British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

I can't find the post as it was some weeks ago I read it but somebody mentioned on a thread that the number 8 had to be someone new to the EL. I don't really understand how this is 'twisting the rules to suit himself' when the rider in question averaged under seven in the PL last year, he is hardly going to set the EL alight. And I would suggest that its a little late to be pulling a fast one to improve our team as it looks very poor once Iversen departs, surely he would have used his position to his advantage long before now if he was going to.

I also think if we are going to judge Buster on sorting the sport out we need to do so after years rather than weeks of his rein. And while I appreciate that he is head man and such the buck stops with him, do you consider the 'remaining scraps of credibility' that he has to also apply to the other members of the management committee and the SCB, as they all seem to be behind the Belle Vue statement.

Its long been apparent that you have a strong dislike for and subsequently an agenda towards Mr Chapman which is a pity as you are one of the better posters on here, but its difficult to take anything you say about him too seriously as a result.

I can't find the post as it was some weeks ago I read it but somebody mentioned on a thread that the number 8 had to be someone new to the EL. I don't really understand how this is 'twisting the rules to suit himself' when the rider in question averaged under seven in the PL last year, he is hardly going to set the EL alight.

Some weeks ago that was somebody's opinion based on hearsay. We now have the actual regulation which says;

"a # 8, being a non-ACU licensed rider assessed at 4.00 who has not been included in any previous Team Declaration."

That's any team, not any EL team. Doubling-up riders are dealt with in a separate part of the regulation and refers to PL CMAs which the #8 section doesn't. Going on the literal interpretation, NBJ can only be a doubling-up rider.

• Like 1

Surely NBJ will be in the team and Huckenbeck the number 8 then?

I always thought that was the case although it was never specified as such.

That's the only way it can be reading the rules and regulations. He could in theory share a d/u role with Lambert but not much point with Kings Lynn getting priority.

I can't find the post as it was some weeks ago I read it but somebody mentioned on a thread that the number 8 had to be someone new to the EL. I don't really understand how this is 'twisting the rules to suit himself' when the rider in question averaged under seven in the PL last year, he is hardly going to set the EL alight. And I would suggest that its a little late to be pulling a fast one to improve our team as it looks very poor once Iversen departs, surely he would have used his position to his advantage long before now if he was going to.

I also think if we are going to judge Buster on sorting the sport out we need to do so after years rather than weeks of his rein. And while I appreciate that he is head man and such the buck stops with him, do you consider the 'remaining scraps of credibility' that he has to also apply to the other members of the management committee and the SCB, as they all seem to be behind the Belle Vue statement.

Its long been apparent that you have a strong dislike for and subsequently an agenda towards Mr Chapman which is a pity as you are one of the better posters on here, but its difficult to take anything you say about him too seriously as a result.

Well, let's not go down the road of re-discussing what's already been said on the BV thread.

I don't have a strong dislike or Chapman, apart from the fact that there had been occasions when his behaviour has been pretty appalling mainly his tantrum when Peter Karlsson was laying on the track with a broken back, and I can't bring myself to call a grown man "Buster" which is really a nickname one associates with a naughty schoolboy, but let's not go there for the moment.

The one thing I do get wound up about is when words or phrases are not used properly, especially in official documents. We have endless trouble in this sport with officialdom being unable to express themselves clearly and in plain English. It's not difficult. Yet they still can't issue a simple and uncontroversial statement like the post AGM summary in a few sentences without it being contradictory or vague. You must notice it every year. I posted on the Lakeside thread a few months ago that having heard Jon Cook interviewed on Essex Radio I couldn't understand what was talking about, it was so garbled and full of ums and err and word whiskers, and there are others as bad , notably Rosco. These are the people running the sport.

So when we come to the rule book which is so important if the sport is to have any fairness about it at all I think it's a valid point to say the words should have there literal meaning and not some ambiguity that means whatever they want it mean. I would hope that Keith Chapman sets the example on this. There has been too much trouble over rules for too many years.

As I said in my last post maybe we are jumping the gun on this particular point as we can only speculate on Busk-Jacobsens role at the moment but if it does transpire that this is yet another rule that says one thing and means another it will drive me a step further towards giving up on the sport, and I amprobably a more regular fan than most. I dare say many others will feel the same way.

I was referring to our DU rider Robert Lambert

o

Yes I knew you were - had just read the item re NBJ on Panthers website so thought I would post Ged's quote as he was also being discussed.

With our first EL meeting on Thursday and Huckenbeck in the side and no Peterborough fixture clash that suggests to me Jakobsen is no'8

i thought I read that Buster wasn't going down the squad route this year. I could have been dreaming tho cos the season so far in this country has been a bit of a nightmare :P

With our first EL meeting on Thursday and Huckenbeck in the side and no Peterborough fixture clash that suggests to me Jakobsen is no'8

The facts would suggest otherwise. Huckenbeck has never been declared in another team and has a 4 point assessed average. NBJ is an established PL rider with a season's experience, is currently declared in a PL team and has an assessed average of 4.16 converted from his PL figure.

The facts would suggest otherwise. Huckenbeck has never been declared in another team and has a 4 point assessed average. NBJ is an established PL rider with a season's experience, is currently declared in a PL team and has an assessed average of 4.16 converted from his PL figure.

So then Jakobsen should be riding Thursday and not Huckenbeck.

Scrap that

17.4.1.1: A declared #8 can be used as a replacement at any time for a #1 to #5 Team Member

So then Jakobsen should be riding Thursday and not Huckenbeck.

Scrap that

17.4.1.1: A declared #8 can be used as a replacement at any time for a #1 to #5 Team Member

Indeed. It seems that Huckenbeck is the official #8 but being used full time, except for the occasional replacement by "full time" 1-5 member NBJ. Confused? It'd be rude not to be.

Some weeks ago that was somebody's opinion based on hearsay. We now have the actual regulation which says;

"a # 8, being a non-ACU licensed rider assessed at 4.00 who has not been included in any previous Team Declaration."

That's any team, not any EL team. Doubling-up riders are dealt with in a separate part of the regulation and refers to PL CMAs which the #8 section doesn't. Going on the literal interpretation, NBJ can only be a doubling-up rider.

Common sense and I hope that ruling is adhered to.

Couldn't care less if NBJ is named in the stars squad, wish the lad well and the team.

Looking forward to seeing him and Kai if either are in the side when you come to Monmore.

I also couldn't care less if Kai rides most of the matches and NBJ only a few.

Just for clarity if would be nice to hear that Kai is the number 8 (as he is exactly what the new rider number 8 position is for) and NBJ is a named squad rider. That makes perfect sense. It makes perfect sense if Kai rides all the matches.

What doesn't make sense is that NBJ is named number 8 as he doesn't qualify for that particular ruling.

It really should be that simple.

• Like 1

That's the only way it can be reading the rules and regulations. He could in theory share a d/u role with Lambert but not much point with Kings Lynn getting priority.

Sounds like NBJ has signed full time but Kai will cover fixture clashes.

So what happens after 8 meeting with NBJ is still on 4.16 but Kai is averaging 4.17+? Surely a higher averaged rider cannot not used to replace a lower one, can it?!