British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

I want to point out 2 positives from the Sky coverage of the play-offs:

1) Exciting racing over 30 heats of the final and the semi-finals

2) Full stadiums - nice to see on the TV

• Like 8

I see Kyle Newman threw his goggles in to the crowd as 'a bit of fun' last night.

Lack of class and respect there i think.

Jesus Christ cheer up man!!

From what i saw and hear it was 100% taken as a laugh by the BV fans and many a laugh was had

• Like 3

Its a shame that gogglegate is overshadowing the final. The SCB are truly incompetent, a decision should've been made before last night but now it will be swept under the carpet.

I dont really think anyone gives any creedence to Gogglegate TBH . If it were any other team than Poole there may be doubt about the outcome. Assuming there is any enquiry of course, the result will be in Pooles favour , so not really overshadowing anything In the minds of those not wearing Poole coloured specs .

Its a shame that gogglegate is overshadowing the final. The SCB are truly incompetent, a decision should've been made before last night but now it will be swept under the carpet.

It obviously was, and a reply was not required other than to BV. Move on, nothing to see here.

Golden heat deciders are rubbish.

The home rider will always have the advantage. I watched the decider when Peter Collins beat Anders Michanek at Hyde Road in 1973. Although Peter was a great rider, I have always wondered if the result would have been the same at Tilehurst, home of the Racers. Sadly this was not possible because the stadium was already being demolished.

Don't know what Golden heats you go to, but modern Golden heats are two riders for both sides till a heat advantage is made.

• Like 2

No it's not - and only a few on here keep mentioning it! Poole are champions - you just better get used to it!

How wrong you are, yet again.

There are many, many fans up and down the country who are mentioning it and are disgusted by it.

Yet again, some folk fail to understand how the incompetence of these things does damage to the sport.

All that was required was a statement from the SCB prior to the meeting. Even if they said the result from the 1st leg would not be changed, that would have been it. As it is, they chose to be incompetent and leave the door open for allegations once again.

It's a complete shame as it was a fantastic final and displayed everything that is good about speedway.

Congratulations to Poole on their success. I've really grown to like Magic Janowski and he stepped up to the plate again last night.. however without a doubt the big hero was Kacper Gomolski.. someone who a 'few' Poole fans wanted out some time ago.. 1pt from his first two rides, then came out and won his next two. Those were the rides that effectively won Poole the meeting.

It obviously was, and a reply was not required other than to BV. Move on, nothing to see here.

A typical uneducated blind response that so many who have been involved in the sport come out with.

Total lack of understanding, total lack of respect for the speedway fan.

THIS is the kind of attitude that has helped the decline of the sport in this country.

• Like 3

well done to the Pirates who on paper are the champions but the real champions are the Aces.

Also full credit to Cook who was by far the most consistant rider over the two legs.

Let's see what they engrave on the trophy then. :approve:

Are you sure?

Bitterness is an ugly trait.

I thought that was just to give a lucky fan a souvenir...much in the same way Magic (tried LOL!)) to do with his goggles and gloves. I thought I saw Kacper do the same too...

Agreed. Some folks will will pick on anything, and they only end up looking like losers. :P

• Like 1

They certainly should have!!!!! One wonders if the boot had been on the other foot .....

This is the bit that grates... Had roles been reversed the SCB would have docked his points there and then 😕

There are many, many fans up and down the country who are mentioning it and are disgusted by it.

Yet again, some folk fail to understand how the incompetence of these things does damage to the sport.

All that was required was a statement from the SCB prior to the meeting. Even if they said the result from the 1st leg would not be changed, that would have been it. As it is, they chose to be incompetent and leave the door open for allegations once again.

It's a complete shame as it was a fantastic final and displayed everything that is good about speedway.

Congratulations to Poole on their success. I've really grown to like Magic Janowski and he stepped up to the plate again last night.. however without a doubt the big hero was Kacper Gomolski.. someone who a 'few' Poole fans wanted out some time ago.. 1pt from his first two rides, then came out and won his next two. Those were the rides that effectively won Poole the meeting.

A typical uneducated blind response that so many who have been involved in the sport come out with.

THIS is the kind of attitude that has helped the decline of the sport in this country.

How true those words are. :t: It must be part of the indoctrination process .

Woah Tiger. Get over it. If a review of the decision had to be made it would have been made, but it wasn't. Move on, nothing to see here just the usual rantees, including yourself again.

• Like 1

Dead right. There is an old but very true saying that goes "slow justice is no justice". The longer these sorts of decisions are left hanging in the air, especially the simple ones, the less chance there is of people accepting them as fair, even if they are. I am not one of those who criticise the sports governing body at every turn but the dilatory decision making process does a lot of damage to the sport.

Special congratulations to Craig Cook. He has been knocking at the door for so long, and written off as a "nearly man" so many times that it's good to see him finally make the break through to be the best rider over two legs and certainly the one that kept Belle Vue in the fight.. Hope to see him continue to kick on next year.

I'll be honest, I feel a little sorry for Poole. One of their riders made a mistake. It happens but normally when a mistake is made it's sorted out by the referee, the referee messed up so BV appealed. The mupets at the SCB failed to act. This now leave a huge question mark over the result.

Poole didn't cheat but on of their riders did make a mistake that the rulebook says should be punished.

So well done to the SCB on leaving a sour taste in Poole win. Well done for not acting. All it took was a quick meeting yesterday morning to make a decision and announce it! Now whatever they decide is going to be "wrong".

Woah Tiger. Get over it. If a review of the decision had to be made it would have been made, but it wasn't. Move on, nothing to see here just the usual rantees, including yourself again.

Again, the attitude that has caused hundreds of fans to walk away from the sport.

It isn't just the 'usual rantees'. That's what you and your cohorts have been telling yourself for the last 15 years or so as crowds continue to abandon the sport.

The situation was very simple, the SCB or BSPA or whomever in authority simply announces that either they have reviewed it and no action is to be taken or that it is not something that is up for review. It would take about 2 mins of their time and the sports fans understand the situation.

Is that so hard to understand?

Communication, that is all that is required.. a basic requirement for any successful business! Little wonder that speedway is not on the whole successful!

• Like 5

Would appear that the most moaning about the result is coming from everybody but us Aces fans. Proud of how we performed in the play-offs, great to see decent crowd levels - Roll on 2016. If, as they say, luck evens itself up, maybe it will be our turn next season.

Spot on Tony. The Aces did themselves proud over the two legs. Too much is being made of the goggles thing, the ref missed it and that should be that, it doesn't detract from Poole's win in the slightest. It was a mistake that happened, no cheating in the slightest. The SCB should just have confirmed that on Tuesday morning. Even as an Aces fan you have to be honest and say sometimes you just get beat by the better team, and over the two legs, the whole season in fact, it is hard to argue that Poole weren't better than us.

if any Ace deserves special mention though it is Craig Cook, what a performance over the two legs and for sure he looked like he had some mega pride in the Aces bib, massive well done to Cookie

Hopefully this can be the springboard to big things in the new stadium

• Like 4