British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gazc

Glasgow V Plymouth Play Off Qf

Good result for Glasgow.

We'll be through on Sunday as we don't do Peterborough for health and safety reasons.

I've no problem cheering on the auld enemy. I'm just grateful to be into October and still involved and I'm sure Glasgow fans feel the same.

We'd rather give them our cash.

• Like 2

Last night's result gives us a wonderful opportunity to progress . We cant take Plymouth for granted , they're a solid looking side , but we must be favourites now to reach the semi finals .

Riders may know the season runs to end of October, however they dont expect a 3 week hole while teams who are running meaningless local derbies to boost their financies before running the 'official' league matches.

I have some sympathy for Fisher (and Holder) because I believe this match should have been run at an earlier date.

But that doesn't for one second excuse a rider who decides to end his season when his club have fixtures remaining.

Fisher let Plymouth down when they were facing their most important meetings for several seasons and that's totally unacceptable.

• Like 3

You are Spot on about fisher then Mr insighted. it seems you know a lot more than in the dark Lewy, perhaps he needs to go up the Josh more often 😄😄

I wouldn't say that plymfun but it's true I do visit the Josh quite often so maybe I could buy Lewy a beer and we can share our info

I thoroughly enjoyed the meeting between two evenly matched sides just a shame Fisher was missing as I believe Plymouth would then of had a decent lead to take to Glasgow but it's never over until the fat lady sings

Some manager!!!! Cant even get hos No 1 to turn up for a crucial play off meeting. Poor very poor and shows his inexperience and weakness. Strong management would have prevented this weeks ago when it was know Fisher wasnt coming

How ?

Good luck to the Devils. I bet the Plymouth 'knockers' sorry I mean supporters are circling above waiting to strike!! ;)

Here they come !

Feel sorry for Plymouth re Fisher disappearing..

Glasgow clearly favourites now with a probable Glasgow/ Edinburgh final to look forward to

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from their programme (not from updates please) who the rider in yellow was in heat 12 last night please?

Edited by June01

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from their programme (not from updates please) who the rider in yellow was in heat 12 last night please?

I have Sarjeant in yellow.

• Like 1

I have some sympathy for Fisher (and Holder) because I believe this match should have been run at an earlier date.

But that doesn't for one second excuse a rider who decides to end his season when his club have fixtures remaining.

Fisher let Plymouth down when they were facing their most important meetings for several seasons and that's totally unacceptable.

Fully agree with you as usual HT but I still think it goes further.

The speedway season runs until the 31st October. Everyone who rides speedway in the UK knows that. Therefore whether there is a gap of 3 weeks or not should be irrelevant - they have agreed to be there for their club, available for riding, until the 31st of October. Short of family emergency/illness/injury I dont see that there can be any justification, its a breach of contract. Thing is, it happens every year, whether its one or two meaningless challenges at the end of the season or league matches or in this case play off ones. It has never been stamped down on so it is unlikely to make any difference now. Makes you wonder though if Mr Fisher was not counting on his team doing so well this season.....

(As HT knows, I am a big Fisher fan because he is entertaining - just for the record. Here though I believe he is well out of order and has let the Plymouth fans, who have backed him all the way, down very badly)

• Like 2

Ryan fisher has had a mare of a year, started with his wife and kids age 6 and 8 being arrested and held in custody when they tried to come into uk on a valid EU Visa. The kids werte actually in custody at the airport for some 12 hours and were very upset by it. They were then allowed into UK for 3 months and so had to return to US at the end of that time, although I suppose they could have gone to Poland where they couldnt speak the language. Comr the play offs, Ryan would have to remain in the UK for 3 weeks with all the expenses but NO income because iof the way it was so called organised. Over those 3 weeks he would have been spending his air fare home without knowing if he was going to get 2 meetings 4 or 6 . It could have resulted in being stranded in the UK flat broke or he could go back to US to sort his family problems. Over the past 3 tears the Fisher family have really suffered at the hands of UKVI Give them a break

• Like 1

are you saying that no one else ever has any problems? the Fisher visa problems were known about well in advance - ask the Coventry fans who helped them out previously. You say they have had problems over the last 3 years - perhaps that should tell you something. It should certainly have made them find out about the requirements in detail. Certain Aussie riders have had VISA problems, their issues only happened once though as once they were aware of them they have made sure they didnt happen again even though in some cases they had to sit a year out from the UK. Plenty workers in other types of employment have to abide by the process if they wish to bring their families too. Bluntly as well, the family side is also nothing to do with the agreement for Ryan Fisher to ride for Plymouth

If I sign a contract to be available for work until a specific date then it is MY responsibility to ensure I am available, have the necessary VISA paperwork in place and that I budget accordingly. As already stated, every rider knows that speedway in the UK runs until 31st of October as do riders contracts. Why should I 'give them a break'? Perhaps they should be more respectful of what is needed when they have fallen foul of the regulations the last 3 years? Perhaps they should make sure their paperwork is in order as any other foreign worker has a duty to do? Why should they be a special case? Ryan Fisher signed a contract for Ryan Fisher to be available up until the 31st October. Ryan Fisher should have honoured that contract - after all he was happy enough to when it suited him.

• Like 3