British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Poole Vs The Aces For The Title

Exactly!! No official protest or appeal mentioned!!

Why would BV or any team for that matter, say that they will make no further comment? Surely if there was to be some sort of score reversal or anything at all that favoured BV then a comment would surely be forthcoming.

As I've said before, as seen on TV, there was a clear breach of the racing rules, by the SCB officials on the night and the rider. Therefore any retrospective action should be in the form of a rider fine. However as there was no reference to any incident in the Ref's meeting report, I'm not sure what else should or could happen?!

It says they will not make any further comment at this time you forgot to add the last bit obviously a mistake on your part Edited by kingbee

You are correct - I took it to mean 'this season'!!

But anyway all has become clear now - no protest, no appeal, just a complaint about the ref!!

Belle Vue management complained about the standard of referee. They was never interested in appealing to get the 2 points back.

Of course not..

Basically they wanted to appease their fans without wanting to rock the boat with their brick supplier.

• Like 1

You are correct - I took it to mean 'this season'!!

But anyway all has become clear now - no protest, no appeal, just a complaint about the ref!!

Referees routinely ignore rules about headgear. If the riders hair is not completely covered by the helmet it is supposed to be tucked in , but riders like Skornicki and Lindback always have it flowing out the back in contravention of the rules. The you have riders who paint their own crash helmets, I don't think I have seen a single one of them, certainly not GP riders that have the appropriate helmet area covered by the racing colour but nothing is ever done. Not surprising the ref on this occasion got a bit lax about the rules.

Of course not..

Basically they wanted to appease their fans without wanting to rock the boat with their brick supplier.

And that has to rank as the most stupid comment on the thread....................

RP

Belle Vue management complained about the standard of referee. They was never interested in appealing to get the 2 points back.

Are you sure?

The only instance where the referee definitely was wrong was GoggleGate. The other decisions he had to make, were all judgement calls and watching them back again - you can't say he was definitely wrong. The only 50/50 was Cook's exclusion, and while there's an argument for all 4 back - Cook's exclusion wasn't unreasonable.

Live, on the night - the Belle Vue fans were unhappy with some decisions, but that's without the benefit of a big screen and while wearing Rose Tinted spectacles (as all fans do).

SCB have really screwed up this one* - they should have made a statement before the 2nd leg. Now they're dammed if they do and dammed if they don't. If they don't remove Newman's points from Heat 12 - they're accused of being biased towards Poole, remove his poitns and the Elite League Trophy changes desitination (or at least a share of it) thus makign the Grand Final a bit of a fiasco.

(* Although the real-screw up was by the Referee - if he'd have made a decision on the night (i.e. looked at the Replay when Lemon asked him too) GoggleGate would be a minor foot-note and nothing more)

Lets leave it there then because this could go on and on with no real end and its getting a little boring now.

Belle vue wanted to win it on the track or not at all.

Lets remember the points that really matter.Both teams gave us a great final to remember it must i.m.o be ranked as one of the best and a great advert for British speedway.Well done to Poole who on the track were (just) the better team over the 2 legs.

Pools highlights their reserves performance at Kirky lane and the home peformance of Magic and achieving 3 titles in a row.

Belle vues highlights their never say die attitude and Cookie showing what he can really do in the Elite league and for giving our long suffering fans the hope that we have finally turned the corner and are on our way to being the Belle vue of old.

So lets forget gogglegate and remember what really matters and that is what happened on the track it was a brilliant play off final.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 6

And that has to rank as the most stupid comment on the thread....................

RP

Not any more........ . .......
  • Like 3

What appeal?

The appeal for Jerrard Hart

• Like 2

Wow.......I bet they're putting out the crowd barriers as I type.

Well it will be well attended, but I don't see a space for you.

Well it will be well attended, but I don't see a space for you.

Actually, I'd love to be there; albeit I'm under trenendous stress due to my Wife having a serious operation to remove an ingrowing toenail.

Maybe next week, eh?