British Speedway Forum
Comet Dan

Workington 2016

SCB are you feeling okay , I know it's nearly Xmas but bloody hell , you have finally made me smile instead of shouting at the IPad

I just say things as I see them and I like the look of the Workington team. Wells is a decent, if not great number 1. I like Vissing and think he's a decent 2nd heat leader. Hanson is as annoying as speedway riders get but get him on a roll with little pressure and I think he'll do well, Proctor was having a good year last year so can't see why he can't carry on from there. Roynon is due another good year and we all know that when he's back in form he can get a 7 point averages. Campton won't be a bad reserve, just a shame that Adam Ellis doesn't have a job again but a similar level Aussie has a job while Matt Williamson is steadily moving in the right direction.

I just say things as I see them and I like the look of the Workington team. Wells is a decent, if not great number 1. I like Vissing and think he's a decent 2nd heat leader. Hanson is as annoying as speedway riders get but get him on a roll with little pressure and I think he'll do well, Proctor was having a good year last year so can't see why he can't carry on from there. Roynon is due another good year and we all know that when he's back in form he can get a 7 point averages. Campton won't be a bad reserve, just a shame that Adam Ellis doesn't have a job again but a similar level Aussie has a job while Matt Williamson is steadily moving in the right direction.

The Adam Ellis situation seems strange to me, Is it possibly a case of him not wanting to ride PL, because he'd be a great signing for any club on his average. I find it hard to believe he isn't being contacted by PL promoters.

Logistically I don't think a move to one of the northern clubs seems to appeal to him, maybe he has other non speedway commitments.

Nice to see Ty Proctor getting a team place after his problems last season.

Workington do look a very capable team, but they seem to do this every year for only to them under achieve.

Maybe the luck is about to change.

Roynon is due another good year and we all know that when he's back in form he can get a 7 point averages. Campton won't be a bad reserve, Matt Williamson is steadily moving in the right direction.

You've said some controversial stuff tonight..... But this is off the map :)

You've said some controversial stuff tonight..... But this is off the map :)

I finished work today for Christmas, I've been drinking. I'll probably regret it tomorrow!

I finished work today for Christmas, I've been drinking. I'll probably regret it tomorrow!

hope you are looking forward to tomorrow morning ! then lol.

On paper, this 1 - 7 has the potential to be the 2016 Champs.

Previous posters reckoned Comets have previously looked good on paper but under achieved on track.

IMO the most significant impediment has been that they have been decimated by injury, often long term.

Given the rough time Cumbria has had with recent floods, and also having a fair minded Promoter, I would be pleased if the Comets take the 2016 PL title.

• Like 6

Very handy team on papaer with heat winners all over the place and rising averages likely from all though Ricky less so at No 1.

Like roynon at reserve and proctor a potential master stroke.

Tough trips to DP likely for all , and especially us without Cookie.

Glad we dont get you in the league cup now either.......

• Like 1

Top tip,,, just do it all again today and regret it tomorrow ;)

• Like 1

Previous posters reckoned Comets have previously looked good on paper but under achieved on track.

IMO the most significant impediment has been that they have been decimated by injury, often long term.

Given the rough time Cumbria has had with recent floods, and also having a fair minded Promoter, I would be pleased if the Comets take the 2016 PL title.

Very kind words Cyclone....,much appreciated :t: Cumbria has a real rough time recently

• Like 1

I also agree with this, ! If it's not Edinburgh then I hope the Comets are champions!

Very good team on paper, fingers crossed for an injury season for your whole 1-7! :)

Hopefully the Comets will avoid their usual injuries that they seem to get every season, damaging any prospect of silverware and finish second behind Newcastle! :P

• Like 1

I also agree with this, ! If it's not Edinburgh then I hope the Comets are champions

If not Glasgow----A.B.E. :t::cheers: