British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

His strap broke, whats he suposed to do, go back to the pits and get excluded..

in a nutshell yes.

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

Yes. Thats exactly what is meant to happen. What do you think is meant to happen?

Ah just to suit you. Well he made the right decision, much to the discust of you sad bunch. As i said, you might have gotten over it by March..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Ah just to suit you. Well he made the right decision, much to the discust of you sad bunch. As i said, you might have gotten over it by March..

He didn't make the right decision. The rule clearly state, without any ambiguity, that rider have to wear goggles.

In sport, the Americans like the word momentum and I believe that the last three heats saw a momentum shift towards The Aces. Our riders are more than capable of winning at Wimborne Road and with Honest Ron as track curator, maybe Poole will suffer with track conditions not being to their liking. Gomolski has been scoring well for Poole and if he is suffering from his fall, the door might be open for us to take full advantage of.

Hopefully the reserves will perform to their full capability tomorrow - if they do, we have a great chance.

• Like 1

Having not read all of the posts on here it's quite obvious Newman did breech the regulations regarding use of goggles and some punishment should be applied, however as we all know the Poole management dictate the rules of speedway and make them up as they go along so absolutely nothing whatsoever will be done.

There's no point in it being debated further.

All I hope is the 2nd leg isn't too one sided and we get some decent Speedway to end the Elite league season.

His punishment is to clean the goggles of everyone in the BV team! :rofl:

I think it was a stupid thing to do and it could have ended badly. However, it has happened and its finished with - now we can talk about how many points Poole are going to win by tomorrow - or will BV come up trumps :wink:

Edited by Steve0

Going to miss most of this live tomorrow, so my dilemma is whether to watch the end or wait until the repeat and get the whole shebang - pre match pontificating / bust ups included.

Only caught up with this today. Couple of thoughts. Is Nigel Pearson trying to compete with himself to call a race as early as possible? Last night he was calling 5-1's before they'd got out of the second bend. Soon they'll be on the green light and he'll be telling us if it stays like this it will be a 3-3.

The starts were shocking all night. When Nicholls got excluded the first rider to move (imo) was Magic, but he was the only one of the 4 who didn't touch the tapes. Should it not be an unsatisfactory start rather than an exclusion? So many riders are jumping the tapes but not hitting them, does that not show that the starting marshalls are letting them sit too far back?

Surely it's time to give the ref the chance to declare a race at any point in the race if he feels it's a "professional foul" and then fine riders who do what Worrall did last night in Heat 2. I suppose the downside is the punters miss out on a race, but I hate seeing cheats prosper.

Glad the Aces recovered to make it a match, but reckon Poole will hammer them tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yes. Thats exactly what is meant to happen. What do you think is meant to happen?

yep he should of gone back to pit gate and signalled to the team for some new goggles quite simple, or signalled to someone to run and bring him a new pair out ...

if the 2 mins happened to expire tough those are the rules

Well if Lemon did tell the ref about the goggles before heat 12 the ref needs a fine and a ban I think.If he didn't exclude him before the race,he had the option to exclude him after the race.He messed up on both accounts ;)

Let us just get on with the Speedway 2nd leg ... It starts at 1930 tomorrow......all this back biting and sniping between supporters from whichever side is a pain in the posteria .

Just on a side note, the same referee excluded a rider in the first heat at Belle Vue, a few years ago. Essentially it cost us the meeting. He then stated after the meeting that he made a mistake and apologised for it... It still cost us the match

• Like 1

Let us just get on with the Speedway 2nd leg ... It starts at 1930 tomorrow......all this back biting and sniping between supporters from whichever side is a pain in the posteria .

Just on a side note, the same referee excluded a rider in the first heat at Belle Vue, a few years ago. Essentially it cost us the meeting. He then stated after the meeting that he made a mistake and apologised for it... It still cost us the match

Like your post about lets get on with the 2nd leg,and all the back biting is a pain in the ar*e.

But you had to have a dig about the ref fom last night :lol:

• Like 1

Just to say how friendly the Aces fans were last night. Bit of banter, only to be expected, but nothing like the vitriol on this forum.

Then again that is mainly from supporters of other clubs.

Good luck with the new stadium guys and gals. Shame the old H & S put the kibosh on the track walk.

• Like 4

Having not read all of the posts on here it's quite obvious Newman did breech the regulations regarding use of goggles and some punishment should be applied, however as we all know the Poole management dictate the rules of speedway and make them up as they go along so absolutely nothing whatsoever will be done.

Total bollocks and not even funny

There's no point in it being debated further.

Agreed

All I hope is the 2nd leg isn't too one sided and we get some decent Speedway to end the Elite league season.

Wasn't meant to be funny, some people are very touchy, mind you they do say the truth hurts!