British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Slovenian Gp Saturday 12th September 2015

Robert, get over yourself. Tai & indeed any other rider you care to name can race where they choose. Having watched the "Life of Tai" I can completely see why he reduced his schedule & I agree with Niamh regarding the EL schedule. The UK is not the centre of the universe for league speedway any more & we cannot expect riders to fit the UK in their schedule at our behest. As for not being picked by England for the World Cup - grow up. The likes of Mauger, Nielsen, Fundin, Rickardsson would have done the same.

As for his engines, if he has the talent & the machinery to make other world class riders look like they are on mopeds, good for him. The fact is, he is the best rider on the best machinery. Oddly, that is usually a recipe for success. Get off your "I hate Tai" hobby horse & just accept he is the best around & it is up to the others to match him.

It has always been that way in the past, why should it be any different now, on your say so?

You're just a troll & stirring up a hornets nest for the sake of it.

you are clearly clueless on why the sport is dying over.

The sport is dying due to crap venues, over-inflated admission prices and a near-total reliance on guests, d/up riders and r/r...not to mention a stale diet of speedway on most club's fixture list.

The sport is dying due to crap venues, over-inflated admission prices and a near-total reliance on guests, d/up riders and r/r...not to mention a stale diet of speedway on most club's fixture list.

You are right on a number of things but having tai in British speedway would be good for the sport here ?

You are right on a number of things but having tai in British speedway would be good for the sport here ?

Not greatly, why would Tai riding at one venue help the other venues that week?

First thing they need to do is cut back to 1H/1A like the other more successful leagues.

Niamh

First thing they need to do is cut back to 1H/1A like the other more successful leagues.

Niamh

spot on!

Absolutely and I wish he was riding here too. British speedway needs the top riders riding here...every week, every match as in days of old. But: I would never castigate any rider who genuinely believed it was in the best interest of his career to limit his league activity. You might say ok then, scrub Poland and ride England. Fair enough but the top guys ride in Poland, so how would riding against weaker opposition further his career?.

If we limited EL league meetings to once home/once away per season it may tempt Tai (and Greg) back, but what do tracks stage for the rest of the season?. Will fans stand for 7 league meetings plus a handful of cup and challenge meetings, and the odd individual trophy?.

Fans of my generation were weaned on a diet of 30 meetings a season, most but not all meaningful and today's fare is not enticing, particularly with the top men (Tai included) staying away.

Pearson was extra shouty around Greg and Tai during their races on Saturday night (compared to his more toned down version of recent GPs).

Perhaps he drank too much Monster.

Niamh

So that will suit the number 1s, but what happens to the other 6 members of the team? Especially the Brits! Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

So that will suit the number 1s, but what happens to the other 6 members of the team? Especially the Brits!

what brits? take away scotty and harris, they all got a premier league place!

• Like 2

what brits? take away scotty and harris, they all got a premier league place!

And that's where they'll stay if they only get half the experience and half the wages. I don't agree with limiting chances for young Brits for the convenience of foreigners who simply see Britain as another wage packet.

• Like 1

yes it wouldn't matter world champion or not.

it's time the BSPA grew some and stopped riders using our leagues when it's convenient for them as the sport is dying in this country.

Tai chose not to ride in Britain and if I was in charge he wouldn't ride for team GB until he did. It would be the same if bomber didn't ride in the UK then I wouldn't pick him.

Riders should Support British speedway or simple don't ride for Team Great Britain.

He did British speedway and his British fans no favours by not riding here, actually he has lost a lot of fans for doing just that, tai looks after himself and no care for British speedway survival.

Assuming your joking now? Have you not been watching speedway in the UK for the last 25 years? It has been spiralling downwards since before Tai was born & you think his not racing here this year is causing the death on the sport in the UK? And in a later post you call me clueless. I think you are posting on here deliberately to wind people up, because I know you can't be serious with the posts you are making. There is only one clueless person in this conversation Robert & if you need a "clue" to work out who it is, it isn't me,

• Like 1

And that's where they'll stay if they only get half the experience and half the wages. I don't agree with limiting chances for young Brits for the convenience of foreigners who simply see Britain as another wage packet.

The Brits have just as many chances as the foreigners, just they prefer to have everything put in their laps, the foreign riders will go to race in other countries as much as possible... not just talking about top guys here!

• Like 2

very few English riders could break into Sweden/Poland due to the standard, whereas loads of overseas riders can slot in here!

You forgot to mention a chaotic fixture list that sees too many tracks' seasons ending two months early.

• Like 1

Yes I did.