British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

All this desperation over will Garrity ride or not from Coventry fans. He seems tobe over riding all the time and is one bend away from a smash with all those overlocks.

To some extent I agree, Garrity has been a star at reserve for the last 2 seasons but riding in the main team will be a lot more difficult. Riding against better opposition will mean he has to ride harder to score points,I can see even more exclusions this season!

He will probably average mid 5's in the main team, i don't think we need to get too hysterical over whether he signs or not as there are other options available, maybe not as entertaining but just as capable of scoring 5 or 6 points a meeting.

Don't get me wrong I love watching Jason and his enthusiasm is great, I hope he stays but if he wants to move on then it's not a disaster.

I'm more interested in whether or not we get some decent heat leaders to support Bomber as we can no longer rely on the big reserve advantage to save the day.

Bees fourth signing is Danny King.

• Like 2

is king classed as a heatleader? clearly he was one of the few that could justifiably be included or omitted from tge list

• Like 1

COVENTRY can confirm Great Britain international Danny King will return to the club next season.

King enjoyed a consistent first year with the Buildbase Bees in 2015 having spent much of his previous time in the Elite League with Ipswich, Peterborough and then Birmingham.

He was involved in several important races for Coventry last season, teaming up with skipper Chris Harris for a memorable match-winning Heat 15 5-1 at Lakeside as well as securing a home win over top-four rivals Swindon with victories in each of the last two races.

And in the first leg of the play-off semi-final against Poole, King salvaged a draw for the Bees with a remarkable Heat 15 effort to overtake both of the Pirates’ top two riders, Chris Holder and Maciej Janowski.

Individually, he finished a best-ever third in the British Final at Wolverhampton, and continued to represent his country in the World Cup.

King joins Harris as a starter in the Bees’ top five for next year, and promoter Mick Horton says he’s delighted to have both top Brits returning in 2016.

Horton said: “We were very eager to bring Danny back, and he really wanted to come back - he’d wanted to ride for Coventry for a few years, and he loved being here.

“What impressed me about Danny last season was the way he learnt the track in terms of the dirt on the outside - I knew he was a racer, but I didn’t think he’d be trying the ‘Bomber’ line!

“Both Danny and Chris were key to our team building plans, and it’s great for us to have them both signed.”

Bees now have four riders confirmed for 2016 with King and Harris joining reserve duo James Sarjeant and Josh Bates, and talks are ongoing to fill the remaining positions.

• Like 1

So Coventry look like heading this way

Harris

Cook

Zengota

King

Another

?????????

Harris

Cook

Zengota

King

Another

?????????

Why wouldn't Cook be riding for BV??

Hey I have just realised we are three pages ahead of Poole

You can win that and we'll win the league :D

Good signing if second string, not so good if heat leader.

Team looking on the inconsistent side, with lots of wins or lasts.

• Like 1

In a substandard league it seems OK but nothing to get excited about we need a Kenny larsen or Sunstrom

Edited by kingbee
  • Like 2

is king classed as a heatleader? clearly he was one of the few that could justifiably be included or omitted from tge list

King is on an identical average (6.48) to Poole's new heat leader Buzczkowski so Q.E.D. I guess?!

Anything other than heat leader would just be cheating manipulating the rules wouldn't it?? :shock::wink::D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Horton said: .......

“What impressed me about Danny last season was the way he learnt the track in terms of the dirt on the outside - I knew he was a racer, but I didn’t think he’d be trying the ‘Bomber’ line!

Christ. When the man making your signing is "impressed" that a man who has racd the outside line for 10-13 years where ever he has ridden has "learnt" to race "on the outside" you have to question his knowledge of the sport and the rider in it that he is signing.

Next he'll be complimenting how Sarjeant has learnt to gate, Harris has learnt to pass people, Hans learnt to ride the inside before drifting a little wide that Greg Hancock seems to have become a very good gater this year.

King is on an identical average (6.48) to Poole's new heat leader Buzczkowski so Q.E.D. I guess?!

No, thats exactly why there needs to be a heat leader list as its not that simple. Take Zengota and Watt, rode 95% of meetings as second string but have 7+ averages. So they're second strings. But North and PL have 5.XX average attained riding as a heat leader so are heat leaders.

Harris

Cook

Zengota

King

Another

?????????

COOK, have you completely lost it? :o

COOK, have you completely lost it? :o

Same guy who was telling us Bomber was on his way to the Aces , wind up merchant.!! :D

• Like 1

Christ. When the man making your signing is "impressed" that a man who has racd the outside line for 10-13 years where ever he has ridden has "learnt" to race "on the outside" you have to question his knowledge of the sport and the rider in it that he is signing.

Next he'll be complimenting how Sarjeant has learnt to gate, Harris has learnt to pass people, Hans learnt to ride the inside before drifting a little wide that Greg Hancock seems to have become a very good gater this year.

No, thats exactly why there needs to be a heat leader list as its not that simple. Take Zengota and Watt, rode 95% of meetings as second string but have 7+ averages. So they're second strings. But North and PL have 5.XX average attained riding as a heat leader so are heat leaders.

You mean it has taken you this long to realise Horton's knowledge of the sport is flawed! Ask a Panther fan what their thoughts are on the guy! When he left the showground i expect you could hear the cheers from the A1!