British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

Not sure why all this nastiness by people towards Zagar. He was in hospital (Fact) and is still having blood drained from his hip/groin (fact)

I'm sure Belle Vue would love to have him on Monday but it's more important that he heals.

For 2 weeks he has been injured for BV but able to ride on the continent. If he rides in the GP this weekend that will be 3 weeks and if he doesn't ride on Monday I really don't think BV should have a facility for him. If he is injured then that's fine - don't ride anywhere. If he is withholding his services (which is in effect what he is doing) then he should get a ban and BV should get a facility or why not just ride?

Is that a serious question..??

Yes I do comprehend that, however on this occasion there has been no rule breaking, bending or manipulating. Dak was replaced by a lower average rider so there was no guarantee that Eddie would score more. In addition he's not even riding in the EL full time this year so on face value we replaced an EL heat leader with a PL heat leader. So again, where's the cheating?

In fact I challenge anyone to explain and provide evidence on how Poole 'cheated' on this occasion. Good luck!

Mmmm...and I suppose O J Simpson didn't murder his wife either... :P

• Like 1

For 2 weeks he has been injured for BV but able to ride on the continent. If he rides in the GP this weekend that will be 3 weeks and if he doesn't ride on Monday I really don't think BV should have a facility for him. If he is injured then that's fine - don't ride anywhere. If he is withholding his services (which is in effect what he is doing) then he should get a ban and BV should get a facility or why not just ride?

It's nothing new when a rider rides the GP and misses the elite league.

A challenge? No just common sense...

Never have I read such rubbish from deluded posters as I have on this subject. You come on here preaching the gospel according to Saint Matt Ford, as though he is the greatest person to walk this earth. So let me assure you, he is no saint in my eyes. Because of his previous history and stunts he pulled, he is a person I dislike intensely. He don’t give a damn about the sport or the people he offends. His only concern is Matt Ford and Poole speedway. Sod anyone else who gets in his way.

This latest stunt is amazing, in that the BSPA and the MC have allowed it to happen. A Speedway Rider is not like any other profession, he is self-employed and his sole aim is to ride bikes. The replacement rules are quite explicit, and everyone expects riders to race every match, that is with the exception of when injured or incapacitated. That’s how it has always been. For Poole to be given a facility to use a guest when his rider is not injured, will now set a president for the future and riders will be able to withdraw from any meeting they don’t feel up to. Yeah, I know he was given a ‘Doctor’s Certificate’, but they’re 10 a penny and mean nothing. When I go to our local Surgery, there’s a list inside the door of all the costings of various certificates. The simple plain one from the Doctor cost £18.50, and industrial one costs £35.00. It’s purely a money spinner and means nothing.

I wonder how long it will be before we hear, Sorry fans, ‘Rider A’ had a real bad Headache, and the Doctor advised him not to fly, But don’t worry we have someone else, ‘Rider B’ taking his place in the team. Before long, teams will be able to field who they like, and whatever fans left, will have no connection with them at all. Thank Matt Ford for that……

The said accident to North Sen. is unfortunate, and I feel for the family. But if Ford wanted to show compassion, he could have rested Dakota and brought in a PL 6pointers for the 2nd leg against Coventry’s depleted side. Everyone would have applauded him for his gesture. But this is Matt Ford we are talking about. He has no compassion, he cares nothing of how Dakota was feeling. All Matt Ford was concerned about was his lack of scoring in the first leg. Bringing in Kennett was corrupt and bent the rules, from what they were intended, but it added illegal strength to the side. This point was highlighted when…. Mildo, the puppet that he is, was asked ‘Would Kennett be riding in the final’ he replied we haven’t decided yet, Not we will wait to see how North is feeling……

Any rider, Dakota North included, will always want to ride a bike. They know nothing else. It becomes second nature to them. Every rider who experiences problems will tell you they need to get back on the bike SAP. If North had received bad news, he would have wanted to ride, just to get away from the traumas inside his head. Make no mistake, Ford did what Ford wanted and had nothing to do with the feeling of Dakota. He was used merely as an excuse…..

A speedway supporter of many years, I have the utmost respect for all riders, including those at Poole. It is a wonderful sport that creates much excitement. Poole was once a genuine club that everyone respected, but not anymore. Ford has seen to that. Every other speedway supporter in the land feels the same way towards them, and they can’t all be wrong. We have been called Idiots, we have been called Jealous, in fact we have been called many uncouth names. But it doesn’t matter. It’s such a pity that Fords disciples can see no further than the end of their noses, because they would then all see the wrongs he contently does…

I don’t tar all the Poole supporters with the same brush……… But they’re a bloody lot I do…

And there you have it...and as you say it yourself 'the BSPA allowed it to happen' for one reason, and that reason is because it's within the current rules! Your beef should be with the BSPA NOT Matt Ford or Poole Speedway ON THIS OCCASION.

