British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Leicester V Poole, Mon 31st Aug 2015 (lions Last Home Meeting Of The Season) In August! Whats Happened?

Steve The Lion- If tomorrow does unfortunately get called off due to the weather I am not sure if next Saturday will be an option as its the GP challenge and also the start of the Polish play offs on Sunday so Torun will require Jason Doyle,Chris Holder and Kasper Gomolski to be in Poland on Saturday to prepare and practice as well I'm sure Wroclaw will not want Magic Janowski at Leicester as well. Also Wozniak is likely to be required at Bydgoszcz as well

Edited by flagrag

The Lions have a reserved day on the 12th of September, so I think it would be run then, that is if it doesn't clash with anything the Pirates are doing on that date.

Slovenian GP I believe.

What's the prospects then this morning from you locals and weather experts?

Does look like it's improving but as usual each forecast is slightly different in timing.

Really don't want a pointless journey, but who can really predict British weather.

Edited by Pirate Baz

Well it's raining south of Leicester at the moment

Was planning to visit you today (after Peterboro'), but I decided to get my Bank Holiday speedway from the updates site and went to Belle Vue yesterday.

What's the prospects then this morning from you locals and weather experts?

Does look like it's improving but as usual each forecast is slightly different in timing.

Really don't want a pointless journey, but who can really predict British weather.

I'm a few miles away and it's been raining heavy for ages

It's due to stop after lunch but maybe showers later

I'd be surprised if the meeting is on but knowing that the track drains really well but can't see it somehow

Enjoy your day in Poole and keep clear of the bank holiday traffic

Shirl

I'm a few miles away and it's been raining heavy for ages

It's due to stop after lunch but maybe showers later

I'd be surprised if the meeting is on but knowing that the track drains really well but can't see it somehow

Enjoy your day in Poole and keep clear of the bank holiday traffic

Shirl

Thanks Shirl. Good advice.

Decided to give it a miss. Drive looks like it would be grim with all that rain moving across with us.

It is looking slightly better, as things are slowly starting to change, it is still hard to say what way this will develope though. The pressure is rising and then falling again, so no real change for the time being.

It has rained constantly since 3.00am, nothing very heavy but we have had around 6mm so far today. My weather stations forcast strip says that it should brighten up later. But if they have had this contant rain on the track and there is no sunshine to dry things out.

Then I can well see there being a rain off. That said though, it has rained hard here in South Derbyshire and there has ben only light showers at BP, so can live in hope. Can any tell me what the weather is doing in that area.

1 mile away from stadium... it's chucking it down

• Like 1

I have just spoke to one of the guys I stand with at Leicester who lives 2 miles from the track he said it rained for most of Sunday and most of the night but the heavy rain started about 9:00am really not sure which way this will go.

Usually Leicester holds the water well but the track didn't seem to drain very well last week after the heavy rain on Friday which left bend3 very sticky

Steve The Lion- If tomorrow does unfortunately get called off due to the weather I am not sure if next Saturday will be an option as its the GP challenge and also the start of the Polish play offs on Sunday so Torun will require Jason Doyle,Chris Holder and Kasper Gomolski to be in Poland on Saturday to prepare and practice as well I'm sure Wroclaw will not want Magic Janowski at Leicester as well. Also Wozniak is likely to be required at Bydgoszcz as well

I didn't know it was the GP challenge next saturday & hadn't took into account the Polish fixtures on Sunday, just going by the fact Sat 5th Sept. was down as reserved in the Lions programme. As you say that looks unlikely now, especially, given the fact that Peterborough have called off today's meeting with Somerset & have re-arranged for Saturday which also rules out Starke from Poole's team.

It is looking slightly better, as things are slowly starting to change, it is still hard to say what way this will develope though. The pressure is rising and then falling again, so no real change for the time being.

It has rained constantly since 3.00am, nothing very heavy but we have had around 6mm so far today. My weather stations forcast strip says that it should brighten up later. But if they have had this contant rain on the track and there is no sunshine to dry things out.

Then I can well see there being a rain off. That said though, it has rained hard here in South Derbyshire and there has ben only light showers at BP, so can live in hope. Can any tell me what the weather is doing in that area.

Rain didn't start until 4.15am in Leicester, will stop at 1pm....

I didn't know it was the GP challenge next saturday & hadn't took into account the Polish fixtures on Sunday, just going by the fact Sat 5th Sept. was down as reserved in the Lions programme. As you say that looks unlikely now, especially, given the fact that Peterborough have called off today's meeting with Somerset & have re-arranged for Saturday which also rules out Starke from Poole's team.

Peterborough have no drains whatsoever, and not due to stop there until 3.30pm

Just started again after a bit of a break. Cold air as well, so not good for any drying-out even when the rain does stop. I imagine the Poles would really like to just get this over and get out of the UK tomorrow morning (and not come back!).

According to Leicester's Twitter account they're expecting weather to dry up from 12pm and it's going ahead.

After watching the GP, as well as Holder understandably focused on other things, I'm not convinced Magic is riding fit. He scored a lot lower than expected, and when the cameras showed him after winning a heat, he was holding an icepack on his neck and grimacing. (until he noticed the camera and hid it)

The rain stopped here about an hour ago still dull overcast, but starting to look a little bit brighter. It is quite warm but very humid. How are things at BP now.