British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

Oh I'm gonna love to see how this thread develops.........!!

It's implicit in a single-tier admission policy that we don't know the status of individual fans - other than them being over 16........

You mean like most promotions you don't have a clue about the age demographics of your customer base?! :party:

• Like 3

I'm not to worried about the KK of 2013 (even if he was distinctly underwhelming that season) because the KK of 2013 should still score well in this weakened EL (we seem to use this phrase to compare against previous seasons far too often). I'm more worried about the KK of 2015.

The fact is, if KK rides anything like he is capable of, he is more than capable of being amongst the top 3 or 4 riders in the league. For me, Doyle is the best heatleader, followed by Holder. If Zagar returns to BV, then he will be up there too. KK? Who knows? He's an enigma.

But what other options were there? To be honest, I think with the lack of top level riders about, and Bees losing Hans Andersen (surely KK can't be as disappointing as Andersen was last year) we've done well. I suspect there will be teams out there that would do anything for a top 3 of KK, Harris and King.

I would have liked to have seen Larsen back but, if he's on form, KK is a better rider than Larsen. It's that big 'if' again.

How many points do we have left?

7.37 left. We now have our three heat-leaders and both double-uppers so the final signing will be a full-time EL second string.

i think KK is a decent signing and will prove to be able to at least maintain his average after his disaster of a season last year.We all know what he is capable of and good luck to him.

• Like 3

You mean like most promotions you don't have a clue about the age demographics of your customer base?! :party:

I think they know exactly how many of each group have been " clicking " the turnstiles at Cov.

That's why they have decided to hit the seniors with a 20% increase

• Like 2

7.37 left. We now have our three heat-leaders and both double-uppers so the final signing will be a full-time EL second string.

Davey Watt?

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. I know exactly our demographic for EL attendances, as that information was collected via the turnstiles. It was not for the Storm.

• Like 1

On the pricing structure, going to a single tier pricing system is a step backwards in my opinion.

I am an "Elite League snob", in that I do prefer top tier racing to the Premier League. Although with the weakening of the leagues, the gap reduces season by season. Having attended the Premier League Grand Final between Glasgow v Edinburgh - both legs - you couldn't help but be impressed by a multi-tier and multi-day pricing structure. You could get your tickets on your phone. If you bought on the Monday, it was cheaper than the Thursday or Friday and so on. There was none of this paying at the gate and then getting by ticket ripped by a second line of defence (very needless) at Coventry.

I am guessing that the line of thought is that old people will come to Brandon anyway, regardless of the product - something full paying adults have had to support for years with price increases.

I would want a multi-tier system creating not single tier system. The benefit is more people will buy in the week (getting to the bank quicker), less cash on site, fewer people will make that call on the day regarding the weather, and guess what......buying tickets online is the NORM for under 30s, you are getting into their lifestyles.

I am not a pensioner. This isn't for the kids for the future, this current regime cannot even say where the team will be racing in the future.

• Like 2

Not sure how you come to that conclusion. I know exactly our demographic for EL attendances, as that information was collected via the turnstiles. It was not for the Storm.

Then, as others have said, you've made a very brave decision - one that I hope for your sake doesn't prove to be a wrong 'un!!

• Like 1

Interesting. Kenni Larsen is on 7.26. But I suspect he's on that elusive heat leader list.

• Like 2

Good signing for Coventry and best of the rest, a number of clubs came in at the last minute for KK, like I said before maybe a asset swap loan deal with Poole.

I personally would have preferred Larsen but how do we know he even wants to ride in the UK.

I'm 50/50 on the KK signing.

In 2010 he was brilliant for us and I loved watching the partnership between him and Harris. When he rides to his potential then he could beat a lot of riders in the league. There is also a real shortage of potential number 1s wanting to ride in Britain. With no SGP commitments hopefully he will have less pressure on him.

However what makes me a bit wary is thinking of the frustration watching him ride for us in 2013 and not scoring. He has also had a shocking season in the SGP. Kaspazak is a confidence rider and when things are going bad it's often hard for him to get back on track.

I guess it will be easier to see how strong our top 3 is once others are announced. On their day, that top 3 does look good.

With just over 7 points left, I wonder if we will be building close to the point limit. with us not having one of the strongest reserve pairings, I think it will need to be someone capable of riding as a heatleader.

Just one big request. Please NO BARKER OR WATT 🙈

Interesting. Kenni Larsen is on 7.26. But I suspect he's on that elusive heat leader list.

Would be unstoppable if we could get him as well. 🙏 imagine he may be on the list though. Edited by mdmc82

I personally would have preferred Larsen but how do we know he even wants to ride in the UK.

I'm 50/50 on the KK signing.

In 2010 he was brilliant for us and I loved watching the partnership between him and Harris. When he rides to his potential then he could beat a lot of riders in the league. There is also a real shortage of potential number 1s wanting to ride in Britain. With no SGP commitments hopefully he will have less pressure on him.

However what makes me a bit wary is thinking of the frustration watching him ride for us in 2013 and not scoring. He has also had a shocking season in the SGP. Kaspazak is a confidence rider and when things are going bad it's often hard for him to get back on track.

I guess it will be easier to see how strong our top 3 is once others are announced. On their day, that top 3 does look good.

With just over 7 points left, I wonder if we will be building close to the point limit. with us not having one of the strongest reserve pairings, I think it will need to be someone capable of riding as a heatleader.

Just one big request. Please NO BARKER

Would be unstoppable if we could get him as well. imagine he may be on the list though.

We can't have Ben Barker. He'd be doubling up as he's signed for Glasgow for next season.

Phew what a relief 😉

Always like to have my two pennies worth.

I understand the reasoning of lowering the cost of the younger person, hoping to attract more to the sport, but not at the expense of those who already support the sport. From my visit to various tracks the crowd always have a big percentage of older patrons. But persecuting them is wrong. Some will continue to follow the sport, while others will say sod this. Its quite obvious from the new pricing structure the older generation is not favoured. Weighing the extra income against the absenteeism of others will be a close call, all it will do is drive people away............. That's the last thing any club wants. The terraces are empty enough already,,,

At a time when stupid decisions are creating havoc with the sport, to me, this is another one to add to the list.........This decision will benefit no one.....

I suspect that lowering the cost for the younger person was not the primary motive.

KK

Hahahahahahahahaha

Couldn't be more delighted for Coventry and it's not Wolves.

Comes to something when price structures and pensions are more exciting news.

What a happy start to the weekend. :t:

Edited by stevebrum