British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 02/09/15

The score didn't reflect how good the racing was tonight. Most of the points weren't scored at the gate. Kacper was as good as I've ever seen him. Some of the most exciting first bends of Speedway I've seen this year! Holder firmly had the bit between his teeth tonight too. I still don't know how he manages to focus at the moment, but his speed tonight was incredible.

Obviously anything can happen in the playoffs, but I'm really proud of our 1 - 7 tonight.

• Like 1

Proud is certainly the right word. It's been a difficult week as a Poole fan and it was a rousing performance.

Up the Pirates! Let's do this for Darcy.

Although i had misgivings about one or two of the team going in to the play offs Kacper was not one of them and wow didnt he prove any doubters wrong tonight some even said he would fade late in the season how wrong they were, a huge cog in a well oiled machine.

I think Poole are definitely favourites for the title. Strong at home anyway but it sounds like what has happened to Ward has really spurred them on to win it for him.

• Like 1

Although i had misgivings about one or two of the team going in to the play offs Kacper was not one of them and wow didnt he prove any doubters wrong tonight some even said he would fade late in the season how wrong they were, a huge cog in a well oiled machine.

It wasn't the doubters that were wrong, just his ridiculous low average, as has been proved the case.

I see, as predicted, the Stars put on a wonderful show last night. :oops:

I see, as predicted, the Stars put on a wonderful show last night. :oops:

To be fair, they fought harder than the scoreline suggests we just rode like we had something to prove last night.

To be fair, they fought harder than the scoreline suggests we just rode like we had something to prove last night.

Thanks for trying to make us depressed Stars fans feel better....it's not working :cry:

Well that was the close meeting that I predicted!!!! Ha ha, what do I know?!

When I arrived at the stadium and started chatting to many of the regular Poole fans, the atmosphere was very strange and downbeat - and many were of a similar opinion that our boys might not be up for it?!

But seeing all the team coming across the centregreen from the changing rooms all in a group with Middlo, we suddenly started to sense a different outcome. The 5-1 from Chris and Davey in heat 1 settled everyone's nerves (including theirs I suspect) - although that was helped by Davey falling over his bike at the startline during the introductions to great applause and much laughter!!!

The rider interviews at the end were understandably short but nevertheless there were good words for Darcy particularly from Magic, Davey and Kyle. (Chris had specifically and very understandably asked not to be questioned about Darcy).

Just a couple of final words about a truly great team performance - Kacper rode 'out of his skin' - the best I've ever seen and deservedly got the Rider of the Night Award.

And Dak - apologising for and explaining his poor scores were as much to do with riding borrowed equipment as much of his stuff had not been returned on time from whoever does his servicing/tuning!!! Having said that , his giving way to NKI in heat 10 and then retaking him on the line was great stuff!

Lets hope we get something out of Leicester this evening!!

Edited by Skidder1

When I arrived at the stadium and started chatting to many of the regular Poole fans, the atmosphere was very strange and downbeat - and many were of a similar opinion that our boys might not be up for it?!

But seeing all the team coming across the centregreen from the changing rooms all in a group with Middlo, we suddenly started to sense a different outcome. The 5-1 from Chris and Davey in heat 1 settled everyone's nerves (including theirs I suspect) - although that was helped by Davey falling over his bike at the startline during the introductions to great applause and much laughter!!!

Delighted for all of you down there that the team pulled together after the last week or so. Shows the strength of the Poole team on and off track to be honest.

• Like 4

Wow they was a great bit of average reducing for next season from the Lynn riders.This has not been seen in the world of speedway since the saga of Troy Batchelor :P

Seriously looked to be a great night for Poole,and probably spurred on from the injury stricken Darcy Ward(best wishes to him).

From a Lynn point of view just going by their scores only Lambert and Lawson can come away with any credit.Can't believe Iversen only beating North from the opposition in 1 race,incidentally the same as Bjerre :shock: .

Well the season is hanging by a thread now and will probably be cut on Monday when Belle Vue go to Wolves.Its a shame that injuries have certainly played a part in King's Lynn's demise this season but that's speedway i suppose.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

Well the season is hanging by a thread now and will probably be cut on Monday when Belle Vue go to Wolves.Its a shame that injuries have certainly played a part in King's Lynn's demise this season but that's speedway i suppose.

IMO that thread was initially damaged when Rory was injured and not properly replaced :/........We struggled along for a while but Robert's ongoing injuries/absence and Lewi's injury finally did for us :sad::mad:

We had a few decent guests along the way but its obviously not the same as having a full team :/ Maybe the gods/demons will give us a break next year? Its about time.....

• Like 1

The rider interviews at the end were understandably short but nevertheless there were good words for Darcy particularly from Magic, Davey and Kyle. (Chris had specifically and very understandably asked not to be questioned about Darcy).

Just a couple of final words about a truly great team performance - Kacper rode 'out of his skin' - the best I've ever seen and deservedly got the Rider of the Night Award.

And Dak - apologising for and explaining his poor scores were as much to do with riding borrowed equipment as much of his stuff had not been returned on time from whoever does his servicing/tuning!!! Having said that , his giving way to NKI in heat 10 and then retaking him on the line was great stuff!

Lets hope we get something out of Leicester this evening!!

Don't want to nit pick, but it was Chris Holders bike Davey fell over (knocked the bike over as well :lol: )

LUCK is something some may get, but you cant go blaming it for all our problems. If we wait for LUCK to shine on us, we may have to wait another 50 years.

Teams make their own LUCK. We need to start and be pro-active and go forward with new ideas, it's obviously the old ones aren't working.

All teams suffer problems. The difference is how the teams cope with them. Some go out and make changes to rectify the problem, other wallow in self pity and blame the Bad Luck. That's the difference between winning teams and also rans.......

• Like 3

LUCK is something some may get, but you cant go blaming it for all our problems. If we wait for LUCK to shine on us, we may have to wait another 50 years.

Teams make their own LUCK. We need to start and be pro-active and go forward with new ideas, it's obviously the old ones aren't working.

All teams suffer problems. The difference is how the teams cope with them. Some go out and make changes to rectify the problem, other wallow in self pity and blame the Bad Luck. That's the difference between winning teams and also rans.......

I have often wondered how you make your own luck.If you can oblige and tell me I will do the euromillions on Tuesday ;).You can't make luck it just happens.

Edited by tellboy