British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

I sorry but I don't mean to twist things. I'm olde school, and respect those virtues. As a Lynn rider, I expected Kerr to behave as such. But obviously I am wrong.

But one other point before I go, You say when riders are involved in the draft selection process they have a choice of where and when they ride.. I thought they were included into the process and that the clubs have a vote on who they want in there team.. Are you saying this is not the case and riders and clubs are sorted before the vote ????

Good job Swindon didn't pick Kerr ???

I never said that at all ..I expect Kerr would not have been able to leave KL for Lakeside unless they have had not changed Race nights . it's quite clear that all teams would or should have done there homework before the draft before picking there riders when it comes to race nights .

What makes it even more worse in kl case it that Kerr was protected meaning they had plenty of time to ask him about his plans for the coming season etc etc and the fact they were changing race nights .....If Swindon had picked Kerr without doing there homework they that would been there fault and no one elses ....Dress it up as much as like but anyone with just a tad of common sense can see the blame lies solely at the door of kl.

Edited by orion

So with Kerr out of the frame who is the best no6 we can sign Simon Lambert a Stars asset or Adam Roynon would be my choice - now no1 who's a realistic target ? Could Buster pull a rabbit out of the hat or will it be Kenny B ? With the Wroclaw meeting only 8 weeks Friday it would be nice to have an update on the latest situation regarding the last two riders .

Can't believe Buster would change our race night so that we wouldn't clash with the Danish league knowing that we would lose Lewis without having a top rider who rides in Denmark virtually signed up. Still hoping it could be Jepsen Jensen.

I would prefer roynon from the options available. As for number one, kenni Larsen

at this moment in time Kenni Larsen would be a great signing .
  • Like 1

at this moment in time Kenni Larsen would be a great signing .

Remember Larsen riding at Lynn for Newcastle and remember him being quick then so yes he would be a good signing

KLStars 2016

1. Grzegorz Zengota 7.79

2. Mads Korneliussen 5.95

3. Robert Lambert 6.59

4. Rory Schlein 6.24

5. Troy Batchelor. 6.91

6. Simon Lambert 3.11

7. Lewis Rose 3.00

Total: 39.59 (0.91 remaining)

KLStars 2016

1. Grzegorz Zengota 7.79

2. Mads Korneliussen 5.95

3. Robert Lambert 6.59

4. Rory Schlein 6.24

5. Troy Batchelor. 6.91

6. Simon Lambert 3.11

7. Lewis Rose 3.00

Total: 39.59 (0.91 remaining)

Looks like a Swindon side of old

I never said that at all ..I expect Kerr would not have been able to leave KL for Lakeside unless they have had not changed Race nights . it's quite clear that all teams would or should have done there homework before the draft before picking there riders when it comes to race nights .

What makes it even more worse in kl case it that Kerr was protected meaning they had plenty of time to ask him about his plans for the coming season etc etc and the fact they were changing race nights .....If Swindon had picked Kerr without doing there homework they that would been there fault and no one elses ....Dress it up as much as like but anyone with just a tad of common sense can see the blame lies solely at the door of kl.

You dress it up how you like but to me ,the blame for the problem should be divided equally between Both Buster and Kerr. The mis-interpretation should never have happened....

• Like 1

Kerr needed to do PL and EL and rightly so. Kl wednesday Ipswich thursday perfect then KL change race night why should he change his PL team and let Ipswich down. To me this is entirely the fault of KL. No need to change race night this year.

• Like 1

I'm struggling to see where any blame on Kerr.

The Premier League is where the FTR's bread and butter is. To suggest that he should have given that place up for FTR & less meeting wage needs there noggins checked out.

We changed our race night, our problem, nobody else's

• Like 5

However, I find it incredible that anyone would encourage and condone any twisting or bending of the rules on the basis that others have done it. That is a recipe to totally destroy any credibility the sport has and to make any success in the league meaningless.

Just like every past season for God knows how many years then?😣

Edited by mikebv

Unfortunately the whole blame is on British speedway itself!!! Over the years look what has happened to the sport, no wonder fans are dwindling away.

BSPA should take a long look at the sport get rid of this EDR scheme as its a complete joke in its self, none of the riders benefit from it.

The should also scrap the total average for team building, if a club can afford to put a team together with superstars so be it. I agree the number 7 should be a British rider. Speedway is the only sport I can recall where you get penalized for doing well, ie. You win the league, the next season the team gets torn apart because the riders averages are too high.

For all who mentioned the state of tracks nowadays, absolutely nothing wrong with KL track, its never been altered in anyway, problem is that riders only know how to race throttle wide open, they seem to have forgotten throttle control.

As fans we need entertaining on race night, please just do something a little bit different to create an atmosphere.

• Like 1

Unfortunately the whole blame is on British speedway itself!!! Over the years look what has happened to the sport, no wonder fans are dwindling away.

BSPA should take a long look at the sport get rid of this EDR scheme as its a complete joke in its self, none of the riders benefit from it.

The should also scrap the total average for team building, if a club can afford to put a team together with superstars so be it. I agree the number 7 should be a British rider. Speedway is the only sport I can recall where you get penalized for doing well, ie. You win the league, the next season the team gets torn apart because the riders averages are too high.

For all who mentioned the state of tracks nowadays, absolutely nothing wrong with KL track, its never been altered in anyway, problem is that riders only know how to race throttle wide open, they seem to have forgotten throttle control.

As fans we need entertaining on race night, please just do something a little bit different to create an atmosphere.

the KL track has been altered if my memory serves me right the bends widened in the 70s