British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

im not sure as to wether that is untried to british speedway or untried to the EL, after all ford did mention the likes of Anders Thomsen in his article the other day.

Yet another rule that will be abused & how can a club announce it before the rulers?.

Great to hear Rory first practice went well since his crash .

I reckon Rory must be bionic! I really hope he has a great season and stays injury-free.

• Like 7

im not sure as to wether that is untried to british speedway or untried to the EL, after all ford did mention the likes of Anders Thomsen in his article the other day.

Mention of Thomsen was in the same context of being able to attract exciting riders to be squad members such as Madsen and Lindback (also named) who don't want a full season of EL fixtures. I don't believe Thomsen fits the criteria being spoken about for now ie an untried foreign rider to replace any of the 2-5!?

But I may be proved wrong when the official statement is made, as the article with MF was before the BSPA meeting on Tuesday...........

Edited by Skidder1

Kings Lynn v Coventry was Thursday 16th June now moved to Wednesday 22nd June

Mention of Thomsen was in the same context of being able to attract exciting riders to be squad members such as Madsen and Lindback (also named) who don't want a full season of EL fixtures. I don't believe Thomsen fits the criteria being spoken about for now ie an untried foreign rider to replace any of the 2-5!?

But I may be proved wrong when the official statement is made, as the article with MF was before the BSPA meeting on Tuesday...........

there will be a lot of sick notes flying around bet Mf will be the first

The KL website is still showing it as the 16th June.

Coventry twitter shows it.

On the Coventry website Mike

"A NEW date has been agreed for the Buildbase Bees' Elite League 'A' fixture at home to King's Lynn.

The meeting, which was to take place on Friday April 8, will now be staged at Brandon on Monday April 11 (7.30pm).

Additionally, the Bees Elite League 'B' visit to the Adrian Flux Arena, which was scheduled for Thursday June 16, will now take place on Wednesday June 22."

News is a mixed bag for me. Was planning to do the away fixture on the 8th but can't do the 11th. On the plus side, I'll be in Lens for the England v Wales game on the 16th so chuffed the home fixture has been moved to the 22nd.

Edited by Speedball

Coventry twitter shows it.

Unfortunately, like a lot of people, I don't use Twitter, so we should be able to rely on our own clubs website. Sods law that only yesterday, I arranged to go out with friends on the 22nd June, happy in the knowledge that there was no speedway, now I'll have to see if I can let them down!! Bloody speedway.

On the Coventry website Mike

"A NEW date has been agreed for the Buildbase Bees' Elite League 'A' fixture at home to King's Lynn.

The meeting, which was to take place on Friday April 8, will now be staged at Brandon on Monday April 11 (7.30pm).

Additionally, the Bees Elite League 'B' visit to the Adrian Flux Arena, which was scheduled for Thursday June 16, will now take place on Wednesday June 22."

Was planning to do the away fixture on April 8 :mad:

Cheers Speedball. I had no reason to look at another clubs website though, only my own clubs.

• Like 1

News is a mixed bag for me. Was planning to do the away fixture on the 8th but can't do the 11th. On the plus side, I'll be in Lens for the England v Wales game on the 16th so chuffed the home fixture has been moved to the 22nd.

I think April 11th is a Monday and the only reason I can think of for changing a Coventry home meeting to Monday is for Sky so at least you should be able to see it even if you can't be there :D

• Like 1

I think April 11th is a Monday and the only reason I can think of for changing a Coventry home meeting to Monday is for Sky so at least you should be able to see it even if you can't be there :D

That's what I'm hoping for :wink:

Unfortunately, like a lot of people, I don't use Twitter, so we should be able to rely on our own clubs website. Sods law that only yesterday, I arranged to go out with friends on the 22nd June, happy in the knowledge that there was no speedway, now I'll have to see if I can let them down!! Bloody speedway.

Cheers Speedball. I had no reason to look at another clubs website though, only my own clubs.

Sadly Lynns website doesn't have the reputation for always being up to date or accurate :cry: You can always ask on here Mike, sure one of us will be able to help. Lynn's twitter account went mad yesterday after weeks/months of hibernation. My evil mind wondered if it was due to comments on here about the lack of info :P

• Like 1

Funny that is, switched to a Thursday for the new season and already changing back to Wednesday.

• Like 2

Funny that is, switched to a Thursday for the new season and already changing back to Wednesday.

That is only because it is a leap year :blink:

Dancing round the Euros soccer?