British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

After last nights defeat at Swindon the lack of a quality reserve was more apparent than ever Lewis Rose did his job but we sure are missing the scoring power of Lewis Kerr .Again the change of race night has cost the team .

• Like 1

Haza, We Knew that before last night. No matter how much we shuffle the top 5 we still have that achilles heel at Reserves. Them's the cards we have been dealt. All Teams it seems can switch about with the main Reserve and still have a big hitter down there. Except Lynn of course.

I think the rules are a total mess on this one and they have not thought about what will happen if an EDR goes into the 1-5, is he still an ERD or is he a 1-5 rider? and obviously vice versa, if a 1-5 rider drops to reserve is he still a 1-5 rider? There is no definition of a 1-5 rider.

It's often said the rules are badly written and I'm not sure they are. But in this case I don't even want to try and second guess what the BSPA will come up with!

Well I tried, and I was wrong!

Just been announced that Buster has sold King's Lynn Football Club. Whether this will have any effect on the speedway is a matter of conjecture.

Just been announced that Buster has sold King's Lynn Football Club. Whether this will have any effect on the speedway is a matter of conjecture.

More money in his pocket but he'd be mad to put it into speedway unless he's going to bring JC back. I say, buy yourself a nice new car Keith.

More money in his pocket but he'd be mad to put it into speedway unless he's going to bring JC back. I say, buy yourself a nice new car Keith.

Or a few new cars.

My hope would be that he would have more time to focus on Lynn speedway and make improvements to it presentation & off track entertainment wise but I honestly think he , along with the other promoters, don't think there is anything wrong.

My hope would be that he would have more time to focus on Lynn speedway and make improvements to it presentation & off track entertainment wise but I honestly think he , along with the other promoters, don't think there is anything wrong.

the Stars team is still far too weak..... ok it was exciting on thursday but we wouldnt have been struggling for a draw if 2 team members had done their bit !! :nono:

I cant understand why we apparently have a squad [Jacobsen and S.Lambert ] but arent at least trying them out ?? :o

Failing that - strengthen the team or we'll be battling it out with Leicester for the wooden spoon this year!!!

Edited by Star Fever

the Stars team is still far too weak..... ok it was exciting on thursday but we wouldnt have been struggling for a draw if 2 team members had done their bit !! :nono:

I cant understand why we apparently have a squad [Jacobsen and S.Lambert ] but arent at least trying them out ?? :o

Failing that - strengthen the team or we'll be battling it out with Leicester for the wooden spoon this year!!!

Jakobsen is currently out injured after he took a tumble whilst riding for Peterborough at Plymouth several weeks ago. He got concussion and was told to sit out for 28 days. That's probably why he's not been tried out recently. He's not allowed to ride in the UK until June 3rd, yet he was allowed to ride over in Denmark this week and he scored 14 apparently. Yeah, work that one out!!!!! Doesn't make any sense but he's not allowed to ride over here until his 28 days are up. That's what I've seen on Twitter in recent days anyway.

Not sure why they don't get Simon in for Wilkinson and give him a run out...although saying that, that might have something to do with him not wanting to miss many, if any, meetings for Peterborough as he has picked up a bit of sponsorship through being involved over there. That's why they went for Wilkinson in the first place from memory.

As for battling with Leicester for the wooden spoon, I've felt a bit like that since day one when the team was announced :lol: If we come away with nothing this year, it would come of no surprise. Against the likes of Poole (everyone's favourites :P), Belle Vue and Wolverhampton in particular, we're not strong enough. I'd even put Swindon in that list actually. I didn't think they'd do too well this year, but it looks like they could prove me wrong! We'll be mid-table at best or right at the bottom. I know I'm such a pessimist but that's my genuine feeling.

Jakobsen is out injured or was anyway but agree about Simon. When available would do a better job than Wilkinson at the moment.

Cant see us making the play-offs but can't see us doing battle with Leicester for the wooden spoon either. It's looking like a middle of the road season doing battle for position with Lakeside and Cov. So anywhere from 5th to 7th.

Hopefully with Buster in full control of the BSPA next season and the introduction of all his new ideas he will steel a march on the others and have a team sorted to challenge in 17

That's a cert, with Chapman in charge the stars are in for a successful season in 17.

Same s*^% different faces.

Think we all need to be thankful Iversen decided to stay or we'd be dead certs for wooden spoon - wilkinson shouldn't be in a fast track reserve position anyway at 35 surly this isn't what it was set up for - I'd had a max age limit of say 25 it should be for young up and comers not 35 year olds that going nowhere- Huckenbeck after a good start seems to have gone backwards was very poor Thursday and Mads being Mads 0320 so inconsistent - the next problem could be when Rory is fit to return who will get dropped with Rory on a high average it could be difficult fitting him back in .

• Like 2

when Rory is fit to return who will get dropped with Rory on a high average it could be difficult fitting him back in .

Sadly Rory confirmed himself on sky tonight that he will be out another couple of months yet 😕