British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

It happening again. Poole fans defending rule breaking? Why not just say, "you know what, he did break the rules. I doubt he meant to, he was just being foolhardy/brave and that's why we love him. But I can see he broke the rules".

If Poole fans cannot accept this clear cut breaking of rules then we have no hope of reasonable discussion with them at other times. Nobody is saying Poole are cheats for this, nobody is saying they should be excessively punished but what some of us are saying is that it's not fair on BV. Poole broke the rules and have potentially gotten away with it. Even if the BSPA/SCB amend the result they'll only take away Kyles 2 points, they won't give the 2 points to BV (how stupid is that rule? and I DONT blame Poole for this). There also the fact that had he ben excluded Middlo would have put him off 15 metres and who knows what may have happened. Still possibly a 5-1, but with Starke off a different gate it's not impossible that BV could have got a 5-1. By not knowing the rules/noticing the referees has messed this up for BV. It's ok saying "who can know all the rules" - well a referee?! And TBH, theres not that many racing rules.

So in short, I have no issue with Poole, I actually have huge respect for Kyle for doing in really. But it's wrong, the race should not have started and Kyle should have been excluded.

Entirely agree with you, he should have been excluded but apparently the rules don't allow the result to be changed, i can't see how that is possible, loads of meetings have had their scores adjusted although in this case it could be argued that Newman was so good on the night he could have won from 15 metres had he not had to ride with shale being thrown in his face!

• Like 1

I agree but I do not agree they deserve booing through a meeting from start to finish.

Even the most memorable rivalries of Cradley Heath and Wolves were never as bad as that and Poole and Belle Vue are not even rivals.

Sorry but do not agree with it.

Also, please don't lie to try and prove a point, it only makes your post look more foolish.

Cradley/Wolves meetings were FULL of booing the opposition. Last night was tame in comparison.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

was peter Collins putting riders at risk when he completed a race with a broken handlebar? or when riders lose a steel shoe?

Only if it was in the rulebook! :wink:

Here we go again...................anyone who actually watched what was going on could clearly see that Kyle had a problem with his goggles.............the start marshall tried to help him but could not..............the alternative was to go back to the pits and be excluded for two minutes as I believe he could not be brought a pair of goggles to the start line as that is also against the rules I believe.........no outside assistance when at the tapes...................

Oh but then again it is Poole and everyone will conveniently forget about Worrall staying down in heat two when he could have cleared the track............

RP

RP, it's in the rule book so it's nothing against having a go at Poole.

I believe Poole will have the 2 points removed before Wednesday, and rightly so.

That's the same if it was the Aces or any other team.

• Like 1

Do we know if BV have tried to put a protest in? If they haven't even tried, then definitely won't get changed!

• Like 1

Why aren't referees at all tracks in radio contact with the Start Marshalls?? They are at Poole and I thought it was a requirement everywhere?! Obviously not!!

Poole setting the standard again?! (In Lemo's own words -'Poole are the benchmark'). Hopefully they will have that sorted at the new stadium.

Is the second or 3rd BV coach for Wednesday now filled after Poole allowed the score to get closer? Business is business after all!!!

Anyway well done to both teams and lets hope Poole put in a similar performance to the semi-final win v Coventry and the 53-40 win against BV's full 1-7 last month.

Kacper has lost a lot of skin 'at the top of his leg', so hopefully will be repaired - along with his machinery - for Wednesday.

Only if it was in the rulebook! :wink:

RP, it's in the rule book so it's nothing against having a go at Poole.

I believe Poole will have the 2 points removed before Wednesday, and rightly so.

That's the same if it was the Aces or any other team.

I don't deny its in the rule book..............all I am saying is that if the start marshall and the referee did not do anything about it how can they change things at this stage.............

RP

I don't deny its in the rule book..............all I am saying is that if the start marshall and the referee did not do anything about it how can they change things at this stage.............

RP

But if we're throwing "hows, whats and whys" around. How is it fair that just because a referee is inept that BV should lose out? While it's entirely possibly that Kyle could have come from 15 metres, he was the one who was in the wrong so should on balance be the one who loses out, not the 100% innocent BV.

As I said above, the issue here is the referee has balls-up, he is the one I have an issue with!

RP

It can and it should.

Lots of results have been changed due to a rule break after the meeting.

Assuming belle vue complained then there is no reason why the result won't be amended before the 2nd leg.

Also, please don't lie to try and prove a point, it only makes your post look more foolish.

Cradley/Wolves meetings were FULL of booing the opposition. Last night was tame in comparison.

Not when I went. The odd riders and dirty riding perhaps but not the whole meeting and besides noone has spoken about the fantastic atmosphere. Not exactly Wembley if you ask me.

And how would you know what the rivalry was like back then. I bet I was watching speedway before you grandfather and grandmother replaced the Bible with the Kama Sutra in their bedside table.

Not when I went. The odd riders and dirty riding perhaps but not the whole meeting and besides noone has spoken about the fantastic atmosphere. Not exactly Wembley if you ask me.

And how would you know what the rivalry was like back then. I bet I was watching speedway before you grandfather and grandmother replaced the Bible with the Kama Sutra in their bedside table.

You clearly haven't been anytime since 1984 then if you claim there wasn't booing during Wolves/Cradley meetings.

As for 'not exactly Wembley' regarding last nights meeting.. of what relevance is that?

There are many people who have spoken about the atmosphere last night.. there is only ONE person on the thread, YOU who claims otherwise.

• Like 1

"3.4.3 c. A Protest (which may initially be verbal with a promise to pay the fee) concerning a specific Heat must be made before the start of the next Heat."

If Lemo is correct on twitter and he DID question it straight away, as long as BV pay the fee they CAN appeal this.

But if we're throwing "hows, whats and whys" around. How is it fair that just because a referee is inept that BV should lose out? While it's entirely possibly that Kyle could have come from 15 metres, he was the one who was in the wrong so should on balance be the one who loses out, not the 100% innocent BV.

As I said above, the issue here is the referee has balls-up, he is the one I have an issue with!

Ok thats fine, if BV get the 2 points taken away and we win the 2nd leg fair and square, then i would hope you and all the other Poole haters will be congratulating us. But i won't be holding my breath.

Problem is with you lot, you hate us sooo much that even in a situation like this you will turn it into a Poole problem, when its clearly down to the start marshall and referee. They are the ones at fault. Nobody else.

"3.4.3 c. A Protest (which may initially be verbal with a promise to pay the fee) concerning a specific Heat must be made before the start of the next Heat."
If Lemo is correct on twitter and he DID question it straight away, as long as BV pay the fee they CAN appeal this.

I believe you are correct but whether it gets changed or not is a different scenario!!

Maybe Belle Vue should have protested about Dakota North's hair too:

"12.4 The Rider’s hair and neck between the Helmet and the suit must be covered; scarves or neckerchiefs must not trail so as to be a possible source of danger."

• Like 1

SCB is correct, I've been anal enough to check the rules re Start Marshalls and they do not have any obligation to ensure riders are correctly equipped except to ensure cut outs are in place rule 14.12.

ive had a message fron a mate suggesting Newmans cut out was not correctly in place as well as the missing goggles.

Not in a position to check the footage so cant comment further on it.

Anybody able to look at Sky coverage to ratify or otherwise.....