British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Glasgow Lc Final 1st Leg 25/9/15 @7.30pm

It would need to be drink faster and numb the pain.

Indeed..i hope the Buckfast didnt run out in the bar for you,George and Mr Paulco tonight (if he was there that is..i await his post match/mortem with much interest ;) ) What can i say..the boys in Blue & Gold were absolutely fantastic tonight..and the Red & White lot were melted :D Tigers riders seemed a wee bit shellshocked after the meeting in the pits,..felt like saying 'cheer up ..it could have been worse' ..which to be truthful it could have! :P I really loved seeing a big crowd at the Dale tonight and hope there is a fair sized crowd for the return at the new improved Midden on sunday.I'm sure our boys arent complacent..despite tonight (i'm certainly not) and we go and attack them right from the start the way we did tonight..bring it oan :t: Just read back..sorry you werent there Gaz,you would have loved it lol..though i'm sure the people who run the bar would have appreciated their record profits :drink:

Edited by Young51

Indeed..i hope the Buckfast didnt run out in the bar for you,George and Mr Paulco tonight (if he was there that is..i await his post match/mortem with much interest ;) ) What can i say..the boys in Blue & Gold were absolutely fantastic tonight..and the Red & White lot were melted :D Tigers riders seemed a wee bit shellshocked after the meeting in the pits,..felt like saying 'cheer up ..it could have been worse' ..which to be truthful it could have! :P I really loved seeing a big crowd at the Dale tonight and hope there is a fair sized crowd for the return at the new improved Midden on sunday.I'm sure our boys arent complacent..despite tonight (i'm certainly not) and we go and attack them right from the start the way we did tonight..bring it oan :t: Just read back..sorry you werent there Gaz,you would have loved it lol..though i'm sure the people who run the bar would have appreciated their record profits :drink:

Beat it!

• Like 1

Fair play if i ever get in the position to be smug i am certainly going to take it with both hands sadly or looking at it after the fact gladly i was working tonight but i will be there on Sunday regardless.

If your through on Sunday come over and say hello and i may even buy you a pint but make sure it is before the meeting my bottom lip will have carpet burns on it no doubt after the meeting.

• Like 3

well done to the Monarchs ( it pains me to say ) they were up for it and we were not, cant see anyone beating them over 2 legs in any of the remaining competitions, they have been the best all season and deserve to win, as for the Tiggers, we have had a great season considering where we have been the last few seasons, we need to build for next year. Hopefully we will retain Aaron Summers , he has carried us through some difficult meetings and can hold his head high. will still be there for the return leg on Sunday and hope for at least a home win

• Like 4

Fantastic crowd tonight and we'll done all Scottish Speedway fans

Monarchs hungrier from gate and deserved big win. Cookie sublime and Kaiser excellent despite Ht 15.

Morris subdued though Spud tried hard,and the real Dickie Lawson appeared,not able to hide in the No 1 race jacket.

Pavlova carmelised and Jimmy the Kangaroo sat still tonight...must be a first!

But take a bow Coty Messi Garcia more please on Sunday

Weegies liable to come out swinging at Ashfield but if we can keep it tight for first 6 races then it should be comfortable. If not then it might get close.

Seems amazing that Tigers heat leaders won 1 race tonight and our reserves outscored theirs 7 to ,5 That explains the scoreline me thinks.

Pity Stewart Dickson missed the winners parade this time.He did seem to enjoy a wee hurl on the wheels last time

Like Gazc I was working and couldn't be there. Well done to the Monarchs they seem to have the right mentality to rise to the occasion.

PUMPED! :approve::approve::approve:

Great performance tonight by the boys all chipped in with important points. Cookie lead from the front backed up well by Wolbert, Sedgy and Sam. Rob started well then faded a little at the end. Erik also having a decent night till he decided he was going to go for a wee lie down against the 3rd bend bouncy castle.

Special mention to wee Coty Garcia wasn't expecting much TBH but he chipped in with a few points and tried like a bear all night, unlucky not to get that paid win in heat 11.

For the tiggers. Summers the only one really competitive, Morris not really at the races and nice to see the really Dickie Lawson make a return tonight. Palovaara who normally gates well and scores a few points round the Dale didn't gate tonight and looked poor. Biggest suprise to me was that Sarjeant didn't move once all night!

Now onto Sunday the trophy might be within touching distance but we still need to go there and get the job done witch i'm sure the boys will do. :t:

• Like 1

Have to say the Weegie supporters have all been extremely magnanimous in defeat.

If they triumph on Sunday I hope we can be the same.

Anyone know a reliable weather forecast for Sunday?

• Like 4

Have to say the Weegie supporters have all been extremely magnanimous in defeat.

If they triumph on Sunday I hope we can be the same.

Anyone know a reliable weather forecast for Sunday?

The weekend looking good for the Glasgow Sept weekend Sunny & Warm both day's so T - Shirt weather for Sunday.

PUMPED! :approve::approve::approve:

Great performance tonight by the boys all chipped in with important points. Cookie lead from the front backed up well by Wolbert, Sedgy and Sam. Rob started well then faded a little at the end. Erik also having a decent night till he decided he was going to go for a wee lie down against the 3rd bend bouncy castle.

Special mention to wee Coty Garcia wasn't expecting much TBH but he chipped in with a few points and tried like a bear all night, unlucky not to get that paid win in heat 11.

For the tiggers. Summers the only one really competitive, Morris not really at the races and nice to see the really Dickie Lawson make a return tonight. Palovaara who normally gates well and scores a few points round the Dale didn't gate tonight and looked poor. Biggest suprise to me was that Sarjeant didn't move once all night!

