British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

Yes, a difference between: ( A ) an "Assessed" average - for the purposes of team building and team points limits, what a rider is "assessed" as being; and on the other hand ( B ) a minimum standard which shall be attained to facilitate a work permit, two different things, or at least I would expect them to be, hence my own personal view is that the minimum standard that shall be attained otherwise barred from our leagues is to me set too high if it is to act as a minimum and especially if it is a bare average i.e. net excluding bonus points.

I'd forgotten the fact that around the turn of the century there was a two tier system with 2nd year riders being given an easier ride than those coming back in subsequent years. In 1999, riders in their 2nd season had to have achieved an average of 5(EL) or 6.5(PL), whereas those coming back for 3rd or later seasons had to have bettered 5(EL) or 8(PL). By 2001 only the latter applied.

got a whiff of something in the air , its not a signing tho .

got a whiff of something in the air , its not a signing tho .

they make Tena for men now you know....
  • Like 1

the only tena i know is the one you can spend ........ how come you know about it ?

the only tena i know is the one you can spend ........ how come you know about it ?

Is that the one you've had in your pocket for ten years, :party:

i make it my aim to help with care in the community. Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Premier League Track of the Year is.....

.....Derwent Park!

Well done to Anthony, David and the rest who produced an excellent surface which resulted in some great racing throughout the year.

So how come we were only second?

Sounds like a sop to the poor trophyless north west!!

you cant have offered enough money for this one

• Like 1

Premier League Track of the Year is.....

.....Derwent Park!

Well done to Anthony, David and the rest who produced an excellent surface which resulted in some great racing throughout the year.

What are these awards judged upon?

Seems reading fans comments about visiting other tracks that Scunthorpe is generally the track that produces by far the best racing in the Premier league but does not make the top 3.

And just a thought the track voted the best in the Premier League was home to the only team to not drop a point all season in the Premier League at home yet failed to make the Play Off's.

Seems very strange to me.

Seems reading fans comments about visiting other tracks that Scunthorpe is generally the track that produces by far the best racing in the Premier league but does not make the top 3.

And just a thought the track voted the best in the Premier League was home to the only team to not drop a point all season in the Premier League at home yet failed to make the Play Off's.

surely its on track preperation and not how good the racing is though?? Rough park 3rd in the world :)
  • Like 2

the voting /points of a certain jim mcgregor were discarded on his visits to derwent park . the riders and referees opinions are the way its done .

well @ least we won 2 trophy's last season . is that more than Glasgow ?

The awards are judged upon the marks given by every referee in every meeting. Scunthorpe have been very successful with this award but this year we were judged the best. I would be interested to hear an impartial observer such as HalifaxTigers view as he has visited numerous times this year to get his opinion, in my humble opinion the second half of the season was the best racing I've seen in my short time involved with the sport with the Glasgow meeting being the highlight, each to their own though.

Can't see that being unbeaten at home has anything to do with it.

Edited by Comet Dan
  • Like 1

Think they are based on preparation rather than quality of racing as Leicester got third in the EL!

Think they are based on preparation rather than quality of racing as Leicester got third in the EL!

Ah fair enough, we should win 2 awards then, for best preparation and great racing! :D