British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

Peterborough Panthers 2016

2 meetings away at Somerset to add to that list, one at Edinburgh,one at scunthorpe.

Yes, yes, I know. But I was referring to Friday HOME meetings.

That was the issue that the BSPA (MC) were claiming was the problem. Or at least Godfrey was.

There have always been, and always will be, clashes when away meetings take place. That applies to every team, not just Panthers.

following on from my reply to Dazpanther:

Godfrey may well have been right when he said that the MC "don't like" riders to double up with teams who have the same nominated race day (not that there's an actual rule covering it though!). And he was pointing at the fact that both BV and Panthers had nominated Friday. So the issue was based on how many of Panthers' HOME meetings would clash with BV's HOME meetings.

And the answer to that was always THREE meetings.

Fri 17 June (Panthers v Scun ; BV v Wolves)

Fri 15 July (Panthers v Berwick - BV v Leic)

Fri 2 Sep (Panthers v Worky ; BV v Cov)

Note, by the way, that Panthers HOME meeting on 29 Aug (Bank Hol Mon) is down to start at 7.30pm, so there's no clash with BV's meeting with Poole, 12pm start.

It's true that Panthers also have some AWAY meeting that will clash with BV's fixtures:

Mon 30 May

Scun v Panthers / Panthers v Ippo

BV v Cov

(note that the KO times mean that Cook would only need to miss the meeting away at Scun)

Thurs 21July

Ippo v Panthers

Swindon v BV

Fri 5 Aug

Somerset v Panthers

Lakeside v BV

But, like I said before, they were never anything to do with the reason given by the BSPA (MC) for refusing to ratify Cook's signing.

How could it be?! Given that we have riders doubling up - and that's another argument! - it's simply not possible to legislate for every day of the week when teams race on different days. They'd ALL get blocked in that case!

Anyway, it's all done & dusted now that Panthers have changed to Sunday as their nominated race-day, and now that they're rearranging some meetings so that there's only one Friday home where there will be a clash with BV.

:t:

Edited by PE7Panther

It'll be interesting to see how many Friday matches there will be at the Showground.

No Cook at Armadale I assume. Monarchs should be forced to change their race night to accomodate him, not unreasonable.

Last time I looked the colts were riding the night of the Panthers being at Edinburgh august 12th

It'll be interesting to see how many Friday matches there will be at the Showground.

If the changes go through and going forward just the one against Berwick in July, although that's just Friday's affecting Cook.

Edited by bigcatdiary

Here's something that might interest you ,Jye Etheridge average shown as 5.00 but also shows with a 5% increase for home matches if injury or illness cover takes him down to 4.92

Is This right, I hear Cookie has been called up again for his Polish team on Sunday.

No he hasn't been recalled.

Cheer up

Oh, just seen that the northern oracle likes that as well. Always good news to see a post devalued further :D

Edited by Crump99

Here's something that might interest you ,Jye Etheridge average shown as 5.00 but also shows with a 5% increase for home matches if injury or illness cover takes him down to 4.92

Sad to say but I'm not surprised.

I don't think anyone checks or double checks anything that lot do.

But a guest on a 4.92 would be a good deal!!

What average would Richard Hall be on?

• Like 1

Easy to see it is a typo - that is Riss's average for home guest replacement.

Alarmingly it was wrong on the previous issue as well!

If the changes go through and going forward just the one against Berwick in July

That's what Berwick understand. Their visit is still to be July 15th.

If the changes go through and going forward just the one against Berwick in July

good to hear as that meeting is part of the Berwick Southern Tour for the Supporters Club

i think you are reading that wrong . always a 5 unless he hits a bit of form and shoot over 5 . you cant knock the %5 off and get a real average for jye . or have i missed something while i was asleep last night ?

Don't worry about it jenga it's just a minor bspa cods up.

Has no bearing on anything.

Just the wrong figure if there was a guest required for him at home.