British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cyclone

Edinburgh Vs Newcastle Plkoc, Semi, 1st Leg, 4/9/2015

Teams as per Official Edinburgh website:-

EDINBURGH BORDER ROOFING MONARCHS: Craig Cook (capt.), Justin Sedgmen, Kevin Wolbert, Erik Riss, Sam Masters, Max Clegg, Rob Branford.

NEWCASTLE SAPPHIRE ENGINEERING DIAMONDS: Stevie Worrall, rider replacement for Christian Henry, TBA (Guest), Anton Rosen, Ludvig Lindgren (capt.), Simon Nielsen, Matthew Wethers (Guest).

Following on from their comprehensive quarter final victory over Glasgow on Sunday, the rejuvenated Diamonds will be formidable opponents over the two legs,

The choice of Kenneth Hansen as a guest replacement for the injured Lewis Kerr was a shrewd choice for a rider currently producing his best form in the PL. Unfortunately now withdrawn due to being injured in Denmark on Wednesday.

Aarnio has now been declared unfit and is replaced by Matthew Wethers, which should strengthen the Diamonds.

Would not be surprised if the scoreline in this match was as close as it was at Ashfield on Sunday.

Edited by cyclone

Teams as per Official Edinburgh website:-

EDINBURGH BORDER ROOFING MONARCHS: Craig Cook (capt.), Justin Sedgmen, Kevin Wolbert, Erik Riss, Sam Masters, Max Clegg, Rob Branford.

NEWCASTLE SAPPHIRE ENGINEERING DIAMONDS: Stevie Worrall, rider replacement for Christian Henry, Kenneth Hansen (Guest), Anton Rosen, Ludvig Lindgren (capt.), Simon Nielsen, Tero Aarnio.

Following on from their comprehensive quarter final victory over Glasgow on Sunday, the rejuvenated Diamonds will be formidable opponents over the two legs,

The choice of Kenneth Hansen as a guest replacement for the injured Lewis Kerr is a shrewd choice for a rider currently producing his best form in the PL.

Would not be surprised if the scoreline in this match was as close as it was at Ashfield on Sunday.

Hansen out, new guest required. Aarnio out, Wethers in place:

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100456

no Lewis Rose ?

Nope.

no Lewis Rose ?

Thing is, who do you drop to put Lewis back in. It would be a waste of points to put him in as either Christians or Kerr's replacement. Assuming that the current team is our current 1 to 7 declaration, could Rose be included because he was an injury replacement. Think it's best to leave the team as it is as, apart from Plymouth, we seem to be holding our own at the moment.

Thing is, who do you drop to put Lewis back in. It would be a waste of points to put him in as either Christians or Kerr's replacement. Assuming that the current team is our current 1 to 7 declaration, could Rose be included because he was an injury replacement. Think it's best to leave the team as it is as, apart from Plymouth, we seem to be holding our own at the moment.

totally agree Dave,,, I asked the question about Rose on the 2015 thread,,,

personally, given the option of r/r for Christian with rides shared between Anton, Tero and Simon,

or, 4 rides from Lewis returning from injury, I know what I would choose,,,,

best go and find me tin hat :(

And by replacing Christian, Tero would go back into the main body, and he's doing more than could have been hoped for at reserve.

Seems harsh on Lewis R, but I think I'd agree and leave it as it is.

As he was an injury replacement Lewis R can come back in. Had he been "dropped" he couldn't.

Tero always jokes about how he always leaves Armadale in an ambulance so it's probably a good thing he's been ordered to rest

• Like 1

And by replacing Christian, Tero would go back into the main body, and he's doing more than could have been hoped for at reserve.

Seems harsh on Lewis R, but I think I'd agree and leave it as it is.

As he was an injury replacement Lewis R can come back in. Had he been "dropped" he couldn't.

thats the sort of answer I was looking for, cheers Steve :)

should be a decent meeting tomorrow especially with wethers at reserve now seeing that aarnio has been told to rest (convenient how it's a track he struggles to score a point on) and with doubts over cookies fitness.

Still hopeful we can rack up enough points to take the pressure of a bit for the second leg.

Edited by Mr Blobby

Yeh right. Tero has been riding with broken ribs for several weeks now. Anybody who stands near the pits will visibly see how much pain he has been in after races. Two meetings on the same day not surprisingly took its toll. He's done amazingly well to score the points he has.

😡

• Like 2