British Speedway Forum
Terrace Grumbler

Newcastle Announcement 27 September

Would they announce Worrall R when Somerset are still in thr POs?

Not publicly,,, notice after the Edinburgh match, he didn't enter the crowd, maybe he doesn't like us ;)

I think even more crucially would the people of East Boldon not kick up an almighty stink

Seem to remember, a few 'horsie' folk round them parts, can't see them being best pleased, a wouldn't care, I was warming to the idea, even looked at getting a tunnel pass ;)

I think George will announce the closure of the Gents Toilets as you come into the stadium! :drink: er well maybe not. He could have given us a clue or just said we will be running in 2016. That is my main concern, that we have speedway next year

2016 riders Steve and Richie yes please, Lewi and Lewis yes please if the Kerminator is 100%, fit Tero yes please

Im amazed no one has mentioned the re-staging of the Fours Final? or am i barking up the wrong tree??

Peterborough struggling to agree a date 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Would they announce Worrall R when Somerset are still in thr POs?

If he wants to 'make it' in the sport, he will still be at Somerset next season.

I think even more crucially would the people of East Boldon not kick up an almighty stink

Not that close to residences actually. That is one of the plus points. It won't happen though, up to about four years ago I don't think the Stadium were that interested. Minds (and personnel) may have changed though.

I don't think that the good folk of Newcastle and Redcar have anything to worry about despite Sunderland being the biggest conurbation in the North East.

whys that??

Because he's struggled to adapt to the Oak Tree, even now he doesn't look really comfortable on home shale. His away form has been good though. Finally getting to grips with that will enhance him as a rider.

Riding at Newvastle, a track we all know he can score double figures on week in week out with his eyes shut won't make him a better rider. Just look at Craig Cook.

Edited by Najjer

[quote name="Najjer" post="2683958" timestamp="1442531958"

Riding at Newvastle, a track we all know he can score double figures on week in week out with his eyes shut won't make him a better rider. Just look at Craig Cook.

Don't follow your logic.

Cookie is averaging more away from home than he is at Armadale.

Been this way for the past couple of years at least.

Don't follow your logic.

Cookie is averaging more away from home than he is at Armadale.

Been this way for the past couple of years at least.

"Been this way for the past couple of years at least" - say no more. He hasn't got any better because for him to get better he needed to start riding abroad.

Just read an article from Rob Godfrey saying there is disagreement between promoters about the make up of the PL for next season, and he cant start signing riders till that is sorted out, so you`d think Newcastle will be in the same position regarding riders.

Just read an article from Rob Godfrey saying there is disagreement between promoters about the make up of the PL for next season, and he cant start signing riders till that is sorted out, so you`d think Newcastle will be in the same position regarding riders.

Hasn't stopped Workington signing Wells and Hansen, though?

Well, at least that would suggest that Scunthorpe are running :)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 3

Hasn't stopped Workington signing Wells and Hansen, though?

No your right it hasn't, but if certain changes are made and the points limit lowered they may have to reconsider.

No your right it hasn't, but if certain changes are made and the points limit lowered they may have to reconsider.

I think promotions would be foolish to sign too any riders this year. Len Silver usually has 6 riders signed before the AGM and then tops up the 7th rider when the 42.5 limit is reconfirmed. Bet he doesn't do it this year.

• Like 1

scunny build the teams with reserves in mind ,where as the top teams build with a strong top 5, if the rules change to having 2 brits in reserve then if we sign nike lunna again he will not be a reserve but in the main team on under a 4pt average, same as most to the reserves in the league