Now onto Sunday the trophy might be within touching distance but we still need to go there and get the job done witch i'm sure the boys will do. :t:

There alway's one and surprise surprise who would have thought it would have been you.

There alway's one and surprise surprise who would have thought it would have been you.

Someone has to. ;)

• Like 1

Unless our three riders who are riding tomorrow (Riss & Wolbert in the Fatherland, Branford in the NLRC) fail to make Ashfield on Sunday, it is difficult to envisage Tigers turning round a 21 pt deficit.

Prior to the start I was browsing the prog and noted the Tigers last individual scores at the Dale totalled 62 ! (Morris 10+2, Summers 8, Palovaara 8+1,Nieminen 8, Lawson 14+2, Sarjeant 9+1, Stichauer 5+1).

Given we were missing an in form Max Clegg I feared that Glasgow were going to give us a real doing - how wrong could I be.

IMO rather than Glasgow being poor (apart from Lawson, who appeared disinterested) , the Monarchs once again raised their game, including guest Fernando Garcia whose efforts in heats 11 & 14 were greatly appreciated.

I'll be there on Sunday hoping we retain the silverware and before I am accused of being an erstwhile glory hunter (which is daft anyway, given the glory we experienced in 2014), I had already bought an online ticket on Wednesday :wink:

Firstly, well done to The Tigers fans who have taken this so well and came on to pass on their congratulations despite being so disappointed with their team. My apolgies for being a bit smug in my usual biased report from the Chatzone -

Well that was slightly above average tonight! I said to ML on Tuesday that we would win with ease over two legs if we reproduced our second half form from last week. I was hoping for a 10-12 point win tonight and was confident of a narrow win on Sunday. A 21 point lead is incredible and only complacency can lose the Cup now. With this team, that will not happen.

From heat 1 Monarchs were magnificent! Cookie didn't just get a max, he was miles ahead in every race, as I told him in the bar - he was ok - lol. Justin was beaten once by Aaron, great back up. Kevin was superb, bad gate in 15. Erik's night would have been great but for a fall in ht 14. Sam, like Justin, one losing race. Cody Garcia burst a gut for us in heat 11 especially, great guest. Rob did so well to pass both kittens in heat 2 to set the tone for the night. His only disapointing ride was heat 12 when Hynek passed him.

For Tigers (or was it Bandits?) Lawson - Garcia and Brandford scored more - each!. Sarjeant picked up 4 from beating our reserves once each, is he losing too much by staying still at the tapes? Aaron was the only Tiger to turn up and got half the Tigers race wins. Kauko did well to beat Sam and will be happy to stay on the bike tonight, he's tasted the shale a few times at the Dale. Our good friend Mr Morris beat only Branford and Riss before ht 15, he will surely score more on Sunday.

Palovaara was a big let down given his previous Dale form and Stichauer looked better than I expected. Good to meet up with Paulco and Elaine in the bar, cheers for the pint.

So, onto Sunday - hopefully we go for it from heat 1 and avoid any worries. By the way,not a bad report after a night in hospitality hic!!

Unless our three riders who are riding tomorrow (Riss & Wolbert in the Fatherland, Branford in the NLRC) fail to make Ashfield on Sunday, it is difficult to envisage Tigers turning round a 21 pt deficit.

Prior to the start I was browsing the prog and noted the Tigers last individual scores at the Dale totalled 62 ! (Morris 10+2, Summers 8, Palovaara 8+1,Nieminen 8, Lawson 14+2, Sarjeant 9+1, Stichauer 5+1).

Given we were missing an in form Max Clegg I feared that Glasgow were going to give us a real doing - how wrong could I be.

IMO rather than Glasgow being poor (apart from Lawson, who appeared disinterested) , the Monarchs once again raised their game, including guest Fernando Garcia whose efforts in heats 11 & 14 were greatly appreciated.

I'll be there on Sunday hoping we retain the silverware and before I am accused of being an erstwhile glory hunter (which is daft anyway, given the glory we experienced in 2014), I had already bought an online ticket on Wednesday :wink:

This. Total turnaround in the last month or two.

Don't think anyone can accuse you off that given you are only supporting your team after all it is not you fault at this minute in time Edinburgh are a much better team than us.

And even if there are glory hunters going on Sunday that is there perrogative i am sure if we were in that position we would do the same.

And on to Richard Lawson as i was not there last night i cannot comment on his lack off performance but what i will say in the last 3 months he has been superb and has increased his average significantly, I will give him the benefit that there may have been mechanical problems and hopefully he will return to normal come Sunday.

Nick is more off a worry to me as since the Darcy Ward incident he has looked a pale shadow off the Rider we know he is.

Don't think anyone can accuse you off that given you are only supporting your team after all it is not you fault at this minute in time Edinburgh are a much better team than us.

And even if there are glory hunters going on Sunday that is there perrogative i am sure if we were in that position we would do the same.

And on to Richard Lawson as i was not there last night i cannot comment on his lack off performance but what i will say in the last 3 months he has been superb and has increased his average significantly, I will give him the benefit that there may have been mechanical problems and hopefully he will return to normal come Sunday.

Nick is more off a worry to me as since the Darcy Ward incident he has looked a pale shadow off the Rider we know he is.

Morris has been a pale shadow of the No1 we expected for most of the season. He has been injured for the bulk of the middle part of the season and is unable to win races at the Stade D'Ashfield. I cant see us inviting him back for 2016.

I wont buy Richard Lawson having bike problems, psychological perhaps. As far as i can see he hasnt ridden since the Rye House debacle 2 weeks ago. Preparation is everything in this sport, his points return is unacceptable.