British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
allthegearbutnaeidea

Workington V Berwick

Alan no longer lives in Berwick, but I think the PA system belongs to speedway, so it is there the responsibility lies.

Think again, the speakers are football property. Speedway has an excellent amplifier, but has to feed into the stadium's speakers.

If a speaker goes out, speedway has to ask football to get it fixed. Not supposed to touch them.

I don't know why you bothered replying.

It was a Taffy post, so in all probability a pile of mince: which, of course, turned out to be the case.

• Like 1

But surely if Alan fitted them for the Speedway as he had nothing to do with the football then the Speedway would be able to fix them...

BiG Ed's post is probably a pile of mince!!!!!

My 6 year old loves ABBA and the Beatles, and some new stuff as well.

Uncle Monty told me you were a virgin Biged... Senile old bugger :)

• Like 1

Does music make that much difference ?

At Redcar on Friday they played Abba's greatest hits back to back before the meeting. Not bad, but I am 50 and they must all be at least 25 years old.

At Berwick on Saturday comments were made about the age of the music, too, and a highlight at Plymouth are the Wurzels.

I suppose it adds a bit of atmosphere but that's about it.

nowt rang wid wurzels

Dismal, there is some right stinkers from Workington mind, I don't know what Kev done to deserve all the booing and apparently 'all the Berwick fans were calling Wells a wan***' what a load of tosh

cant say i heard any thing like that too and i had berwick fans either side of me

i can remember going newcastle years ago and walking in with my at the time 2 young sons there was a group chanting stoney is a wa##er

• Like 1

nowt rang wid wurzels

cant say i heard any thing like that too and i had berwick fans either side of me

i can remember going newcastle years ago and walking in with my at the time 2 young sons there was a group chanting stoney is a wa##er

never heard chanting at Newcastle in my life... Was it not stoned and live in walker?? Lol.
  • Like 1

Re PA system the speakers on the bends belong to the speedway and these were fitted by mike hope when speedway came back to shielfield they were then upgraded by Alan in the pw era, the speakers in the stands are rangers ones the reason there are 2 amps is that the footballs is in the directors box and the speedway has to have thiets in the refs box. So Taffy is correct in part. As for interviews on the mic part of the problem is a lot of people don't know how to use a mic,you can nearly always here Steve and dick. I was standing right under a speaker when Ben was interviewed and could hardly hear him so not the pa's fault. Also the amount of speakers are limited by the output of your amp and I would think that this is running very close to its capacity

Edited by samsplint

Re PA system the speakers on the bends belong to the speedway and these were fitted by mike hope when speedway came back to shielfield they were then upgraded by Alan in the pw era, the speakers in the stands are rangers ones the reason there are 2 amps is that the footballs is in the directors box and the speedway has to have thiets in the refs box. So Taffy is correct in part. As for interviews on the mic part of the problem is a lot of people don't know how to use a mic,you can nearly always here Steve and dick. I was standing right under a speaker when Ben was interviewed and could hardly hear him so not the pa's fault. Also the amount of speakers are limited by the output of your amp and I would think that this is running very close to its capacity

Thank you for that, so wasn't mince after all. :nono:

• Like 1

No it's just some folk think they know everything but just sometimes they dont

One or two see the poster before the post.

• Like 1

why are you all talking about pa at berwick when this is the WORKINGTON v berwick thread and coments were made about the pa at workington

i know you like to make any berwick thread as long as possible but can you not post on your own home match pages where they would be more suited

Edited by scarra
  • Like 1