replays!

• Like 3