British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

I quite understand people have different opinions. What irritates me is the fans who still moan on here when a price increase doesn't even affect them. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember seeing any OAP (except me) comment on the subject. However, it's been quite clear over the years there are some who don't like the current promotion so take every opportunity to criticize and it's the same people every time.

But they don't need to be OAP's to have an opinion , do they?

If people don't like Horton & Co that's their choice, and if some choose to criticise we could argue that they have a pretty good reason to do so, there have been so many bad moves by this promotion it's becoming difficult to remember them all now.

Excellent post. I'd also suggest showing planning officials that a younger generation is attending may help the new stadium situation. Just a thought.

Good idea! Wouldn't have thought of that.
  • Like 1

totally agree about the oap's ......concessions for them should be medications , travel , utility bills , tv licence , going to a speedway meeting is not a nessessity its a choice , they qualify for free travel too and from the speedway if its available

coventry doing the right thing in trying to attract a new younger audience, the kids who eihter get in free or pay a fiver are tomorrows full paying adults in essence.........

the big concessions that are ruining speedway are at the AGM when the other promoters continually give poole concessions,

Edited by heathen chemistry

think you are insulting all the other promoters heathen implying they are all that stupid that they "continually give poole concessions"

Yes, and what are these concessions?

OAP's clearly!!! ;)

are you saying the promoters gang up and bring rules in that stop poole signing the team they want , cuz to me it seems the complete opposite

when was the last time poole moaned about not being able to sign the rider/s they wanted because of rules by other promotions?

we all know that a lot of shady things go on at the bspa

• Like 1

are you saying the promoters gang up and bring rules in that stop poole signing the team they want , cuz to me it seems the complete opposite

when was the last time poole moaned about not being able to sign the rider/s they wanted because of rules by other promotions?

we all know that a lot of shady things go on at the bspa

So you don't have any examples to back up your argument then? If other promoters agree with rules that suit Matt Ford/Poole then that's their lookout! Matt has suggested rules that riders want as well. Like, Magnus Zetterstrom wanted riders at no2 starting on the inside gates in heat 1.

OAP's clearly!!! ;)

No comment! ;):D

To be fair I can see what he's saying ie Buzskowski not on heat leader list and the reserves averages but that's the fault of the majority of promoters voting it in and not Poole. Certainly the ones that have left the sport would've challenged some of the things that were agreed. No idea why they agreed to it as its certainly not help them individually or EL as a competitive league.

To be fair I can see what he's saying ie Buzskowski not on heat leader list and the reserves averages but that's the fault of the majority of promoters voting it in and not Poole. Certainly the ones that have left the sport would've challenged some of the things that were agreed. No idea why they agreed to it as its certainly not help them individually or EL as a competitive league.

Although we don't always get our own way! A couple of years ago, tried to get the sharing no1 position for Darcy and Chris that didn't happen at the time.

Those other sports in Coventry have sponsors paying the bills ,and all are operating in council owned stadia at discount rates , , so letting a few bend the rules and get in cheap doesn't really affect them , On the other hand Speedway has all the cost and none of the help . plus if you took out all the amateur photographers and other assorted hangers on who run around in hi-viz vests with Bspa tags round their necks most places would be half empty .

People aren't going to care about sponsors paying the bills when deciding how to spend their expendable income. If they can get better value by attending another sport they will.

The issue is with the valid student ID. Most places accept NUS cards. IF the management is not happy to accept this, then they should've had a clear policy at the start of the season, declaring what they will accept, rather than just havign a strop and taking their ball home with them

Edited by beesboybert

Matt has suggested rules that riders want as well. Like, Magnus Zetterstrom wanted riders at no2 starting on the inside gates in heat 1.

No comment! ;):D

What happens if they're on gates 2 and 4 in the first race? :wink:

The issue is with the valid student ID. Most places accept NUS cards. IF the management is not happy to accept this, then they should've had a clear policy at the start of the season, declaring what they will accept, rather than just havign a strop and taking their ball home with them.

Who says they are? At the moment all that is happening is the student rate is withdrawn and they are contacting the local universities etc. over the next few days in order to look at possible ways forward so the full time student can benefit, which was the original intention not for the promotion to be cheated out of £12 by some fans who think they are clever. Bees haven't a match this week so hopefully things will be clearer by Monday.

What happens if they're on gates 2 and 4 in the first race? :wink:

Who says they are? At the moment all that is happening is the student rate is withdrawn and they are contacting the local universities etc. over the next few days in order to look at possible ways forward so the full time student can benefit, which was the original intention not for the promotion to be cheated out of £12 by some fans who think they are clever. Bees haven't a match this week so hopefully things will be clearer by Monday.

Gate 2 is one of the inside gates ;):D

totally agree about the oap's ......concessions for them should be medications , travel , utility bills , tv licence , going to a speedway meeting is not a nessessity its a choice , they qualify for free travel too and from the speedway if its available

coventry doing the right thing in trying to attract a new younger audience, the kids who eihter get in free or pay a fiver are tomorrows full paying adults in essence.........

the big concessions that are ruining speedway are at the AGM when the other promoters continually give poole concessions,

Pretty blinkered view about OAP's. When people reach that point generally they have less money than at any other point in their lives. From the promotions point of view, surely it is better to have some money off them than none at all.

Having a larger crowd present adds to the atmosphere.I have followed my team since 1967, soon that will be 50 years. When I reach that stage would you prefer me to sit at home, because it was too expensive for me ?