British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Posf2 Poole V Coventry

So Poole Speedway choose to use the phrase 'compassionate grounds' in a press release, yet some on here are still insisting that doctor/patient confidentiality should be breached just to satisfy a few deluded forum users!!!

Yet again my mind goes back to that Echo headline in June - "YOU LOST, GET OVER IT!" :wink:

No. Once again you are reading something that isn't there. Doctor / patient cnfidentiality is not the issue . Even if a doctors certificate were produced it makes no difference the ithe bone of contention here. We all know how little doctors certificates mean in Speedwáy and we have all seen occasions for example when a rider rides in Poland on Sunday, then has a doctors certificate to say he is unfit to ride In GB on Monday then remarkably becomes fit to ride in Sweden on Tuaesday. We have all seen many variarions on the same theme, not just for Poole but various other clubs so most fans take a doctors certificate with a massive pinch of salt.

Thes basic facts that are relevant to the discussion are these :

1. North appears to be in a run of poor form. For example when he came to Lakeside in Msy he finished in two races and won them both. When he came at the end of Augusr he had three rides , all he beat was a PL reserve and an N L rider, then refused to come out for his last ride.

2.At Coventry in the Semi he fails to score. The Speedwáy updates site reports that he was involved with one races with Lindgren described as "top drawer Speedwáy" . Not what you would expect from an rider whose head is in the wrong place but we are told its due to an accident to his father.

3. Not disputed that Mr North senior had a serious accident ant if Dak received the news that day or the night before it might be on his mind , and quite possibly affected his racing.

4. The issue really arises because of Matt Fords past reputation. Hardly anybody outside of Poole and some from Poole would dispute the fact Ford is more than capable of moanipulating the situation to his advantage if it suited him. we don't know what the injury to Daks father was so we really don't know whether the compassionate leave was genuine or just a ploy to get an in form replacement in. The Joe Screen episode in 2009 is a classic example of this's.

5 Nobody is demanding doctors notes but it is very strange that we are fed the line that it was a 12 hour operation but no details of the injury. Far better that no details at all should be given....

The real root of the problem is Fords past behaviour. People now regard his every move as suspicious, . Whatever you say or however you twist it blue tint brigade will take one view, others will take another view. Calling people Poole haters and other names is not going to change anything. Very few fans hate Poole or any other club, but most fans who have concerns about falling attendance and the future of the sport can see the damage that this sort of cloak and dagger stuff does.

I can't put it any more succinctly than that.. We will have to agree to disagree but don't blind yourself to the damage these things do to the sport.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 5

when did dak's fathers accident take place, horton says 3 weeks ago

And who listens to anything he says!

Person to ask is Dak obviously.

Horton must go to Mdmc for his info I reckon 😆 Edited by Rob VDS

Hardly. From this week's Speedway Star;

The rider admits he has been given little information about Rod's condition. He said : "My dad is still in hospital. He probably has another two or three weeks there. He has had a few operations, but he's recovering, so that's a good thing. I'm not too sure what happened. I haven't been told. He just had an accident at work with some machinery. They haven't been able to keep me in the loop much - I'm so far away and it's kind of hard. But, he's on the mend, so that's the main thing."

The rider admits he has been given little information about Rod's condition. He said : "My dad is still in hospital. He probably has another two or three weeks there. He has had a few operations, but he's recovering, so that's a good thing. I'm not too sure what happened. I haven't been told. He just had an accident at work with some machinery. They haven't been able to keep me in the loop much - I'm so far away and it's kind of hard. But, he's on the mend, so that's the main thing."

Thanks for that but we were talking about when it happened about not what the injury was..

They haven't been able to keep me in the loop much - I'm so far away and it's kind of hard. But, he's on the mend, so that's the main thing."

Seems amazing that in this day and age with the internet, Iphones, emails, texts etc., a son can't be kept in the loop. :neutral:

• Like 5

And we are supposed to believe all that. So he was too upset to race yet he doesn't know what happened or what his condition is!? To claim that he is so far away that they haven't been able to keep him in the loop is just ridiculous! Somebody needs to tell him about telephones, e-mail, Twitter, Facebook etc etc

Is somebody going to look into this....it stinks!

• Like 2

And we are supposed to believe all that. So he was too upset to race yet he doesn't know what happened or what his condition is!? To claim that he is so far away that they haven't been able to keep him in the loop is just ridiculous! Somebody needs to tell him about telephones, e-mail, Twitter, Facebook etc etc

Is somebody going to look into this....it stinks!

Somebody needs to move on. Everyone knows there's no signal on that golf course!! Jeeez :wink::nono:

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

'im not sure what happened , ive not been told' says dakota north, .....so a doctors note for something knew little about or not been told?

Edited by heathen chemistry
  • Like 1

Awful for Dakota that his family don't even let him know what the situation is.

• Like 1

Ok Mr traffic warden - what rules were broken? Why do you keep going on about it - it's history - you know nothing for sure (and why should you?) but you still can't accept it. Well get this - it doesn't matter if you don't accept it because the speedway authorities did. Do us all a favour and stop moaning about it and gogglegate because it's frankly boring now - shoulda, woulda, coulda - it's history and as the song goes "Let it go..."

• Like 1

A truly heartless bunch. Unless of course they're some sort of Amish folk, in which case the lack of technology may be understandable.

What isn't understandable is why they'd tell him his dad was injured, but not exactly how or by how much - maybe they're making North play some sort of guessing game, a kind of injury related Cleudo - 'Was it his hand in the threshing machine in a barn?' etc etc.

• Like 2