British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Rye House: Saturday 5th September

So, is this to be the final match for the Bandits at Berwick after 48 seasons?

Hoping not, and would urge anyone and everyone to now work together to save the speedway club.

From e-Newsletter:

THOMAS RETURNS: He's coming back earlier than medical advice suggested, but TJ is anxious to prove his damaged shoulder ligaments are sufficiently healed enough to let the young Dane wear our No 1 race-jacket again, and as a result he will resume his role at Plymouth on Friday night.

"I've been out on my mountain-bike, and my shoulder seems strong enough" he reported. "I'm looking forward to racing again this weekend, especially at Berwick on Saturday, as I want to say thanks to so many nice people before going home for the winter!"

Thomas will then be heading for Sheffield's Owlerton Stadium on Sunday, where he will be our representative in the annual PLRC meeting. Go for it, TJ!

ANDERS WITH A POINT TO PROVE: Our next, and final home Premier League match will be against Rye House Rockets this coming Saturday night. Rye House -- the team who sacked Anders Mellgren by e-mail last week to allow their occasional use of the services of Robert Lambert.

We obviously hope to gain some retribution on the Rockets to avenge their defeating us in the KO Cup -- and be assured that Anders will be intending to wreak a bit of revenge of his own, to show the Rye House management just how wrong they were in dumping him!

Bandits on Saturday: 1. Thomas Jorgensen, 2. Claus Vissing (r/r), 3. Theo Pijper (guest), 4. Anders Mellgren, 5. Kevin Doolan (captain), 6. Coty Garcia, 7. Richard Hall.

ANDERS WITH A POINT TO PROVE: Our next, and final home Premier League match will be against Rye House Rockets this coming Saturday night. Rye House -- the team who sacked Anders Mellgren by e-mail last week to allow their occasional use of the services of Robert Lambert.

We obviously hope to gain some retribution on the Rockets to avenge their defeating us in the KO Cup -- and be assured that Anders will be intending to wreak a bit of revenge of his own, to show the Rye House management just how wrong they were in dumping him!

Shots fired.

• Like 1

Will Chris and Sarah be fighting in the stand, and who will little len be backing, Will the Ellis's be back after their noticable absence. Ladbrokes taking bets now :drink::drink::drink::cheers::cheers:

• Like 1

Will Chris and Sarah be fighting in the stand, and who will little len be backing, Will the Ellis's be back after their noticable absence. Ladbrokes taking bets now :drink::drink::drink::cheers::cheers:

According to their photograph in the latest newsletter, Chris and Sarah have a new best friend

• Like 1

Will Chris and Sarah be fighting in the stand, and who will little len be backing

No, I ain't going

Edited by Shads

No, he's got a prior German commitment which means an NL guest.

Rye`s chances of winning were always a long shot, no Lambert and an NL at No1 makes it impossible, in fact it makes the meeting not very attractive.

You coming up for The Chequered Flag, supporters club end of season bash then.

Of course. Booked my train ticket 2 weeks ago

Was looking forward to seeing Lambert at Berwick again but hearing he is being replaced by a NL guest deflates the whole meeting.Looking like a big win on the cards for Berwick.

Is Lambert turning up this week-end?

Nein ....

Nein ....

Probably about the amount of points that Rye would've seen from Lambert, but now probably wont from their NL guest.

• Like 1

Best we could do is Liam Carr

Best we could do is Liam Carr

Unlikely as you`d think Liam will be part of the Buxton team for the NL Pairs meeting at Kings Lynn.