British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

If you score 9 from 4 every meeting you have a 9 point average, not 6! If you score 4 or 5 from 4 every meeting you have an average between 4 and 5 and thats what Mason has got twice.

You read his post wrong he said paid 9 so technically he could have 8,7,6 or 5pts depending on how many bonus pts he gets.

But the point is campton wont be getting paid 9 in the no2 position and will never be a strong reserve.

Have I read this wrong, or have you just described Mason Campton as an exceptionally strong reserve?

He'll never be a James holder but he's a trier,and he might surprise us all

congrats to our rubbish rider mason campton on a 2nd placed finish down under ,pushing more established stars into 3rd and 4th . all on a sub 5 point average . :t: sweet.

congrats to our rubbish rider mason campton on a 2nd placed finish down under ,pushing more established stars into 3rd and 4th . all on a sub 5 point average . :t: sweet.

Can score all the points he wants in Aus. It's what he scores and does over here that counts.

• Like 1

Can score all the points he wants in Aus. It's what he scores and does over here that counts.

I actually agree with you for a change blobby

dont worry 2016 is going to be that good a sumer mason will think hes back home and be scoring big points

ha ha

After all the trouble he's caused on here he'd better had score some big points next summer, the eyes of the PL World are upon him!! :D

• Like 1

the rubbish rider has kept this forum ticking over quite nicely.. well done to mason for giving us something to talk about during the close season . we could get an announcement next week or the week after about our final rider . janniro ,kerr ,rummel , my cash is on ashley morris

I have doubted the wisdom of the BSPA deciding to backtrack to a 5 point PL entry average for those riders.

I am also surprised that the UKVI have (it seems) agreed to relent to that figure.

Maybe its due to (as claimed by some within the sport) the alleged shortage of riders, some saying halfway through the 2015 season that little or no cover for injuries, few replacement options for long term injuries and (allegedly) a shortage of riders, many riders already doubling up or already doubling down, all that stuff.

The other thing is the focus more on the scoring average without bonus points, did the previous threshold (of such as a 7 point average) include bonus points(?) and now the 5 point threshold doesn't include bonus points(?). I don't know myself hence the question marks. But if the method of calculation has changed to now exclude bonus points when it previously had included them, then that is also significant as middle order riders tend to rack up more bonus points than a heat leader, so a 6.5 average rider may well have a net average of less than 6 and maybe nearer 5 as a net average without bonus points. So not really comparing like with like. Just a thought.

The inclusion of bonus points is a red herring.

The original 9 point figure being reduced to 7 took care of that change.

We will have to wait for the new full regs to be published to see exactly what the new expectations are - just a couple of months to wait!

The other thing is the focus more on the scoring average without bonus points, did the previous threshold (of such as a 7 point average) include bonus points(?) and now the 5 point threshold doesn't include bonus points(?). I don't know myself hence the question marks. But if the method of calculation has changed to now exclude bonus points when it previously had included them, then that is also significant as middle order riders tend to rack up more bonus points than a heat leader, so a 6.5 average rider may well have a net average of less than 6 and maybe nearer 5 as a net average without bonus points. So not really comparing like with like. Just a thought.

When GSAs included bonus points the qualifying average was 8. From 2006, when bonus points were dropped, it has been 7.

When GSAs included bonus points the qualifying average was 8. From 2006, when bonus points were dropped, it has been 7.

That would make sense, to adjust it for the difference in the calculation. Although I still think 8 including bonus was ridiculously high to be set as a minimum, or 7 excluding bonus as a minimum, just my personal view.

The inclusion of bonus points is a red herring.

The original 9 point figure being reduced to 7 took care of that change.

We will have to wait for the new full regs to be published to see exactly what the new expectations are - just a couple of months to wait!

Yeah 9 didn't seem right, I can't remember it being 9, and seems it was 8 as confirmed by Alan Jones. Although personally I don't agree with it being set at any of those figures as a minimum.

it was once 9 pts for new aussies rusty harrison came in on a 9pt average im sure

it was once 9 pts for new aussies rusty harrison came in on a 9pt average im sure

9 was the assessed average for new riders at one time. What I was quoting was the requirement for returning riders.

9 was the assessed average for new riders at one time. What I was quoting was the requirement for returning riders.

Yes, a difference between: ( A ) an "Assessed" average - for the purposes of team building and team points limits, what a rider is "assessed" as being; and on the other hand ( B ) a minimum standard which shall be attained to facilitate a work permit, two different things, or at least I would expect them to be, hence my own personal view is that the minimum standard that shall be attained otherwise barred from our leagues is to me set too high if it is to act as a minimum and especially if it is a bare average i.e. net excluding bonus points.

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway