British Speedway Forum
Jacques

Coventry 2016

All I can say is that I would have been disappointed if Hans Andersen had been in the team next year 'false' average or not. He really was dire this year and his poor form really messed up the balance of our team.

The fact is, there are few false averages. Hans is a 6-7 point rider now. At least at Coventry he is. He's been on the slide since he first left Coventry at the end of 2008 when he was a genuine world-class heatleader. A move to another club might rejuvenate him (I suspect it won't) but if all Coventry were going to get was more of the same then, to be honest, it's a case of 'Close the door on your way out, Hans'.

The only 2 of last year's team I would definitely want back are Harris and Garrity. Otherwise, we need to shake the whole team up. I'd like to see Doyle if he wants away from Leicester. Suspect he's earmarked for elsewhere though. I'd certainly be happy to see Larsen back. He's on 6.57 I believe, which is only 0.12 higher than Andersen and certainly at Brandon I think would be worth more to the team in terms of points that Hans was this year. To be honest, assuming we retain Bomber and Jason, he'd be the first name on my shopping list.

• Like 4

G the Bee, on 20 Oct 2015 - 5:46 PM, said:

All I can say is that I would have been disappointed if Hans Andersen had been in the team next year 'false' average or not. He really was dire this year and his poor form really messed up the balance of our team.

The fact is, there are few false averages. Hans is a 6-7 point rider now. At least at Coventry he is. He's been on the slide since he first left Coventry at the end of 2008 when he was a genuine world-class heatleader. A move to another club might rejuvenate him (I suspect it won't) but if all Coventry were going to get was more of the same then, to be honest, it's a case of 'Close the door on your way out, Hans'.

The only 2 of last year's team I would definitely want back are Harris and Garrity. Otherwise, we need to shake the whole team up. I'd like to see Doyle if he wants away from Leicester. Suspect he's earmarked for elsewhere though. I'd certainly be happy to see Larsen back. He's on 6.57 I believe, which is only 0.12 higher than Andersen and certainly at Brandon I think would be worth more to the team in terms of points that Hans was this year. To be honest, assuming we retain Bomber and Jason, he'd be the first name on my shopping list.

Would you be expecting to start the season with Bomber at No1 ?

After his last season at Peterborough I think Larsen's average is around 7.2.

• Like 1

So no Hans and no AJ. I hope the club have a nice surprise for us!

Kenny Bjerre according to to the account that's going round .

• Like 1

Would you be expecting to start the season with Bomber at No1 ?

It's not ideal having Bomber go out in Heat 1 and I do think team managers should be allowed to chose whether their number 1 rides at 1, 3 or 5 like they used to be able to. But, realistically, not many available riders have a higher average. If the rules stay the same, we'll have to go with it I suppose. If it's a choice between that and letting Bomber go, then it's no contest. Bees without Bomber for their last season at Brandon is unthinkable. People knock him but he's been the finest servant to our club of the modern era.

I forgot about Peterborough. I'd still sign him on that though. Go with Harris, Larsen and Garrity and build from there.

Harris - 7.34

Larsen - 7.26

King - 6.48

Garrity - 5 (ish)

= 26.08

14.42 points for last 3 riders.

Still think Garrity is good value on a 5. If we can get Sarj on a 3, that means we have about 11 and a bit points for the final 2 riders.

Bjerre would be great on 5.87. Leaves 5 and a half for the last rider. Go for Peter Karlsson!

Edited by G the Bee
  • Like 1

.....G the Bee....... Bjerre would be great on 5.87. Leaves 5 and a half for the last rider. Go for Peter Karlsson!

Gawd you've got a strange taste in riders you'd like in the team. :shock: No likey....or Davey Watt and Troy Batchelor.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

Gawd you've got a strange taste in riders you'd like in the team. :shock: No likey....or Davey Watt and Troy Batchelor.

I'd be surprised if those two wanted to ride for Coventry anyway!
  • Like 2

Be financial disaster in PL. Bees supporters won't support anything other than EL, look at the gates for the Storm as they're shocking!

Would be different if it was your only option

Getting worried about the possible state of next seasons team. Waiting and hoping for the promotion to prove us wrong!

think lots of teams in same boat, beesman..looking forward to my final visits to the wonderful stadium next year