It cannot be made any clearer.

And for the record you have posted absolutely nothing that proves any cheating took place. That is what I challenged anyone to do, and the reason I did that was because Poole have been labelled as cheats by the ill informed among you.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

We're not in the playoffs

He said reaching the playoffs and he is correct nobody from poole /Swindon/Belle vue /Cov can guest in playoffs

Comprehension is clearly a problem. I am not and have not challenged the veracity of the North situation. If you look back at my posts you will find I said we should wait until evidence was forthcoming before forming an opinion. The point I am trying to make and which I am sure most grasp, is that you cannot blame people being suspicious of an organisation which, by your own admission, has done things in the past which justify that suspicion. It is the organizational which is to blame not those who subsequently question their credibility. That does not mean that I approve of the more childish and extreme comments, they are not justified.

As for North, it is not my opinion that he was out of form, his recent scores prove it.

Firstly, the past has no bearing on the North situation. Would somebody in court, say up for theft, be given a guilty verdict just because they had previous convictions? No they would not. Comprendez vous?

Firstly, the past has no bearing on the North situation. Would somebody in court, say up for theft, be given a guilty verdict just because they had previous convictions? No they would not. Comprendez vous?

No but it would definetly be taken into consideration.

A challenge? No just common sense...

Never have I read such rubbish from deluded posters as I have on this subject. You come on here preaching the gospel according to Saint Matt Ford, as though he is the greatest person to walk this earth. So let me assure you, he is no saint in my eyes. Because of his previous history and stunts he pulled, he is a person I dislike intensely. He don’t give a damn about the sport or the people he offends. His only concern is Matt Ford and Poole speedway. Sod anyone else who gets in his way.

This latest stunt is amazing, in that the BSPA and the MC have allowed it to happen. A Speedway Rider is not like any other profession, he is self-employed and his sole aim is to ride bikes. The replacement rules are quite explicit, and everyone expects riders to race every match, that is with the exception of when injured or incapacitated. That’s how it has always been. For Poole to be given a facility to use a guest when his rider is not injured, will now set a president for the future and riders will be able to withdraw from any meeting they don’t feel up to. Yeah, I know he was given a ‘Doctor’s Certificate’, but they’re 10 a penny and mean nothing. When I go to our local Surgery, there’s a list inside the door of all the costings of various certificates. The simple plain one from the Doctor cost £18.50, and industrial one costs £35.00. It’s purely a money spinner and means nothing.

I wonder how long it will be before we hear, Sorry fans, ‘Rider A’ had a real bad Headache, and the Doctor advised him not to fly, But don’t worry we have someone else, ‘Rider B’ taking his place in the team. Before long, teams will be able to field who they like, and whatever fans left, will have no connection with them at all. Thank Matt Ford for that……

The said accident to North Sen. is unfortunate, and I feel for the family. But if Ford wanted to show compassion, he could have rested Dakota and brought in a PL 6pointers for the 2nd leg against Coventry’s depleted side. Everyone would have applauded him for his gesture. But this is Matt Ford we are talking about. He has no compassion, he cares nothing of how Dakota was feeling. All Matt Ford was concerned about was his lack of scoring in the first leg. Bringing in Kennett was corrupt and bent the rules, from what they were intended, but it added illegal strength to the side. This point was highlighted when…. Mildo, the puppet that he is, was asked ‘Would Kennett be riding in the final’ he replied we haven’t decided yet, Not we will wait to see how North is feeling……

Any rider, Dakota North included, will always want to ride a bike. They know nothing else. It becomes second nature to them. Every rider who experiences problems will tell you they need to get back on the bike SAP. If North had received bad news, he would have wanted to ride, just to get away from the traumas inside his head. Make no mistake, Ford did what Ford wanted and had nothing to do with the feeling of Dakota. He was used merely as an excuse…..

