British Speedway Forum
Robinh88

Where Was Cookie Today?

Everyone makes mistakes, even the very top riders - Ivan Mauger openly admits he made a mistake in his 1973 world final run off, when he could have waited to try his passing move.

Going by our great fountain of knowledge that puts Ivan Mauger with the boys and not the men. :D

Most if not all of the top riders, from Mauger to Rickardsson from Nielsen to Hancock, have made mistakes in big races, its part of racing.

It’s probably fair to say he is a bit of a bottle merchant when it comes to the PLRC, he was very fortuitous to win the one he did given Doyle had it won before Bach lifted.

I say all this because I am jealous and a hater though of course, it isn’t just because I observe Cook to be a talented rider, but a bit of a flat track bully.

• Like 1

I don't want any club to close. That was said in a the heat of the moment witch I apologise for now.

Fair do's Mr B think we are all guilty off that from time to time.

It’s probably fair to say he is a bit of a bottle merchant when it comes to the PLRC, he was very fortuitous to win the one he did given Doyle had it won before Bach lifted.

And it will say that in the record books will it, if that were the case it would be full of would've could've should`ve, for virtually every PLRC down through the years. Cook is as good as there is at PL level, what he`s like as a person I wouldn't know but he does the business on track and that is what counts most, but it would appear some fans (Berwick in particular) either don't see it or don't want to see it.

• Like 2

And it will say that in the record books will it, if that were the case it would be full of would've could've should`ve, for virtually every PLRC down through the years. Cook is as good as there is at PL level, what he`s like as a person I wouldn't know but he does the business on track and that is what counts most, but it would appear some fans (Berwick in particular) either don't see it or don't want to see it.

Who said it would? It was a passing commentary on the PLRC event, it is what forums are for.

I haven’t read a Berwick fan say he is a bad speedway rider, not once actually. The general trend is good rider, but a bit of a tosser...the Berwick fans who you reference are myhtical fragments of your imagination. Almost attempting to position Berwick fans in a bad light for no apparent reason and with no supporting evidence, that is odd behaviour.

Edited by sparkafag

Cook knows he can wind up the Berwick fans, and does so very successfully. It's just that they havn't been able to work out yet that he is just winding them up.

Who said it would? It was a passing commentary on the PLRC event, it is what forums are for.

I haven’t read a Berwick fan say he is a bad speedway rider, not once actually. The general trend is good rider, but a bit of a tosser...the Berwick fans who you reference are myhtical fragments of your imagination. Almost attempting to position Berwick fans in a bad light for no apparent reason and with no supporting evidence, that is odd behaviour.

Very odd behaviour, now, I could comment on the irony of Taffy's post, but I think it would go straight over his head!

The tragedy of the Berwick situation is the continuing disparagement (by a select few) of efforts to keep the club going.

People, this is serious. I want to be positive in every way about the continuation of racing at Shielfield Park, and I pray even those who feel they have axes to grind can unite with the majority to achieve this continuation.

lol im sure Robin could handle himself against Cook, unless he bites

classic... my dads BIGGER than your dad.

classic... my dads BIGGER than your dad.

Thankfully though, Robin isn't my Dad and I do hope Craig Cook isn't yours so it isn't really classic whatsoever, you said that Robin would be scared of Cook in real life when in reality he most definately wouldn't be so thanks but no

it seems cook goes to pieces in big or FIM meetinmgs cf john Louis

I agree, representing his Country, finishing on the rostrum in British Finals, qualifying for SGP, and top scoring for his team in the PL up and down the league, clearly signs of going to pieces. :blink::blink:

• Like 3

it seems cook goes to pieces in big or FIM meetinmgs cf john louis

thats just the way the cookie crumbles ;)

• Like 6

According to the article in the Speedway Star , this week , he reckons it's time to kiss the Premier League goodbye . We shall see