British Speedway Forum
Speedball

King's Lynn 2016

Really Robert wont go to Poole im sure.

Prob right, Brits don't tend to go there! It's a nice rumour though ;)

I'd be very, very sad to see Robert go ...... need to keep him here, what an entertainer!

Doyle

North

Kildermand

Fisher

Pedersen

Kerr

Stokes

God, no!

Doyle

North

Kildermand

Fisher

Pedersen

Kerr

Stokes

Errr......would certainly be an 'entertaining' team!

Iversen

Porsing

Andersen

Michelsen

Lindgren

???

???

Smoke and Fire... so disappointed with the rumours about Lambert leaving. Poole have been mentioned, along with a few more, but from what I hear, it all about money rather than which team. Why did he leave the Panthers, so late into the season???? ... Seems to me young Robert is getting too big for his britches'. Wasn't too long ago he was being protected and nurtured by Lynn team into the world of Elite league racing. Now he wants to get up and go..... SOD you Jack!!!

There's a lot more to being a Top Racer then just riding a bike. He should learn about repaying the faith that supporters who have shown all this time.

Not yet 18, Lambert sure has a lot to learn, it will be a big mistake to alienate those fans ....

Note!! Blasted predictable text .. Sorry.....

Edited by GRW123

Errr......would certainly be an 'entertaining' team!

Absolutely the point. Ok, that's not likely to be the team, probably way over the limit but that's the type of riders we need next season.

We've been a team that's too nice and too fair and that goes for the management also.

We need some nasty barstoods in the team to liven things up.

Most of the season rider of the night would be Lambert because he'd be the only one to really lay it on the line and make passing moves while the others struggled.

We need more of that and Porsing Bjerre don't offer that.

Every team needs 2-3 hard riders that give everything. We got found out when running R/R because having Bjerre & Porsing covering those rides you just never felt confident they could step up.

Iversen

Porsing

Andersen

Michelsen

Lindgren

???

???

That's worse than the current team for me. Andersen and Lindgren (although performed well as a guest) have been abysmal this season. Andersen = Bjerre. Michelsen I've not been overly impressed by.

Iversen

Porsing

Andersen - Bjerre

Michelsen - Lambert

Lindgren - Schlein

I just don't see an improvement

• Like 1

Seems to me young Robert is getting too big for his britches'. Wasn't too long ago he was being protected and neutered by Lynn team into the world of Elite league racing. Now he wants to get up and go..... SOD you Jack!!!

I sincerely hope you meant nurtured or some poor lass is going to be disappointed :D

If he wants to go let's hope Buster gets the best possible price for him, I'm sure he will. Buster has never been one to keep a rider who is unhappy and seems to prefer riders being sold to put out on loan.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 2

I

Smoke and Fire... so disappointed with the rumours about Lambert leaving. Poole have been mentioned, along with a few more, but from what I hear, it all about money rather than which team. Why did he leave the Panthers, so late into the season???? ... Seems to me young Robert is getting too big for his britches'. Wasn't too long ago he was being protected and neutered by Lynn team into the world of Elite league racing. Now he wants to get up and go..... SOD you Jack!!!

There's a lot more to being a Top Racer then just riding a bike. He should learn about repaying the faith that supporters who have shown all this time.

Not yet 18, Lambert sure has a lot to learn, it will be a big mistake to alienate those fans ....

I really couldn't careless if Lambert is in the team or not If he's not 100% committed to the club either loan him out or sell him and that goes for any of the 2015 team the club wants to stay for next season . Don't get me wrong he's a very talented rider but if he'd chasing big money he won't get it at KL so let him move on
  • Like 2

Smoke and Fire... so disappointed with the rumours about Lambert leaving. Poole have been mentioned, along with a few more, but from what I hear, it all about money rather than which team. Why did he leave the Panthers, so late into the season???? ... Seems to me young Robert is getting too big for his britches'. Wasn't too long ago he was being protected and neutered by Lynn team into the world of Elite league racing. Now he wants to get up and go..... SOD you Jack!!!

Don't blame anyone for wanting more money,very short career is speedway.

You make me chuckle a bit about he should learn to repay the faith to supporters.Say he started the season poor those same supporters would have wanted him out just like they did Bjerre and Porsing.Bjerre for instance gets loads of flak for being loyal,you cant have it both ways.

