British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Slovenian Gp Saturday 12th September 2015

Do remind me what make of engine Peter Johns tunes?

Niamh

More about who's engine and how it is prepared than the make I believe he tunes engines that are encased in a GM !

PROBABLY due to the fact that Tai and Greg actually use the throttle. You can see it even on the TV. The super-fast PJR engines suit them rather than those who screw it on from the start and leave it that way. Also the way they ride, traditional, conventional style, no hanging off the bike, legs trailing, etc, so when they hit a rough bit on the track they remain in control.

Andreas Jonsson has had FIVE different tuners (including one twice) this year, one GP rider has spent over 50,000 euros on engines alone. They seem to ignore the possibility that it might actually be the rider rather than his equipment.

Totally agree, i'm not taking anything away from just how good PJR engines are, but like i have said before, a lot of credit should all so go down to Jacko for dialing them in from the feedback that Tai gives him!

• Like 3

Does anyone question the power tai has in his engines compared to other riders ? A huge difference.

no they don't as he was quite easily beaten by Hancock twice and in the last gp as well. All you do is troll

Was Tai being naughtily rude in his interview just prior to the first race or, did it just by chance sound like a line from a Carry On film??

Is this a quiz? I can't remember what he said, was it about knockers?

Mauger always had better equipment than his rivals. Penhall Nielsen gundersen Lee always seemed to have bikes that were quicker than anyone else's.

To be world champ you've always needed a combination of ability, mental toughness and good equipment - not much has changed.

Spot on!

Folk once again moaning about things that haven't changed for years.

Mauger may of had good kit but he didnot end up half a lap ahead that is the engine not the rider skill IMO

He won by big margins many times.

As did Nielsen, as did Rickardsson. As did Ermolenko at his best and all other top riders over the years.

Totally agree, i'm not taking anything away from just how good PJR engines are, but like i have said before, a lot of credit should all so go down to Jacko for dialing them in from the feedback that Tai gives him!

Here lies the key!

Tai didn't look very quick in his first couple of rides, Kildemand looked by far the quickest.

Some tweeks to the setup were made to get it dialled in.

• Like 1

Spot on!

Folk once again moaning about things that haven't changed for years.

He won by big margins many times.

As did Nielsen, as did Rickardsson. As did Ermolenko at his best and all other top riders over the years.

Here lies the key!

Tai didn't look very quick in his first couple of rides, Kildemand looked by far the quickest.

Some tweeks to the setup were made to get it dialled in.

Yes, so over looked is TEAM Woffinden, the complete package in ALL departments

• Like 1

Mauger may of had good kit but he didnot end up half a lap ahead that is the engine not the rider skill IMO

So there are ONLY two riders in the world that can use a throttle never seen Peter Karlsson ride sorry Phil you way off the mark here .If given the chance to ride such super quick bikes the the rest of the riders may actually do the same and use throttle control but GM's have to be ridden to the stop ( so I am informed )andthey hang off trying to keep up with the rocket ships.

LAST time I looked Peter Karlsson wasn't in the GPs. Kaspzrak has PJR engines, Jonsson tried them. GMs come in kit form and are assembled by a number of different tuners who attempt to set them up in a way which suits the riders they are working for. Many of the basic GM components are in fact discarded in some cases. So you cannot say that all GMs have to be ridden to the stop or that they are the same.

Peter Johns has possibly the most sophisticated testing equipment and manages to produce exactly what Tai and Greg require. But that would not necessarily suit a Harris or Holder. Pedersen likes to have maximum revs.

Woffinden's riding ability was never better showcased on Saturday in my view. At some stages he was riding one handed while tearing off his goggle tear offs while entering the corners and passing people.

If you could stand on a corner at a GP practice and close your eyes and just listen within a few minutes you would be able to name which group of riders were on the track. The vast majority ride flat out, trying to get as many revs as possible, even from the start. Others, like Hancock and Woffinden, produce a totally different sound.

• Like 1

Yesterday just underlines the fact that Kildemand is a much better GP rider than Chris Harris.Nothing "so called" about it,sadly

• Like 1

Yesterday just underlines the fact that Kildemand is a much better GP rider than Chris Harris.Nothing "so called" about it,sadly

could think of more like most people, but harris has earned his spot, we just gotta put up with yet another seasons wasted spot

Monster sponsored rider with decent lead in world championship beaten by monster sponsored rider who needs points for second place. All in a series sponsored by monster. What a coincidence...

• Like 1

Monster sponsored rider with decent lead in world championship beaten by monster sponsored rider who needs points for second place. All in a series sponsored by monster. What a coincidence...

Are you seriously suggesting Tai let Greg win?.

You will be in a minority of one if you are.

• Like 2