A speedway supporter of many years, I have the utmost respect for all riders, including those at Poole. It is a wonderful sport that creates much excitement. Poole was once a genuine club that everyone respected, but not anymore. Ford has seen to that. Every other speedway supporter in the land feels the same way towards them, and they can’t all be wrong. We have been called Idiots, we have been called Jealous, in fact we have been called many uncouth names. But it doesn’t matter. It’s such a pity that Fords disciples can see no further than the end of their noses, because they would then all see the wrongs he contently does…

I don’t tar all the Poole supporters with the same brush……… But they’re a bloody lot I do…

I've asked this question before, but aside from the circumstances leading up to the certificate being different, why was Josh G given 'compassionate leave' based on a medical certificate after the Kerr crash?? Because his 'head wasn't straight and he was upset'! I suppose Matt Ford arranged that too??!

That is not strictly true. There is such a thing as similar fact evidence. If someone has used a similar method to commit a crime previously then that can be used as evidence against him and he could be convicted because of it.

However, we are not talking about legal proceedings but general situations. If, as you believe about Poole, an organisation has done things in the past which cast doubt on their behaviour then it is perfectly reasonable for people to take that into account when trying to decide whether they think they have acted fairly in a more recent matter. If someone comes to your door and explains why they have done something which affects you and you later have reason to question what they said and did, you are certainly going to be more circumspect the next time they do something. Many would say it would be foolish to do otherwise.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

So Belle Vue - not exactly 'pure as the driven snow' in previous incidents - shouldn't have got a facility for Josh G then?????

Or like MF merely operating within the rules!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

That is not strictly true. There is such a thing as similar fact evidence. If someone has used a similar method to commit a crime previously then that can be used as evidence against him and he could be convicted because of it.

However, we are not talking about legal proceedings but general situations. If, as you believe about Poole, an organisation has done things in the past which cast doubt on their behaviour then it is perfectly reasonable for people to take that into account when trying to decide whether they think they have acted fairly in a more recent matter. If someone comes to your door and explains why they have done something which affects you and you later have reason to question what they said and did, you are certainly going to be more circumspect the next time they do something. Many would say it would be foolish to do otherwise.

My point was that someone cannot be convicted of a crime purely based upon past misdemeanours. Therefore why should Matt Ford's colourful (for want of a better word) past mean that in this instance he has followed the same route?

I notice that nobody has mentioned the BSPA's involvement in all of this...

As they are the rule makers and ratified the use of Eddie (thus absolving Matt Ford from any cheating, wrong doing, underhand tactics, call it what you like) they are the ones you and all the others should be hammering!

I've asked this question before, but aside from the circumstances leading up to the certificate being different, why was Josh G given 'compassionate leave' based on a medical certificate after the Kerr crash?? Because his 'head wasn't straight and he was upset'! I suppose Matt Ford arranged that too??!

Surely it depends on what the certificate says and the circumstances. There is a world of difference between being directly (although innocently ) involved in an accident in which a riders nearly dies and literally seeing his life saved by a medic before your very eyes, which would be enough to shake anyone, and a family member being injured on the other side of the world in what was admitted to be a serious but non-life threatening injury.

As GRW 123 says we all know that the medical certificate system is abused by all clubs at times. The cause for suspicion his that Ford has a history as long as your arm of different kinds of stunts, many of which have already been listed on this thread.

• Like 2

No but it would definetly be taken into consideration.

See my response to Aces51 above :t:

Surely it depends on what the certificate says and the circumstances. There is a world of difference between being directly (although innocently ) involved in an accident in which a riders nearly dies and literally seeing his life saved by a medic before your very eyes, which would be enough to shake anyone, and a family member being injured on the other side of the world in what was admitted to be a serious but non-life threatening injury.

As GRW 123 says we all know that the medical certificate system is abused by all clubs at times. The cause for suspicion his that Ford has a history as long as your arm of different kinds of stunts, many of which have already been listed on this thread.

Do we? Where is your proof? You only know what the club involved chooses to tell you. In this instance Matt Ford has been about as transparent as he can be.

My point was that someone cannot be convicted of a crime purely based upon past misdemeanours. Therefore why should Matt Ford's colourful (for want of a better word) past mean that in this instance he has followed the same route?

I notice that nobody has mentioned the BSPA's involvement in all of this...

As they are the rule makers and ratified the use of Eddie (thus absolving Matt Ford from any cheating, wrong doing, underhand tactics, call it what you like) they are the ones you and all the others should be hammering!

But everyone knows that the BSPA is a clique. A bunch of guys ,who, if you are "in" you get everything you want, and if you are "out" then the opposite applies. We are also very aware which side Matt Ford fits, so that tends to pour cold water on your theory in my opinion.