Also got to feel sorry for Lambert being neutered by the Lynn team too

• Like 1

Absolutely the point. Ok, that's not likely to be the team, probably way over the limit but that's the type of riders we need next season.

We've been a team that's too nice and too fair and that goes for the management also.

We need some nasty barstoods in the team to liven things up.

Most of the season rider of the night would be Lambert because he'd be the only one to really lay it on the line and make passing moves while the others struggled.

We need more of that and Porsing Bjerre don't offer that.

Every team needs 2-3 hard riders that give everything. We got found out when running R/R because having Bjerre & Porsing covering those rides you just never felt confident they could step up.

That's worse than the current team for me. Andersen and Lindgren (although performed well as a guest) have been abysmal this season. Andersen = Bjerre. Michelsen I've not been overly impressed by.

Iversen

Porsing

Andersen - Bjerre

Michelsen - Lambert

Lindgren - Schlein

I just don't see an improvement

Andersen is no Bjerre. When he rode a couple of weeks ago he gets in the mix even if not that fast, running people up the fence and muscling through, haven't seen Bjerre do that in about 3 years.

Lamberts replacement is obviously not going to be anywhere near the mark. He's one of the best prospects the sport has ever seen, and if he's going for more money good on him, if you were offered twice your wage for doing the same job you'd go right?

Lindgren i think had a bad dip this year, but still enough form on the continent to be given a go at a track he always performs at well. Plus i very much doubt Schlein will be riding next year.

That was only working to roughly the same points limit as this year, yours was well over. And a lot depends on the reserves too.

Edited by speedy17

I I really couldn't careless if Lambert is in the team or not If he's not 100% committed to the club either loan him out or sell him and that goes for any of the 2015 team the club wants to stay for next season . Don't get me wrong he's a very talented rider but if he'd chasing big money he won't get it at KL so let him move on

Agree

Andersen is no Bjerre. When he rode a couple of weeks ago he gets in the mix even if not that fast, running people up the fence and muscling through, haven't seen Bjerre do that in about 3 years.

Lamberts replacement is obviously not going to be anywhere near the mark. He's one of the best prospects the sport has ever seen, and if he's going for more money good on him, if you were offered twice your wage for doing the same job you'd go right?

Lindgren i think had a bad dip this year, but still enough form on the continent to be given a go at a track he always performs at well. Plus i very much doubt Schlein will be riding next year.

That was only working to roughly the same points limit as this year, yours was well over. And a lot depends on the reserves too.

I know it's over so I've checked the averages and got

Doyle

Tungate

North

Fisher

Pedersen

Kerr

Stokes

Doyle

North

Kildermand

Fisher

Pedersen

Kerr

Stokes

Can anyone name a harder/dirtier top 5 than this?Chuck in garrity at reserve and most teams would be terrified to visit!
  • Like 1

Can anyone name a harder/dirtier top 5 than this?Chuck in garrity at reserve and most teams would be terrified to visit!

Don't you agree that these are the type of rider's the club is missing though?

Nobody wins through being nice

• Like 1

Reading these team opinions are pretty interesting, and shows how everyone is different. Rather than names I prefer to categorise the people, I think we need to be successful.

First we need a top rider for No 1. Someone who can win race 13 and 15 at the drop of a hat. There are not many about, so its vitally important. Niels is the best of the lot and a shame he if he doesn't return. Holder, Magic, Zagar, AJ Doyle are the others who could be considered. Two more able riders to fill the heat leader roles to be accomplished heat winners. Bomber, Batch, North Nichol such like, riders who go out and compete everytime.... Passion is what fans want to see.

Second Strings: these again are important, and ideally we need to find a RINGER. A quality rider on a ridiculously low average. A trick, Poole manages to pull every year.... Failing that, we need a couple of riders who are exciting, passionate and guaranteed to put 2 points on the average.

FTR / Draft riders are a different ball game. A half thought out idea that needs restructuring. When top tier riders are badly injured( like Auty, & Kerr) there is no facility for them to be replaced. Using guests was the only option. That has to be addressed. I would like to see all the Tier 1 riders (and a rejuvenated Kerr) in the top 5, leaving each club to find their own British Reserves Riders.

A young and vibrant Team Manager is essential, someone who will coax , answer, and encourage the team through all the issues to success. Rory would be the ideal candidate. I feel if we don't get him on board, I'm sure someone else will..... Such an obvious choice.......