British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

in context thou it works out only a pound more than poole , cuz at poole its £2 to park free at cov

and as i put earlier if you take any grandkids its free at cov whereas at most other clubs its a fiver for kids

at poole kids ages 11-17 its £7 its free at cov

other clubs the kids prices vary

Yet there are a lot of kidd still go to Poole so no need to change prices unless their attendances suddenly decreased.

parkings better at cov as well

Poole is in pretty much in town centre and Coventry is like Eastbourne in middle of nowhere so more room!!

the only other solution if OAP's dont like paying £17 is to buy a season ticket, would most likely take it down to about £14 a match

you also get a programme thrown in aswell

Really? I never knew this? I had a season ticket the last couple of seasons and never got a free programme! Looks like I've been paying an extra £3 as well then so don't worry OAP's you're not alone :-)

I don't know why anyone is that bothered about paying an extra £3, it's not going to break the bank and the promotion have to do what's right for the club. Getting a younger crowd through the gates is crucial for the future of not just Coventry but speedway in general.

• Like 1

Really? I never knew this? I had a season ticket the last couple of seasons and never got a free programme! Looks like I've been paying an extra £3 as well then so don't worry OAP's you're not alone :-)

I think this might be something new this season so you haven't missed out but make sure you get one now. :lol:

Elite League season tickets are based on a minimum of 15 meetings to include 14 league matches, the Elite Shield and play-offs subject to qualification. These are priced at £250, and in 2016 season ticket holders will receive a programme.

• Like 1

I came to Bombers Testimonial and as Belle Vue can't get a track fit to race on still, I decided to come to the Leicester match with my daughter and youngest son and was pleasantly surprised to see that it only cost £17 for the three of us to get in. Add £3 for a programme and that's just £20 after an hour's journey from my house.

Racing hasn't been great apart from a few close finishes at Bombers but it is good value for someone to take their kids to a Speedway meeting. As it happens I will be back at Brandon on Friday when Wolves are there with ex Bees, Kylmakorpi and Howarth in the team so that's 3\3 so far at Coventry and I may be coming to the Kings Lynn meeting too.

As for the Bees it was no surprise Bomber and KK made light work of a weak Leicester team and King didn't have to much trouble as they lacked any real heat leaders and only made a match of it due to a strong reserve pairing which Bees don't have and that is going to cost them all season.

Woryna wasn't too bad and could have scored more but for a puncture in his first ride but against stronger opposition and a team with big guns in they are going to get tested much more than this during the season and need Garrity to get inform as the top three won't be hitting 30 plus against other teams and the reserves will secure Garrity a place in the main body as neither are capable of moving up.

Against Wolverhampton they will have Lindgren usually going well at Brandon, Bech capable of scoring and Kylmakorpi knowing the track well. Add to that Lindgren will be a second string and Howarth at reserve and Bees will have to improve on what I have seen so far.

• Like 1

I think this might be something new this season so you haven't missed out but make sure you get one now. :lol:

Elite League season tickets are based on a minimum of 15 meetings to include 14 league matches, the Elite Shield and play-offs subject to qualification. These are priced at £250, and in 2016 season ticket holders will receive a programme.[/size]

I've gone back to paying at the turnstiles this season as there's a couple of meetings I might not be able to make due to work.

Maybe I'll buy one next year if we're back for one more season... You never know we might be!

Against Wolverhampton they will have Lindgren usually going well at Brandon, Bech capable of scoring and Kylmakorpi knowing the track well. Add to that Lindgren will be a second string and Howarth at reserve and Bees will have to improve on what I have seen so far.

I agree with all of that, Thorsell normally scores well at Brandon too and Sam Masters looks a good rider, I think Wolves look like a decent team this year as they will always have 1 very strong reserve.

They will be a tough test for sure.

• Like 1

kids are the future full paying adults - get as many in - get the speedway bug - hopefully

We need a new track for the future at Coventry.

Regards Tony.

• Like 1

i got a feeling its gonna be a while yet before brandon's fate is decided,

Meant to be starting knocking it down end of this season 😥

kids are the future full paying adults - get as many in - get the speedway bug - hopefully

Been to Glasgow today - not a problem there - kids and youngsters in abundance. Adult admission £ 17.50, kids under 11 1 quid - programme 3 pounds.

Meeting ran like clockwork, they have the 2 minute countdown clock on the start line, so no excuse to wait, wait, wait !

Promotion attempted to and succeeded, to get kids involved in various activities throughout the meeting at the natural gaps and interval

to keep their interest throughout the meeting. ( kids got a free Easter egg on entry too )

All it takes is a little thought and not too much effort. Was so impressed with Glasgow speedway as a whole and full credit to them.

As for the meeting, the track was (very) wet, but rideable and RACEABLE ! Some amazing fearless racing on great banked circuit

By all 14 riders

Crowd was large - so much so that the 50/50 draw presented 500 quid to the lucky ticket holder - alas not me !

thanks Glasgow ( and Bees) for making it a great day - prospect of 350 mile journey back tomorrow not so good though.

• Like 2

Yet there are a lot of kidd still go to Poole so no need to change prices unless their attendances suddenly decreased.

Poole is in pretty much in town centre and Coventry is like Eastbourne in middle of nowhere so more room!!

Coventry is in middle of nowhere? have they moved it? Eastbourne id agree

Coventry is in middle of nowhere? have they moved it? Eastbourne id agree

Compared to Poole it is! Not like it's near the city centre is it? ;) Lots of space for car parking.
  • Like 1

I hope those entitled to a concession stay away in protest to no concession prices.

It has already been stated that 2016 is the last season at Brandon and having no concessions is an insult to those entitled to a concession.

I hope those entitled to a concession stay away in protest to no concession prices.

It has already been stated that 2016 is the last season at Brandon and having no concessions is an insult to those entitled to a concession.

Is there an entitlement if no concession is offered?

• Like 3