British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bash

Ipswich 2016

Nice to see Lewi Kerr doing well and you guy wanna drop him ?

But he isn't going well for Ipswich. He's struggling badly, sometimes it doesn't work out for a rider and I think this is the case

I agree with Chris , the team on paper should kick arse but for what ever reason it just ain't happening at the moment . I think the team rely to much on Danny ,Morton and Nico need to step up more to give Danny better support Lewis looks to be trying his heart out on the jawa think If he was on a GM it may give him more confidence , James always tries his heart out and imo would benefit from a spell at number 6 , Paco , who couldn't like Paco but it's that Jawa thing again imo , he needs to step up to a 4 plus , Greenwood has only just arrived so encourage the lad he was unlucky to be excluded at EOESG he is doing what it says on the tin 3.00 . The whole team needs encouragement , slating them of puts more pressure on them and is not welcome I'm sure . Support the lads they will come good l recon !

But he isn't going well for Ipswich. He's struggling badly, sometimes it doesn't work out for a rider and I think this is the case

In Garritys last season at Rye he was very inconsistent while putting in match winning performances for Coventry in the EL. Many of us suspected he wasn't really putting the effort in for us while getting rave reviews on Sky.

I'm not saying Kerr isn't putting 100% for Ipswich, just making a comparison.

I agree with Chris , the team on paper should kick arse but for what ever reason it just ain't happening at the moment . I think the team rely to much on Danny ,Morton and Nico need to step up more to give Danny better support Lewis looks to be trying his heart out on the jawa think If he was on a GM it may give him more confidence , James always tries his heart out and imo would benefit from a spell at number 6 , Paco , who couldn't like Paco but it's that Jawa thing again imo , he needs to step up to a 4 plus , Greenwood has only just arrived so encourage the lad he was unlucky to be excluded at EOESG he is doing what it says on the tin 3.00 . The whole team needs encouragement , slating them of puts more pressure on them and is not welcome I'm sure . Support the lads they will come good l recon !

Do you think the riders come on here and care about what we write? Over many seasons many an under performing rider has been supported, it never makes any difference.

• Like 1

I think the team is very ordinary, hardly good enough to kick paper tissues imo..

• Like 1

Your right. It's not a kick arse team. Hence why no one thought it was good enough to make the play offs.

Do you think the riders come on here and care about what we write? Over many seasons many an under performing rider has been supported, it never makes any difference.

. Yes I do think riders " come on here " and yes I think they DO care and I think they try their hearts out .

I think the team is very ordinary, hardly good enough to kick paper tissues imo..

we all have an opinion Bluepanther , I try to be positive were I can ,good riders don't go bad over night ,we need to continue to support them imo .

King.... Our number 1 so will not be replaced as no 9 point men about.

Covatti and Risager... have improved their aves

Kerr and Sarjeant.... have decreased their aves

Castagna and Greenwood.... are 3 pointers.

So who goes if changes are made? But hands must be tied with no ready-made replacements about... Sedgman and Morris could ride pl but both ride on Thursdays. Whilst Cook and B Kurtz already been snapped up from last years PL. What's Rene Bach doing now?

. Yes I do think riders " come on here " and yes I think they DO care and I think they try their hearts out . we all have an opinion Bluepanther , I try to be positive were I can ,good riders don't go bad over night ,we need to continue to support them imo .

Thing is good riders come to Ipswich and go bad over the course of a season! Especially no1s .... look at Doolan , Worrall, Barker and Tungate. Even happening to King now....

What's that all about!?

• Like 1

Practicing his rolling starts? Let's listen to captain pug and support the riders and see if it works. Message to all witches riders, you have my support, now let's see you repay it

No doubting the riders try but sometimes it just don't work, just like doolan, barker.Worrall and so on and so on.

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

As an Ippo fan but from a distance, I can really only go by results & observations. However, I have noted more complaints this season about poor racing & track conditions, maybe if this was rectified the team might (might) do better??

Edited by icicle

I fear it will need to be 'kids in free' to get anything like a decent crowd this saturday.

It's June tomorrow and the fat lady is starting to warm her tonsils.

Bezza

• Like 2

What I never seem to get is that a team above us like the panthers could make a change to bring a rider like cook in but it looks like we would struggle to bring any rider in that would improve the team. I suppose to really strengthen up we would need to make multiple changes.

because the pussycats team total is actually 44.5+ due to making the changes between the dates of Perry gaining a 5.5+ ave instead of his 3 and it becoming effective.

A nuance of the rules - perhaps its one Buster plans to change....

Personally Im not fussed if we make 0 1 or 7 changes and not really bothered if we lose a few more in the rest of 2016 - what I do want is to be entertained in return for my money.

That has has been the real disappointement for me this year over and above any results.

• Like 2

We are delighted you let stefan neilsen go,hes doing agreat job for the devils😊

I know there's much talk of radical changes within the hierarchy and status of Ipswich for next season and with that thought in mind do we really think that there will be anything more than the odd little tweak with the team this year?

I certainly don't, that's for sure!

Greenwood for Ritchings was never going to change anything.

Would having Tungate or Heeps this year have made a difference, Nope.

We don't have a track that anybody seems to like riding, apart from a very select few and for whatever reason they have never been signed up.

As others have said I think we just need to give up on this campaign with the hope that better things are on the horizon for 2017.

Also not forgetting the fact that there may not be be many fans left to actually see us go into this new era, apart from maybe a few of us aging diehards from the glory years!

Sad times at the moment for a once great and powerful speedway team.

I know there's much talk of radical changes within the hierarchy and status of Ipswich for next season and with that thought in mind do we really think that there will be anything more than the odd little tweak with the team this year?

I certainly don't, that's for sure!

Greenwood for Ritchings was never going to change anything.

Would having Tungate or Heeps this year have made a difference, Nope.

We don't have a track that anybody seems to like riding, apart from a very select few and for whatever reason they have never been signed up.

As others have said I think we just need to give up on this campaign with the hope that better things are on the horizon for 2017.

Also not forgetting the fact that there may not be be many fans left to actually see us go into this new era, apart from maybe a few of us aging diehards from the glory years!

Sad times at the moment for a once great and powerful speedway team.

Well said sb, by the way can someone send me a pm regarding next year as clearly I am missing the gig.