British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Comet Dan

Workington V Glasgow Pl 5/9/15 7pm

Should be a good close meeting, welcome back Worky favourite Richard Lawson. :approve:

i dont think he is that much of a favorite having submitted a transfer FROM the club.

• Like 1

Great to see Palovaara back. If Glasgow don't get a result tonight then only ourselves to blame. Looks a nice night for it so hopefully it'll be good racing and no injuries. I'll be following it on Speedway updates unfortunately!

Yeh, just a bit. Great meeting with in football terms a Fergie time winner, fantastic. Glasgow have good riders in Lawson, Morris and Summers, very unlucky that Kauko got injured. Sticky not bad at reserve either. I thought Summers may have been in heat 15. There's been good meetings at DP for a few week now, just wish them who are staying away cos there's no passing would go and see that there is. Hope Ash is guesting next week too, well done Comets!

Haven't seen many matches this year but really pleased that I saw this one, cracking meeting I thought and well worth the admission money!! :t:

As I said previous, nothing but the unbeaten home record to defend and the team did that tremendously well, every point counted tonight and despite some below par efforts it all came together and got the job done when I honestly thought that the way Glasgow's ht leaders were going and Stichauer piling pts at reserve they were going to take the win especially being in front one race down?

Lawson and Ht15, they just dont mix do they, once he dropped to third and was looking for Hansen you just knew, you just knew he would drop it under pressure, Hansen ridng as well as he's done all season at home just kept picking away and waited for the mistake, great race tho, we needed 4-2 and we got 4-2, great match, great result, very entertaining meeting. :D

Full marks to Glasgow tho, once they got dialled in they were very worthy opposition and fully deserved the point they got, played an excellent part in this but in all honesty if Summers had been in that last Ht I cant help but think they would have got the 3 and not us, was absolutely flying? :unsure: still, never mind, at least your season will run longer than our's and with that team you've got to win something, be very unfair if you dont, a good quality side!! ;)

As for us well, one more big effort required v Edinburgh next week and hopefully bring a winning end to the season and a full house, I'll be there as well, goodness me two matches in a row, I can hardly contain myself?? :D

• Like 1

Fantastic meeting, well done to the Comets on maintaining your home record, please do it again next week. I would have put Aaron in heat 15 he never gives up, all in alll he has been a revelation this season for Glasgow and is fast gaining cult status with his passes

• Like 4

Really enjoyed that tonight even although we lost the meeting in all honesty neither team deserved to lose really going at it hammer & tongs and thought after Ht 13 we might nick it but credit to the Comets for coming back at us.

Speedway was the winner tonight an absolute cracker off a meeting if this is what is served up at Worky then hopefully they will attract more paying customers as that racing deserves more fan's :t: .

• Like 6

A fantastic meeting , congrats to our boys what a win !!! A well deserved point taken by the Glasgow Tigers , good luck in the playoffs guys that team deserve some silverware

• Like 5

That was one of the best meetings I've seen, full credit to the Glasgow team and fans for playing their part

• Like 4

Its nice to see fans from both sides come on here and say what a great meeting it was; no bad luck stories; no what ifs; no the refs a homer,etc. its a pity not all fans are like that. From aglasgow point of view brilliant effort by the team but just not enough for the points. So we should finish third and that means two extra meetings to fit in, the next few weeks should be fun

• Like 3

Loved it last night, good to see a bigger crowd. There seemed a good buzz around the place following a positive meeting on Friday at the Waverly, long may it continue

• Like 1

A great meeting with some very good racing, extra special mentions to Summers and Hansen!!

Good to see so many fans come down from Glasgow and make for a good atmosphere, hopefully the Comets can maintain their un beaten run in the final match of the season against Edinburgh (gong to be another tough one).

• Like 1

That was one of the best meetings I've seen, full credit to the Glasgow team and fans for playing their part

it takes 2 teams to put on a good entertaining meeting

walkovers are nice for the score board but there not entertaining

last night was a little too close for comfort though glasgow come back and overtook us then at the last minute we stole it back

Its nice to see fans from both sides come on here and say what a great meeting it was; no bad luck stories; no what ifs; no the refs a homer,etc. its a pity not all fans are like that. From aglasgow point of view brilliant effort by the team but just not enough for the points. So we should finish third and that means two extra meetings to fit in, the next few weeks should be fun

as speedway fans we are a minority and it would be nice if there was more posotive posts like this we all need to stick together are try and lift our dying sport

• Like 4