British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Someone nip up the track, is it in raceable shape?

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

After all my moaning this week I think King's Lynn & or Sky made the right call.

Last thing we'd want as fans is to watch Buster doing track work until 8.30 then another shower comes in.

I would put a bet on when SKY wanted this meeting moved to today that Buster said he would only be able to run it if the weather was perfect following yesterday's bangers, must take an age to sort out the track after that mess!!

I would put a bet on when SKY wanted this meeting moved to today that Buster said he would only be able to run it if the weather was perfect following yesterday's bangers, must take an age to sort out the track after that mess!!

Wrong, the Stocks yesterday was the rearranged meeting from last weekend which was postponed because of a power failure in many parts of Lynn, so Buster wouldn't have known about it when tonight was arranged.

• Like 1

Wrong, the Stocks yesterday was the rearranged meeting from last weekend which was postponed because of a power failure in many parts of Lynn, so Buster wouldn't have known about it when tonight was arranged.

Fair enough, lost my bet

the abuse belle vue got, yet kings lynn cancel a perfectly normal night? double standards here

• Like 2

the abuse belle vue got, yet kings lynn cancel a perfectly normal night? double standards here

I'm not disagreeing with that. I still think we don't know the truth and probably never will.

Until fans are told the truth consistently, and hell will probably freeze over first, the majority of pronnouncements from all promoters will be treated with suspicion

I'm not disagreeing with that. I still think we don't know the truth and probably never will.

Until fans are told the truth consistently, and hell will probably freeze over first, the majority of pronnouncements from all promoters will be treated with suspicion

agree with you, but again contradicts his openness and clarity speech, and listening to fans? surely the promoter of any club

has to give a reason of a cancellation?

• Like 2

Whilst we do not know the circumstances or who is to blame once again the paying public are kept totally in the dark.

• Like 2

They did give a reason - a poor weather forecast!! But i guess everyone has their own 'truth'?!

They did give a reason - a poor weather forecast!! But i guess everyone has their own 'truth'?!

But at the time the called it off no one could find a poor weather forecast, look back and you will see quite a few and they were all good.

As it goes the weather yesterday was pretty good from a speedway point of view.

It was very wet overnight near Norwich and rained for a while in the morning, Lynn had none of that?

I was only answering the criticism that KL had given no reason for the postponement!!

They did! I offer no opinion as to the accuracy of it!!

It was very wet overnight near Norwich and rained for a while in the morning, Lynn had none of that?

Nope. As I said yesterday there was overnight rain but no puddles left in morning and light rain off and on in the morning.